C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rigged Car show in San Antonio tx, Sad..

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 12:19 PM
SolidlyStated
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Ibtl
Old 10-22-2012, 12:24 PM
DUMAN
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

loving the green!
Old 10-22-2012, 12:36 PM
jpee
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm going to be 70 in 2 weeks, & have been "into" cars all my life... that being said, I've only entered ONE car show in my life (did not place) That is only one of the many reasons I have been "Drag Racing" since 1963 !

There can be "NO FIXING" of a race.. it all done by electronics that time your run to the 4th decimal point (.0001)

So I can be racing vs the track owner, & if he can't cut a better light than me, and/or run closer to his "Dial In" I WILL WIN !

Personalities, and "connections" have nothing to do with winners & losers.. I know how the OP feels, as many people told me my car should have been in the top 3 at least many yrs ago when I entered my one & only car show..

& for WHAT.. to win a $5 trophy Now if I win (& I do on occasion) it pays $$$ from $500 up to $2500 depending on the entry fee and class....

I refuse to even go to look at a car show ... knowing how much "politics" are involved !!
Old 10-22-2012, 12:43 PM
DAFFYDRUNK
Melting Slicks

Received 289 Likes on 238 Posts

I agree. It's a little insulting when the same guys win every time. Only reason I do car shows is to hang out. I could give a crap if I won anything.

Anyway... For those with a competitive streak:
Take lemons and make lemonade. I went around at one show and collected people's unused ballots. Most people could give a crap and will hand em right over. Then I cast a boatload of votes for the the guy next to my brother's car that I just met. The guy got runner up or something which was good for a free shirt or something. The perennial winner was still more organized and won once again.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:45 PM
o_town_racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rgauchey
You didn't loose to a stock car. Unless, you entered it in the stock class. Yours should have been entered in the modified class. You have to pay attention to what class your entering in or you've lost before it started.
I agree - you can't compare apples and oranges - stock vs modded. Normally the judging in a stock class will be detrimental to a heavily modded car because it is judging appearance of "stock" items. Make sure you don't waste your money entering shows that don't have the appropriate classes. The peoples choice shows tend to favor modded cars.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:00 PM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by indy 28
Quit your whining, you guys are just like litte tittie babies. Your cars are far from ever being winners in a judged show, but I was there and I know your cars don't deserve to win. I give you props for spending money on aftermarket goodies but you need to do more. Your engine bays were filthy, carpet ragged and torn, windows, dash and wheels dirty. Paint full of swirl marks. Your cars only look good from 10 feet away, but from 1 foot away you get whacked by the flaws and dirt.
So you say a stock Corvette should win a show?
Old 10-22-2012, 01:00 PM
Don 79 TA
Burning Brakes

well since we've been in the car scene since (well lets not go there LOL)
I personally have never gotten into the Judging stuff, so we avoid those events

Personally i don't need to spend 100K to get a what $5 walmart trophy

I just enjoy cars and with this sport there are many ways to do that, and to each his own

From shows i have seen that are judged, yeah... it's a click thing so to speak
your in... you win

also what i dont get are shows where you charge someone to enter, and charge people to see.... Hmmmmmnnnnn

and charity things... well since we've been burned by them in the past, its something we avoid too
gotta admit the one that pisses us off the most is the stupid breast cancer pink ribbon crap...... if you want to donate... donate to a real hospital or to the Red Cross
most of these other things as money making wasters.... trust me... with the wife in the field... hardly anything goes towards the "real" cause
but hey... i guess you gotta admit that pink ribbon/bow crap plays on peoples hearts/emotions and seems to work for them
Old 10-22-2012, 01:06 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 822 Likes on 391 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by Never-Enough
I am not trying to answer you the post you are referring to, but spending a lot of money on engine dress up and fancy paint does not make one car better then the other. You can spend all the money in the world, but if your car is nor clean and the paint is a mess, then yes a super clean well polished stock Corvette will beat a modified one every time.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:21 PM
FiremanC7
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

This is why our local club judges member cars separately. An outsider always wins!
BobD
Old 10-22-2012, 01:22 PM
JSB LS3
Melting Slicks

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts

This guy is either....

A) 14 years old or
B) One of the guys who brought a showroom stock C6 to a car show and won a trophy under questionable circumstances.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:28 PM
vette4lyn
Drifting

Received 664 Likes on 522 Posts

Default Prescott, Arizona Corvette Show

If you want to see how a first class 250 All Corvette Car Show should be run...

Click here: http://www.prescottvettesette.org/carshow.htm

In Prescott, Arizona on Sept 29th, this was our 6th year and we get nothing but kudos about how well run our show is every year. We get entrants from all over the country including Canada. We are limited to 250 corvettes and each one of the entrants vote on the corvettes. It is all fair and square... No rigging involved! Out of 46 trophies, we had two winners from our club.

Please enjoy our Car Show photos!
Old 10-22-2012, 01:28 PM
su8pack1
Team Owner

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

The best shows are the ones with no judging.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:34 PM
4GS7
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 78 Posts

Entering car shows is good for one thing and one thing only. Premium parking for when you want to go see a car show.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:38 PM
08VRZ06
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran

Our Vette club does an All Corvette show every year and uses independant judges and when they couldn't use independant judges, members Corvettes could be displayed at the show but could not be judged!!

Mark
Old 10-22-2012, 01:57 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 822 Likes on 391 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

The club I belong to just had our 15th annual show. No club members car are entered into the show and it is members that judge the cars.
We have a clinic for new judges a few weeks prior to the show, We have a lead judge that holds a meeting about a half hour prior to judging.
We also classify the cars as they arrive as to if they are stock, modified or custom. This way there is no issue with someone that has dressed up the interior and engine bay going against a 100% stock Corvette, or someone that has a nicely modified street car going up against a full blown custom.
After each show, we send out an e-mail to all those that were in the show looking for feed back so we can correct issues for the next show. Very seldom do we get any complaints about the judging. Oh sure every once in a while there will be someone that is unhappy. We make the judging sheets available to anyone that wants theirs.
We normally will have well over 100 cars each year, so we must be doing something right.
Remember always look at the show flyer, see if it is a judged show and that the club that is putting it on does not allow their club members to enter. Also check to see how the cl;asses are established. We had 10 classes. C1, C2, C3, C4, C5A and C5B C6A and C6B as well as a modified and a custom class.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:07 PM
shawn672
Burning Brakes

FYI the green car is hideous. The orange car though is gorgeous. Here's my 2cents
Old 10-22-2012, 02:18 PM
cnov130
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Never-Enough
Im glad you got to this guy before I did. "INDY 28" Guess he deleted his post realizing hes a IDIOT! ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT RUIN THE FUN FOR THE REST OF US!

My car was not as good as a stock c6 vert? no sir. My car has a paint job by IMO one of the best painters in the area. 3 months of HARD WORK went into my build. You dont like the color I chose thats fine. But to sit here and say that stuff about my car im sorry your a MORON! I wouldnt be upset loosing to WORTHY competitors, but to loose to someone that just bought a vet and drove it to a car show is WRONG. NO taste, No Style, No uniquness, just plain old BORING

My car is a garage queen. The paint is PERFECT Better then condition then those stock vets that won. my interior wasnt clean? I have 2012 cential edition steering wheel, shifter boot, Lyods floor mats, Custom double din screen and a beautiful stereo system. and my car is cleaner then any of those boring stock vets of the show room floor. and my car was cleaner then it has ever been for the show.

It dosnt matter about a damn trophy I can go buy a dozen of them and put them up on the wall. Its sad to see people Favoring there friends instead of allowing everyone to compete FAILRY!

As for modified vs stock. . There were 2 BEAUTIFUL brand new z06 vets that were in far better condition and way cleaner then those ugly vets the judges picked.

I was told there were 2 judges that either no JACK about cars, or picked there friends, Either way they picked stupidly. Car shows should pick GOOD JUDGES to make a fair choice.

Also the pace car that won was a Mustang Members "WIFES" car that won, they said they didnt allow member to compete, so he enters it under his wifes name.

I am 26, the other vets that should have won, the one pictured, and the black c6 05 with a blower and wheels, were all owned by younger people. Clear example of the older crowd upset about the younger crowd having more work into there cars.

I have not been in a car show in years, for this same reason, and I wont be doing it again. Yes my car got lots of great respect and compliments, and that is the point of having a modified vet, to enjoy yourself and to let others enjoy it as well! But to see the older UNEXPERIANCED crowd controling these things is sad, They obviously have messed up views on what is considersd "cool and special"

I could care less about the car show, Its just SAD that the car scene has come down to a bunch of people that have no REAL passion about cars, either picking there friends or do to STUPID judges.. Either way This is not a good example of a fair car show. Its whats wrong with the car scene about people that think they can go buy a STOCK vet, throw it in there garage and think they are car enthusiast. They are not.

You want to buy a vet and think you are something special,. thats fine, but stay away from the Real car show enthusiast and let us make the cars are own, Thats what a car show is really about.

Last edited by cnov130; 10-22-2012 at 02:59 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Rigged Car show in San Antonio tx, Sad..

Old 10-22-2012, 02:21 PM
PlanetZoom
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '12

Nice pics!
Old 10-22-2012, 02:25 PM
cnov130
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont expect everyone to agree with me. Im sure that alot of the people that were part of this sad Judging post on here. I also asume there are alot more of these kind of situations. To clarifiy there was only one class for the vets. 97+ . THATS IT. No modified class. The problem is that these Judges actually think that a stock vert is better then some of the other choices out there. Its not about how clean they were, i saw lots of imperfections on the winning cars. The 2012 z06 ect was far cleaner then the winners. it was Simply a Rigged result of picking there friends cars over the ones that they knew were better.

This is whats wrong with people these days. No morals, no care of whats right and wrong. Just do what they want and dont care about the other people that worked hard to have a fair shot.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:32 PM
FRChilln
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Haha wow! You mean I could of rolled in with a Hertz vette and bagged myself a "Best of Show".

Quick Reply: Rigged Car show in San Antonio tx, Sad..