C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many miles have you gotten on your Goodyear SuperCar Tires

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 06:55 PM
TonyC6Go
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default How many miles have you gotten on your Goodyear SuperCar Tires

I have a 2012 Grand Sport that I bought brand new, that comes with the GoodYear Eagle Super Car F1 EMT tires: P275/35ZR18 (Fronts) and P325/30ZR19 (Rears).

I am a very conservative driver always keeping the air pressure at 30psi on all 4 tires and have never done burnouts or excessive braking. After just one year and 13,000 miles, I had to replace all 4 tires as they were very worn out.

After having a 2009 Coupe before this where I got a little over 34,000 miles on the original tires, I thought this was quite odd to have to replace them this soon ($2200) as my driving habits have not changed from that car to this one.

My question is, has anyone else had to replace their Good Year Eagle Super Car F1 EMT tires after less than 15,000 miles? I am curious how many miles you have gotten on those exact same Good Year tires before you had to replace them.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:59 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,490 Likes on 1,951 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

You need to be on this forum more frequently since you joined years ago. This subject has been discussed extensively. Plus, you are most likely talking about two different models of tires which cost significantly different amounts.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:22 PM
Hoodscoop
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why not answer his question? Or should we end all threads that have come up before?

I got 13000 or so on set 1 and I am headed for about 15000 on the second set. Less harder driving on turns through intersections. A fact of life due to asking a tire to run flat while trying to do its best in turns or straight line traction...
Old 10-31-2012, 07:38 PM
laconiajack
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyC6Go
I have a 2012 Grand Sport that I bought brand new, that comes with the GoodYear Eagle Super Car F1 EMT tires: P275/35ZR18 (Fronts) and P325/30ZR19 (Rears).

I am a very conservative driver always keeping the air pressure at 30psi on all 4 tires and have never done burnouts or excessive braking. After just one year and 13,000 miles, I had to replace all 4 tires as they were very worn out.

After having a 2009 Coupe before this where I got a little over 34,000 miles on the original tires, I thought this was quite odd to have to replace them this soon ($2200) as my driving habits have not changed from that car to this one.

My question is, has anyone else had to replace their Good Year Eagle Super Car F1 EMT tires after less than 15,000 miles? I am curious how many miles you have gotten on those exact same Good Year tires before you had to replace them.
So your 2009 Coupe tire costs were about $0.04/mile and your Grand Sport tire costs are about $0.17/mile, or roughly four times more, and your tire replacement costs per mile now equal your gasoline consumption costs per mile. Intresting.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:51 PM
TonyC6Go
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AORoads
You need to be on this forum more frequently since you joined years ago. This subject has been discussed extensively. Plus, you are most likely talking about two different models of tires which cost significantly different amounts.
Before posting this question, and having used this site quite a bit, I did a search for many key words in hopes of finding a previous thread on this before posting something that has been posted many times, but I was getting 20+ pages of posts related to words such as "Good Year", "Miles on Good Year tires", "worn out Good Year Tires". So I decided to give it a shot, knowing that somewhere out there, are possibly many previous posts that I can reference. If you would be so kind to provide some links to previous posts, that would be great.

Again, I am only interested in hearing about your experiences with this particular Good Year Tire; I don't want to hear about Michelin, or Non SuperCar F1 Good Year tires.

Thank you.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:54 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

11,500 on mine, right side ones. Replaced with Michelin Super Sports.

I had an 08 non Z51, 26k on fronts, replaced backs at same time but they still had decent tread left.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:05 PM
festone
Instructor

9800 miles on a 2010 GS vert and they are basically shot. Some tread in the fronts - wear bars in the back - alignment is good. Like the OP I drive conservatively.

Michelin Super Sports (non-RF) are next.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:37 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

I got around 20K out of my front SuperCars but that was pushing it. When I replaced them they were in rough shape. Interestingly, my rears have 30K on them and they look like I could probably get another 5K out of them if I'm careful. My experience with the SuperCars is definitely not typical, though. I probably drive the car much more conservatively than most. The 13K that you reported is much more typical of what others here have experienced. As for the huge difference in tire life between the two cars, you don't state whether or not the 2009 coupe was Z51-equipped but I'd guess not. Non-Z51s didn't come with SuperCars and as such, their tire life was considerably longer.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:42 PM
dariodelconte
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

1100mi, no burnouts, sold them and the guy swore they were much more in use!
Old 10-31-2012, 10:37 PM
keith5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

11K miles on my '06 Z51 vert. No burn outs. Replaced with Kumho's
(non run flats). They have been great tires. Now at 21K and
tires have 3/4 tread left. GY EMT Super Car tires - over priced, over rated, over
promised, under delivered.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:44 PM
RedRider1
Pro

I have noticed by reading the forum that GS tires seem to wear out premature. Don't know why?
Old 10-31-2012, 10:45 PM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 347 Likes on 223 Posts

Judging from many previous posts on this subject 13,000 miles is good wear with the factory alignment. Those who have realigned to the Pfadt "street" specs seem to be getting into the 15,000 mile and up range. The GS was designed with a suspension and tires that sacrificed tire wear and comfort for grip.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:21 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by RedRider1
I have noticed by reading the forum that GS tires seem to wear out premature. Don't know why?
They don't last as long as the tires on base coupes and convertibles because they're made of a softer rubber compound.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:38 PM
grayline
Racer

Originally Posted by RedRider1
Funny when we purchased our GS it had roughly 17,000 mi.and it had supercar f1 run flats on it . In order for them to continue the warranty thru GM after it was resold thru them they had to install new Factory tires on it before they could sell it with a continuing factory warranty.they told us no they had to put back what was factory when it was new...at 17,000 mi. These tires were in the wear bars bad. I wont be putting these back on at all rough riding just turning in my driveway slightly leaves black marks.which screams Cheap.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:40 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,490 Likes on 1,951 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Before posting this question, and having used this site quite a bit, I did a search for many key words in hopes of finding a previous thread on this before posting something that has been posted many times, but I was getting 20+ pages of posts related to words such as "Good Year", "Miles on Good Year tires", "worn out Good Year Tires". So I decided to give it a shot, knowing that somewhere out there, are possibly many previous posts that I can reference. If you would be so kind to provide some links to previous posts, that would be great.

Again, I am only interested in hearing about your experiences with this particular Good Year Tire; I don't want to hear about Michelin, or Non SuperCar F1 Good Year tires.

Thank you.
Note below (a small thing that computer search may have picked up; I changed both the spelling of Good Year to Goodyear and Super Car to one word w/o caps, too).

I also only searched in C6 Gen, altho there are numerous posts in Tech, too. There's also some discussion in stickys above C6 Gen under FAQ.

My experience is about 16K miles max with rear tires and approx. 21K miles with front tires.

"Goodyear
Eagle Supercar F1 EMT

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...eage-09-a.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...e-mileage.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...ear-tires.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...ad-rating.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...lats-last.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...z51-tires.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...-16-462-a.html

Last edited by AORoads; 10-31-2012 at 11:43 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:41 AM
cadguymark
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

the tires that come on a base Vette will last about 30,000 miles give or take 5K

the tires on your GS will only last 15K, give or take 4K, they are a much softer rubber and built for performance, you cannot have both

people think the Supercar tires are crap, but it is relative, people are used to getting 30-40K out of their tires and they get a high performance car with high performance tires, you gotta give something up for that performance, I got 18K out of mine, but cord was showing on the inside, toe was a bit off

Last edited by cadguymark; 11-01-2012 at 12:44 AM.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:58 AM
DJackman
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts

15k tops for me

Get notified of new replies

To How many miles have you gotten on your Goodyear SuperCar Tires

Old 11-01-2012, 06:17 AM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
They don't last as long as the tires on base coupes and convertibles because they're made of a softer rubber compound.

A lot of GS owners here just can't get this through their heads,if they did there would be a lot less threads about GS tire wear.

Seems most GS owners here didn't do their homework before buying their cars otherwise they would have known the tires would need replacing more often because of the softer compound.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:05 AM
jrrjbl
Instructor

On 3rd set of tires on my 11GS at 5200 miles. First set went because they were unable to be balanced properly, out of spec for road force. Second set went because the dealer didn't know how to align the car properly.

So at 5200 miles my Goodyears or Good Year are like new.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:16 AM
CasualGuy
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

13,500 on mine and the fronts are down to the wear bars.

Quick Reply: How many miles have you gotten on your Goodyear SuperCar Tires