C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

the aux trashed my rear speakers

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 12:53 PM
CorvetteGerard
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

Default the aux trashed my rear speakers

hey guys, last night I plugged in my iPod to the aux and all I heard was static...next thing you know my two rear speakers are blown..not blown bad but blown to the point where no bass is hitting in the trunk....car has 2200 miles..

I have the non-Bose speakers..maybe I should've gotten the Bose......Does anybody offer a rear speaker replacement kit? i'm already about to buy the 79$ speaker upgrade I've seen on this forum..does anybody offer a rear speaker upgrade?

I had this same problem in my 2007 bmw 750li..whenever I hooked something up to the AUX it basically burned the amp up and caused it to be replaced in order for the speakers to sound right. I don't think the Corvette's sound system is as advanced so in this case i'm banking on the speakers.

Gotta have my sound right in the vette..

Last edited by CorvetteGerard; 10-18-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:26 PM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,084 Likes on 656 Posts

I was considering the $79 forum vendor special, but after asking Dennis about them, it would not really give me what I was looking for.

So instead, I ordered a cheap set of 5 1/4" Pyle 3-way speakers on Amazon with a pair of Metra GM speaker coverter wires for like $29 shipped for both and they installed with absolutely no modifications at all. They were slightly better than the stock speakers and seemed to clean up the sound a bit. For $29 I did not go wrong. It is not a great improvement but did not cost $1000 either.

PS - I would be happy to give you my old speakers as I am going to trash them, but they are not worth the cost of shipping IMHO.

Last edited by Flame Red; 10-18-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:12 PM
DSOMC6
Le Mans Master

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts

I purchased the $79 kicker front/rear speaker upgrade from Dennis (until I decide to upgrade entire system later). It is a vast improvement over the stock Blose speakers and worth the money.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:32 PM
ButWhatDoIKnow
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Since the music files are stored on an iPod as compressed data, your system may reveal some weaknesses in sound quality. Don't waste your money on expensive speakers & amps. The iPod is not going to sound right over a high-end system. The sound quality leaves much to be desired when connected to a good sound system.

Get notified of new replies

To the aux trashed my rear speakers

Quick Reply: the aux trashed my rear speakers