C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

service active handleing upon startup

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 03:03 PM
robot doctor
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default service active handleing upon startup

I am getting a service active handleing upon cold start.I can clear it by pulling over and turning off the engine and restarting. it doesn't repeat with the following start's during the day. it just started a few days ago. its a 07 vert with almost 65,000 on the odo, its a DD not a beater, and I have not done a brake job yet. I have read that the hubs have a sensor problem, but on cars with low miles.maybe flush the brake system???
Old 09-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Jimini
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Their was a recall on that problem, but I thought it was on earlier models. The fix is installation of a clip in the steering column. Had it done on my 05. Works fine now.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:02 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,369 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

The cold start part of the story is puzzling.

Flushing the brake fluid is a good idea, but probably won't do anything for the AH problem.

I'd wait until the warning comes on again, then drive someplace (dealer?) that can read the codes. Don't shut off engine until they read the code.

Hope this is easy...
Old 09-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 687 Likes on 510 Posts

robot doctor,

I'm sorry you're getting this message. Have you had your Corvette into your local Chevrolet dealership to have this issue diagnosed?

Evan, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 09-26-2012, 04:47 PM
08 ATOMIC-Z
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

They just fixed mine today it was the EBCM module that went bad. The new one was bad also so they had to get a second one fixed the problem.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Kenny94945
Le Mans Master

Received 446 Likes on 383 Posts

Well just a lead......
I recall this issue may be involved with the sensors on the steering column.
Next cold start make sure your steering wheel is centered.
Warm up the car a minute or two then start driving see if the message appears once you turn the wheels.
Of course see if you can get a code while the message appears...might help.
Else another lead ....could be the pig tail to the Hubs. Take a look for damage/ binding etc. of this wiring.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:21 PM
Tweeter
Intermediate

Originally Posted by robot doctor
I am getting a service active handleing upon cold start.I can clear it by pulling over and turning off the engine and restarting. it doesn't repeat with the following start's during the day. it just started a few days ago. its a 07 vert with almost 65,000 on the odo, its a DD not a beater, and I have not done a brake job yet. I have read that the hubs have a sensor problem, but on cars with low miles.maybe flush the brake system???
Mine is an 09 and had original battery. I just had that message and service traction control plus check brake fluid messages all appear at once. Once I turned it off and back on they went away but appeared the next time I turned it on. Brought into the dealer and they replaced the brake fluid sensor and also said I had a leak in the battery. Replaced the battery under warranty too and that took care of the problems. Service Active Handling and Service Traction Control are generally related to bad battery from what I researched and based on what the dealer did to fix the problem.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:06 PM
rob20rx7
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Having this same issue with my 09 z06. Start the car and service active handling comes on including little light. I can cycle through the options traction control off then traction control on and light goes away. Competitive driving mode no longer an option. What can this be? Dealer is lost says they can't figure it out. I did have the battery off for a while when doing my supercharger install. The issue started when I started the car for the first time afterwards.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:47 PM
rob20rx7
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Im going to try disconecting the battery and reconnecting it tomorrow. nothing else seems to make sence
Old 04-28-2015, 02:28 PM
1SickGS
Instructor

This post is 2.5 years old.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:44 PM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by rob20rx7
Im going to try disconecting the battery and reconnecting it tomorrow. nothing else seems to make sence
check the battery voltage at idle with a volt meter and also check the ground wire above the starter to make sure its tight. don't just eyeball it...put a wrench on it to ensure its tight.

Get notified of new replies

To service active handleing upon startup

Quick Reply: service active handleing upon startup