C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

incentives and museum delivery???

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 08:55 PM
vindicator
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default incentives and museum delivery???

This week, I had planned to order a new vette with museum delivery .
My dealer says only the incentives in existence at time of delivery will apply. So if delivery is made in Dec, the 3K discount for current owners may no longer apply as well at the current 1500 dollar dealer rebate.
IE. if I order now i may or may not get up to 4500 discount. Is this correct info?? Sounds like a $4500 gamble to me to order a car vs buy from dealer stock. Just want to make sure I have got the facts right. Thanks all, John
Old 09-29-2012, 09:00 PM
Classic-Chevy-Guy
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 273 Likes on 161 Posts

I think that this is correct.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:04 PM
LooseScrew
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Classic-Chevy-Guy
Just had that very question answered today from MacMulkin.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:18 PM
vindicator
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks guys, Just want to deal with the facts. John
Old 09-29-2012, 09:50 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

When I bought mine in 05 there were no incentives. The day I picked it up at the museum a $1500 cash back was announced. I got a check a few weeks later. I guess it works both ways.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:35 PM
Allan
Race Director

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by vindicator
My dealer says only the incentives in existence at time of delivery will apply. So if delivery is made in Dec, the 3K discount for current owners may no longer apply as well at the current 1500 dollar dealer rebate.
IE. if I order now i may or may not get up to 4500 discount. Is this correct info?? Sounds like a $4500 gamble to me to order a car vs buy from dealer stock. Just want to make sure I have got the facts right. Thanks all, John

What dealer please.

If this is the case, I have a couple $$ owed to me.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:58 PM
GrayC5
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Allan
More info please.

See Ken Fitchner's newsletter at following link:

Confirmed - New Incentives thru 10/31/12
Old 09-30-2012, 12:26 AM
XX
XX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

9/24/12 I wanted to order one as well but even with the dealer using a allocation order that suppose to be faster would have been a risk of losing the $4500. So I just found a dealer that had one close to the options in stock at a fair price. We got $11689. off MSRP $54525. out the door price $42836 without TTL
Old 09-30-2012, 08:56 AM
tominohio
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Once the car is invoiced...Status Code 4150 you can complete your deal and the car is sold!!
Code 4150 "Invoiced to Dealer" will occur within days of Code 3800 "Vehicle Produced"
Check back with your dealer as the car doesn't need to be delivered to qualify for incentives BUT the deal must be closed after the dealer is invoiced.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:18 AM
cadguymark
Safety Car

Originally Posted by tominohio
Once the car is invoiced...Status Code 4150 you can complete your deal and the car is sold!!
Code 4150 "Invoiced to Dealer" will occur within days of Code 3800 "Vehicle Produced"
Check back with your dealer as the car doesn't need to be delivered to qualify for incentives BUT the deal must be closed after the dealer is invoiced.
could you maybe explain this again, the info I have says that if you didn't order by the first week in Sep, you wouldn't take delivery in time. but it seems like a little slight of hand would work.

the cars are held for a short time in Bowling Green after getting off the production line ( can't remember the exact amount, but i think it is weeks) are the cars invoiced to dealer a couple days after being produced, and while still held, if the dealer was paid and they in turn paid, you'd get the dealer incentive and loyalty payment? even though you haven't actually received delivery?
Old 09-30-2012, 10:34 AM
tominohio
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered a new Grand Sport Convertible on Sept 7 and it's build week is Oct 15 2013. As soon as the is built a day or to later it is invoiced to the dealer.....Status code 4150.
I will complete the paper work and take onwership of the GS at that time. Taking delivery is when "YOU" own it not when it is physically delivered......two different events.
When the car is ordered means NOTHING.....When it obtains status code 4150 means EVERYTHING with the incentives.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:47 AM
cadguymark
Safety Car

I ordered a new Grand Sport Convertible on Sept 7 and it's build week is Oct 15 2013. As soon as the is built a day or to later it is invoiced to the dealer.....Status code 4150.
I will complete the paper work and take onwership of the GS at that time. Taking delivery is when "YOU" own it not when it is physically delivered......two different events.
When the car is ordered means NOTHING.....When it obtains status code 4150 means EVERYTHING with the incentives.
thanks for the clarification

yeah, otherwise you would be cutting it pretty close if you waited until physical delivey, enjoy your car
Old 09-30-2012, 03:10 PM
GrayC5
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This is also the way my dealer explained it to me. In early February 2003, we ordered a new C5 convertible for Museum delivery. My dealer called me toward the last week in March and told me if we could close on the car by March 31 that I would qualify for an additional $1000 Chevrolet incentive. He said that our car should be built the first part of the week and that he should have the VIN and invoice within the next day or so. He went on to say that once he had the VIN and Invoice we could go ahead and close on the car. We closed the deal before the 31st and I received the extra $1000 incentive even though we did not take physical delivery of the car at the Museum until April 14.

Tom: We will be taking Museum delivery of a new 3LT Crystal Red Grand Sport Coupe on Friday, October 12. Best of luck to you and enjoy your new GS convertible!

Last edited by GrayC5; 09-30-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:23 AM
Rob 99
I'm "Apache" a psycho dog
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

So then would there still be enough time this month to get to
Code 4150 before the Oct.31 deadline?
What would be the cutoff this month to get to 4150?
Maybe the same question asked a diff way
Old 10-02-2012, 03:41 AM
3GenVettes
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Allan
What dealer please.

That would depend in part upon the structure of your contract with the dealer. They do not have any obligation to pass on incentives to you. Some are factory to dealer incentives, and it is their choice to retain them or pass them on. Some are factory to customer incentives that you have to meet the qualifications for, and apply for in a timely fashion to have them approved so that the dealer may credit them to your deal. So it is a matter of both the terms of the incentives and the terms of your contract that would determine if you might be entitled to receive anything.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:56 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,105 Likes on 718 Posts

Originally Posted by Classic-Chevy-Guy

It is correct from my past experiences. On a "SOLD" (customer ordered) vehicle, the invoice date to the dealer from GM determines whether or not the incentives apply.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:59 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,105 Likes on 718 Posts

You are essentially correct. If a customer orders a car, it is when the car is built and invoiced to the dealer. Doesn't matter exactly when the car is actually delivered.

Last edited by GOLD72; 10-02-2012 at 07:01 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To incentives and museum delivery???

Old 10-02-2012, 09:12 AM
z51vett
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 169 Posts

The only hold on the cars is if they are audited, the shipper may hold till they get a load going your way.
z51vett
Old 10-02-2012, 11:42 PM
VettininJersey
NCRS 58152 NCM Life 2626
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ???

We just bought a 2013 GS convertible. It is done and we are getting museum delivery but paid for the car last week. We got the $3000 loyalty for having a vette in the household. The dealer didn't say anything about the $1500. Can we get both? We currently own the car but haven't got it from KY yet.
Also, is this a geographical thing? Do incentives apply to certain states?

Last edited by VettininJersey; 10-02-2012 at 11:52 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:56 PM
HarleyCharley
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All of the above information is essentially correct. To try and simplify it even further.....the "delivery date" for incentive purposes occurs when (after the vehicle has been invoiced to a dealer, regardless of whether it was ordered as a sold unit or a stock unit), the vehicle is paid for in full by the customer. Physical possession is not a factor. This is GM's defination that they use to audit a dealer for incentive compliance.

Vettinjersey.....you may have received benefit from that $1500 dealer incentive if the dealer discounted the vehicle to you.

Quick Reply: incentives and museum delivery???