C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering purchase from non-local dealer...

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 10:50 PM
BayouCountry
Race Director

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

I drove four hours to a dealer that had the car I wanted at a price I was willing to pay. I had some bad experiences with local dealers so I was willing to take a little trip. It sure was fun driving back in a new vette!
Old 10-05-2012, 11:38 PM
Sick
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I contacted Tommy Jr earlier today and he was amazing. I got all my questions answered, he positioned to me a killer deal, and I know I will be doing business with him shortly. He explained the whole process and made me feel so relieved by answering all my questions. Strongly suggest contacting him.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:18 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

in that case, no, you don't have to personally go see the car if it's brand new (altho that surely can't hurt). as to distant dealer purchase, no, I didn't but with my museum delivery, dealer never actually touched the car either (instead, the best preparation team in the country did---the museum staff).

as to shipping, some of the biggest and best shippers are also the oldest like Forum vendor (discount to CF members) Intercity. non forum vendors like Horseless CArriage and Plycar seem to have a good reputation, too. depending on when the car actually gets done and ready for you, that becomes a tricky thing to drive it back, or have it shipped (snow I think yesterday in Minnesota, and not just a dusting).

as to museum delivery w/o plant tour, I'd say no, go without museum delivery if you can't get it with plant tour. plant tour is at least 1/2, if not more, of the reason to have museum delivery and to get "the full experience". jmo, but I don't see much disagreement as many have struggled recently to make sure they got in under the wire to get a museum delivery with a plant tour.

finally, welcome and good luck!
Old 10-06-2012, 08:10 AM
SK360
Melting Slicks

Received 241 Likes on 146 Posts

I bought my 2008 from a ford dealer in Michigan. They do a high volume of used sports cars and said they will pick up 10 vettes at a time from auction.

Worked out the deal, financing and my trade figures via email, drove my G8 GT up there (360 miles one way), test drove the corvette and was driving it home within an hour. No problems!
Old 10-06-2012, 12:07 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

I've had 3 brand new vettes...I've never bought locally...I always pick them up though as the drive home is an experience that I always thoughly enjoy...

Having them delivered is cool too...I just like the journey home after signing the papes and getting treated like royalty...

Kerbeck is about 4 hours away...from me and I used them on my last purchase...

Wonderful people to deal with.

Dave made it a very pleasant buying experience.

Good luck and have fun.

Nowadays..most of my friends lease their daily driver cars from companies on line (IE: legend leasing) and they deliever the cars to peoples homes....They always rave about the experience so having the car delivered is not an event as long as your purchasing from a forum vendor ....

Satisfaction is their goal and they deliver...
Old 10-07-2012, 02:54 PM
sprta
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

Bought my first corvette this past Saturday from Kerbeck never even drove one before but what the neck I always wanted one and I decided to go fo it. Everything was done remotely in a totally professional manner (they know how to do these type remote deals) and I even got to do the toys for tots run....was nice the AC expressway was pretty much all corvettes for the first few miles and a few hundred vettes tooling down the expressway was a great way to get started. Best car decision I ever made got a great price on the car I wanted.

Quick Reply: Considering purchase from non-local dealer...