C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory Nav/ Radio, XM button disapeared

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 12:44 PM
NW94Z
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Factory Nav/ Radio, XM button disapeared

Yesterday I plugged in my iPod to my PAL cable to listen to listen to music and the XM button on the radio display disappeared. I thought maybe it was a glitch and the next time i cycled the car on and off it would come back on. Well no luck. Cycled the car on and off a few times since then with the iPod unhooked and hooked up at start up but the XM button is still missing. Without it I can't get the PAL to access the iPod The XM button has been replaced with FM2. So I have an FM1 and FM2 button.

Any ideas? Is there a way to reset the head unit and get it to boot up from scratch? Do I have to disconnect the battery to achieve the same results?
Old 10-05-2012, 01:21 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

This can happen sometimes with or without the PAL. It happens with my PAL (version 1). In my case, generally a new ignition cycle and all is well again.

For just XM You can also check the connection at the XM module. If it is a coupe, it is above the driver's side wheel well behind the carpet. Pull out the module and unplug and replug each connection point and I suspect that you will be back to normal. It isn't likely a head unit issue. The head unit is only looking for presence of a signal from the XM module. In it's absence, it defaults to FM1 and FM2 instead of an XM button.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:51 PM
NW94Z
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by talon90
This can happen sometimes with or without the PAL. It happens with my PAL (version 1). In my case, generally a new ignition cycle and all is well again.

For just XM You can also check the connection at the XM module. If it is a coupe, it is above the driver's side wheel well behind the carpet. Pull out the module and unplug and replug each connection point and I suspect that you will be back to normal. It isn't likely a head unit issue. The head unit is only looking for presence of a signal from the XM module. In it's absence, it defaults to FM1 and FM2 instead of an XM button.
Thanks. Ignition cycling hasn't worked so I'll try the XM module next.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:33 PM
spdkilz911
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

This happened to me last week. I had the PAL II installed a month ago. Pull the radio fuse and put it back in and it and it reappears. It happened again a couple days ago. The fuse trick worked but I'm not interested in doing that every couple of days. I read while trying to figure it out that if you push the buttons too fast it can lose the signal?? I started going back to the radio before shutting off the car. I'll see if that makes any difference.

Last edited by spdkilz911; 10-05-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:44 PM
RicemanZ06
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Contact Ray Kawal, the new version that recently came out had a glitch that makes the xm button disappear.i don't know what version is yours.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:48 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Press the radio on/off button several times fast.If that doesn't help unplug the xm module for a few seconds and that should do it.If that fails,however,buy a new VETTE!!
Old 10-06-2012, 01:02 PM
spdkilz911
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by RicemanZ06
Contact Ray Kawal, the new version that recently came out had a glitch that makes the xm button disappear.i don't know what version is yours.
Thanks, I have the new version. I talked to Ray before I installed it, asking a few different questions. I'll email him to see about the disapperaring button.

Get notified of new replies

To Factory Nav/ Radio, XM button disapeared

Quick Reply: Factory Nav/ Radio, XM button disapeared