C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People **Against** winter storage....

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 02:04 AM
TKgs2010
Le Mans Master

Received 406 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by C6RaceCar
In your case, then I see it completely. But atleast have it on standby if we get a mild one.
I would, but in NY collision insurance is required and expensive, the only way to remove collision is to turn in the plates. really, even in an "easy" winter there just aren't enough good days to justify leaving the plates on, and these big tires and cold temps don't mix very well, especially with salt dust you can actually taste on the roads. Besides, it's good to have something to look forward to in the spring!
Old 10-28-2012, 02:19 AM
duramaxsky
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Attle
I agree, who cares what people want to do with their cars. Their business. Still, it is quite amusing to follow the thread over a cup of coffee on a cold, rainy day in Seattle. No Corvetting for me today, ULGH!

I do plan to go into the garage a few times and look at it today. I hope you are all laughing!
I drove my C5 down to Griots today. Now it needs to be washed. I should have taken the truck or Michelle's Malibu. But after the great summer we have had the 2 weeks of rain made me miss the Vette's.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:11 PM
canandy2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Don-Vette
This is why......

Nuff said.
Im with you on this one Don Vette....Vette takes a nap in the winter... Isleview?
Old 10-28-2012, 12:31 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,897 Likes on 1,915 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

I drive year round here in TX. But every so often them darn yanks send us some of their winter.

Wont drive in this!!!

Old 10-28-2012, 12:39 PM
spicytuna
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wayback
I drive year round here in TX. But every so often them darn yanks send us some of their winter.

Wont drive in this!!!

[URL=""]
Can't blame you for not driving in that. The ice looks too thin to support your car.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:45 PM
shaimerej
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm not against it at all! I believe people should do what they feel comfortable with! Personally, I am not afraid of a little salt, sand or moisture. Proper planning and driving goes a long ways! These cars are wonderfully engineered! I haven't had any problems with them in less than perfect weather; especially with studded winter tires.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:52 PM
spicytuna
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Does anyone know if they make lift kits for the C6 Z06? If I can lift my car maybe 6" to 8", I think I'd be able to drive it through the winter up here.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:11 PM
thirtythird
Burning Brakes

Received 158 Likes on 100 Posts

For those that don't understand why people choose to store: chill.

Your decision on what to do with your property is in no way invalidated by what others do. It's going to be OK.

Now for me, I like to hand wash my car. Not sure about how many people run it through car washes, though.

It's no fun trying to hand car wash it when the temp is below freezing out there.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:13 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,254 Likes on 708 Posts

Originally Posted by spicytuna
Does anyone know if they make lift kits for the C6 Z06? If I can lift my car maybe 6" to 8", I think I'd be able to drive it through the winter up here.
Why stop there..... add all wheel drive.

Quick Reply: People **Against** winter storage....