C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full boltons + cam

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 12:23 PM
Zo6 Lover
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full boltons + cam

Hello there..

time to mod the vette.. 2007 LS2 A6 ..

going to make it full boltons .. but im also considering adding a cam

Any suggestions? and what do I need to do .. whats the best cam u guys see .. im looking for a very good one..

thanks
Old 10-30-2012, 02:26 PM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

If your going to a bigger cam. Then why do tge whole top end? Cam and lifters ,ported heads, intake,fuel injectors,CAI, headers, high flo cats.ported TB. and a good tune to make it all work. Or just bolt on a supercharger and tune it.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:27 PM
JLMounce
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's really no such thing as a "good cam." You need to determine what it is you're going to be doing with the car and select a cam profile that is optimized for that.

Just simply saying "x cam is a good one" will probably put you in a situation where your car doesn't perform how you wanted.

Some cams create lots of real peaky power that dulls throttle response. Others create lots of torque, while others fall in between that.

If you're seriously considering doing a cam, you need to contact an expert that deals with them. But before that you need to know what you're putting on the car and what it's intent is. Without that information, you might end up picking a cam that is completely wrong for your application.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:32 PM
Zo6 Lover
Instructor

I have LG headers ,xpipe, halltech filter,pulley and corsa catback

I think all i need now is a cam .. but im just a beginner when it becomes to Cams
Old 10-30-2012, 06:15 PM
JLMounce
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zo6 Lover
I have LG headers ,xpipe, halltech filter,pulley and corsa catback

I think all i need now is a cam .. but im just a beginner when it becomes to Cams
Which is why you should be making a call to a reputable builder/tuner. They'll help you make the best purchase for you.

Sure there's members here than can rattle off a list of cams for you that will pretty much all make some more power for you. But the question is how do you want the car to perform?

Do you care of driveability and mileage. Do you have an auto or a manual. If you have an auto, does it have the standard converter or aftermarket. Do you cruise the car or race it? If it's raced, are you drag racing, road racing auto crossing or doing land speed events?

Here's an example. I watched a good friend of mine purchase some top end goodies for his 5.0 Mustang GT years ago. He piece-milled this stuff together based on the deals he could get. So he ended up with some aluminum GT40 heads, a Trick Flow R upper and lower intake and a comp cams X series hydrolic roller camshaft. Then he sourced some off-brand 1.6 ratio roller rockers. He put about $5000.00 in to it all said and done.

What he ended up with was a car that made about 40 more hp at the wheels then it previously did. The caveat being that the extra power was so peaky and high up in the rev range that he actually made the car slower in 90% of the driving he did with it.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:50 PM
Zo6 Lover
Instructor

thanks man .. ill see how it goes, appreciate it

Get notified of new replies

To Full boltons + cam

Quick Reply: Full boltons + cam