C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you like your EFORCE supercharger?

Old 10-06-2012, 10:18 AM
RainMan12
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 15 Posts
Default How do you like your EFORCE supercharger?

For those guys who have installed the Edelbrock EFORCE supercharger and had it a while now, I'm curious how you like it.

If you had it to do all over again, would you still do it?

Do you find it hard to keep from spinning the rear tires now, and do you have to buy new tires more often?

All things considered, do you feel like this much power in the car is overkill, or are you able to actually take advantage of it in and find it useful. Or is it just a "bragging rights" thing that in reality you can't really use on the street.

I'm considering getting one, but I wonder if it will just make the car harder to drive and cost me more money in tires. My car is basically a daily driver, and I'm wondering if I'd regret putting this on it a year or so later and wished I'd left it stock.

So waddya say, after having one on your car for a while, are you still glad you did it?
Old 10-06-2012, 11:27 AM
ButWhatDoIKnow
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 10-06-2012, 04:22 PM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Received 154 Likes on 133 Posts

I would also post in the forced induction section, you may get more responses.

I rode with a friend from here with his (he lives near Orlando), and it drove absolutely like ours until he romped it. You could feel the difference in power for sure.

It was not crazy spinning though either.

If I had the money to spare, I would have some system on mine.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Zap City
Melting Slicks

Received 187 Likes on 123 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I hope to let you know in a month or so. Its a badass blower fo sho.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:34 PM
GotVett?
Race Director

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Know a couple of friends here that installed it. They love it by all accounts. And I'm planning on probably getting one also but that involves more than just the blower (i.e. wheel/tires. w/b, etc.) and don't have the 11k+- at the moment.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:11 PM
tloon
Burning Brakes

Received 273 Likes on 135 Posts

I have it on my '10 GS A6, installed in May of this year, and it is incredible. Not my daily driver though. It is a breeze to drive. Love the low end torque, and a little of that blower whine at normal speed, until you get into it and all hell breaks loose. Pop he hood at the local cruise in and people are all over it. Took it to Carlisle from Mass in August, and it was as well behaved and easy to drive as if it was stock. It is a lot of fun.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Mixedup
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Default Eforce

Drives like stock until you put you foot into it .... then

Mine's not a DD, but if you can keep you foot out of it , big if, your mileage shouldn't suffer.

I am NOT a track guy, only street driven, that's why I went with the Eforce - the low end torque is amazing.

VERY happy with the kit's fit and finish too.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:50 PM
Salt
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I too am interested, I spoke to an owner I met who happened to be shopping in my store one day, he said he recently installed the E Force, I noticed his eyes lit up as he was describing his ride such as, " It's like driving on ice!" WOweee, kinda scarey, he's from Alberta never got his name but he was wearing the original corvette owners t-shirt with the Jetstream Blue car on the front..since then I can't stop thinking, " What if ?"
Old 10-06-2012, 10:16 PM
Eritosthenes
Melting Slicks

Received 129 Likes on 95 Posts

Chuck/CoW installed an E-Force supercharger on my 07 A6 DD, Red, in mid-July. Red has the original stock exhaust, which in a small way limited Chuck's ability to tune it to its maximum HP potential. During the installation he updated my A6 tune and installed his CoW/Booster. Still on back-order is an AutoCAL device that will allow Chuck to make fine tuning adjustments via e-mail.

We made no dyno runs, so I have no hard numbers to pass along. The installation is Chuck's custom tuned version of Edelbrock's 1594 600hp kit. Chuck spent hours with a broadband sensor tweaking the air/fuel numbers until they were perfect from idle to redline. With headers Chuck probably could have gotten more than the advertised 600hp, but I insisted on keeping the stock exhaust. Drivability and longevity were more important.

Can I light up the rear tires at will? Absolutely, and with CoW/Booster I've had to do some major retraining of my right foot. I've also gotten used to using S mode and paddles a lot more than I used to. Chuck cautioned me about nailing the throttle on the interstate while in D, noting that the A6 would probably downshift from 6th to 3rd and smoke the tires in a blink. I now pre-plan those moves, so I'm already in 3rd gear before pressing down on the throttle. That way I'm past whatever was in front of me in a flash with a huge grin on my face and no loss of control.

Fuel mileage is almost exactly what it was before the supercharger was installed. Chuck says the wider the throttle, the freer the overall flow will be and the better the mileage I'll get. I got an indicated 29.3 mpg on the trip from St. Louis to Ossining NY, and an indicated 37.7 mpg on the trip home. That's gotta be wrong. The tune probably needs to include the new injectors.

I was somewhat concerned about Red possibly overheating during the 100+ heat wave in July and August. Chuck changed the programming to turn on the radiator fan a bit earlier than before. Now in heavy stop & go freeway traffic the coolant temps have crept up to 220, but no farther. Most of the time they're quite stable at 185.

One unanticipated problem turned out to be the 90+ pounds of the supercharger kit. The added weight lowered the front about 3/4" and I found the front air dam was scraping about twice as often as before. I thought my dealership could adjust the bolts on the front leaf spring to restore the original drive height, but after six years those bolts are seized. They couldn't apply heat to loosen them because that leaf spring is fiberglass. A new one costs $440 and has to be shipped from Lansing, MI.

Other than that, I'm extremely pleased with the result. Chuck and I have some additional interactive tuning to do using the AutoCAL device to recalibrate the DIC fuel consumption readouts and maybe soften the CoW/Booster a bit. In the mean time my DD is what amounts to a convertible ZR1 with an automatic transmission. With no badges or other visual cues it's the ultimate "sleeper".
Old 10-06-2012, 10:37 PM
Mixedup
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Default gotta love Chuck ..

Originally Posted by Eritosthenes
Chuck/CoW installed an E-Force supercharger on my 07 A6 DD, Red, in mid-July. Red has the original stock exhaust, which in a small way limited Chuck's ability to tune it to its maximum HP potential. During the installation he updated my A6 tune and installed his CoW/Booster. Still on back-order is an AutoCAL device that will allow Chuck to make fine tuning adjustments via e-mail.

We made no dyno runs, so I have no hard numbers to pass along. The installation is Chuck's custom tuned version of Edelbrock's 1594 600hp kit. Chuck spent hours with a broadband sensor tweaking the air/fuel numbers until they were perfect from idle to redline. With headers Chuck probably could have gotten more than the advertised 600hp, but I insisted on keeping the stock exhaust. Drivability and longevity were more important.

Can I light up the rear tires at will? Absolutely, and with CoW/Booster I've had to do some major retraining of my right foot. I've also gotten used to using S mode and paddles a lot more than I used to. Chuck cautioned me about nailing the throttle on the interstate while in D, noting that the A6 would probably downshift from 6th to 3rd and smoke the tires in a blink. I now pre-plan those moves, so I'm already in 3rd gear before pressing down on the throttle. That way I'm past whatever was in front of me in a flash with a huge grin on my face and no loss of control.

Fuel mileage is almost exactly what it was before the supercharger was installed. Chuck says the wider the throttle, the freer the overall flow will be and the better the mileage I'll get. I got an indicated 29.3 mpg on the trip from St. Louis to Ossining NY, and an indicated 37.7 mpg on the trip home. That's gotta be wrong. The tune probably needs to include the new injectors.

I was somewhat concerned about Red possibly overheating during the 100+ heat wave in July and August. Chuck changed the programming to turn on the radiator fan a bit earlier than before. Now in heavy stop & go freeway traffic the coolant temps have crept up to 220, but no farther. Most of the time they're quite stable at 185.

One unanticipated problem turned out to be the 90+ pounds of the supercharger kit. The added weight lowered the front about 3/4" and I found the front air dam was scraping about twice as often as before. I thought my dealership could adjust the bolts on the front leaf spring to restore the original drive height, but after six years those bolts are seized. They couldn't apply heat to loosen them because that leaf spring is fiberglass. A new one costs $440 and has to be shipped from Lansing, MI.

Other than that, I'm extremely pleased with the result. Chuck and I have some additional interactive tuning to do using the AutoCAL device to recalibrate the DIC fuel consumption readouts and maybe soften the CoW/Booster a bit. In the mean time my DD is what amounts to a convertible ZR1 with an automatic transmission. With no badges or other visual cues it's the ultimate "sleeper".
While Chuck did not install my EForce, I DO have his tune and CowBooster - along with Autocal and his lifetime tunes updates - may take a bit - but Chuck DOES make your Vette rock!!!!

Get notified of new replies

To How do you like your EFORCE supercharger?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How do you like your EFORCE supercharger?