C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Programming Garage Door Openers, 2006

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 05:38 PM
FlyerVette
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johnodrake
No you will not.
Thanks John....... Appreciate the answer.......
Old 09-23-2012, 05:42 PM
GS GUY
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FlyerVette
Don't want to hijack this thread, but quick question. Have a 2013 with the 3 buttons on the visor. If I program this to open and close the garage door will I lose the operation of my old clip on and also more importantly the use of my exterior push button garage door opener?
nope
Old 09-23-2012, 06:31 PM
FlyerVette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by GS GUY
nope
Just finished...........worked like a charm.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:09 PM
Chuck Gongloff
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 565 Likes on 350 Posts

Thought I'd dot the final "i" and cross the final "t" on this thread.

Got it working.

Called HomeLink today. Had to listen to a 20 minute recorded "how to program" message till I got through to a factory rep.

Spoke with "Terrance".... nice guy, very helpful.

We went through the programming sequence again, with him on the phone "coaching" me. STILL wouldn't work.

He asked about the battery in my remote....when did I last change it.

I didn't know, as the remote works fine. It'll open the door from 200 feet away outside, and if I'm in the house, I can press the remote in my bedroom, and it'll open the garage door with the radio signal passing through 3-4 interior walls and one concrete block wall.........

BUT, he suggested a new battery. I bought one at Walgreens Pharmacy, put it in, went through the sequence, and it now works.

IIRC, Terrance told me that the battery needs about 85% "charge" for the HomeLink to take the code.

Thought I'd pass this "happy ending" along to those who posted here.

Thanks for all the input. Hope this helps someone else out there.

Chuck
Attached Images  
Old 09-24-2012, 06:21 PM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,594 Likes on 1,629 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck Gongloff
Thought I'd dot the final "i" and cross the final "t" on this thread.

Got it working.

Called HomeLink today. Had to listen to a 20 minute recorded "how to program" message till I got through to a factory rep.

Spoke with "Terrance".... nice guy, very helpful.

We went through the programming sequence again, with him on the phone "coaching" me. STILL wouldn't work.

He asked about the battery in my remote....when did I last change it.

I didn't know, as the remote works fine. It'll open the door from 200 feet away outside, and if I'm in the house, I can press the remote in my bedroom, and it'll open the garage door with the radio signal passing through 3-4 interior walls and one concrete block wall.........

BUT, he suggested a new battery. I bought one at Walgreens Pharmacy, put it in, went through the sequence, and it now works.

IIRC, Terrance told me that the battery needs about 85% "charge" for the HomeLink to take the code.

Thought I'd pass this "happy ending" along to those who posted here.

Thanks for all the input. Hope this helps someone else out there.

Chuck
Glad it worked out, Chuck. That is a valuable tidbit to add to the body of knowledge here!
Old 09-24-2012, 09:00 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by johnodrake
Glad it worked out, Chuck. That is a valuable tidbit to add to the body of knowledge here!
Glad you reported back.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:58 PM
2006c6keller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default 2006 C6 & Genie system.

I apologize if the answer has all ready been given. I had quite a time in trying to get mine to work, I finally did. Here is what I remember. It was NOT a simple reprograming with ONLY ONE device. I had to use the instruction that came with the Vette AND in combination with instructions that came from Genie. There was a SPECIAL BUTTON (something to do with the rolling security code) on the Genie drive motor unit board that had to be activated (pushed) and used in concert with the Vette instructions. It took several tries and it finally worked. I hope this helps in solving your problem. You will have to get the Genie instruction book out to help. Sorry I can't help more at this time, your model Genie is probably different than mine and probably has different instructions for this function, but probably similar.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:08 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by 2006c6keller
I apologize if the answer has all ready been given. I had quite a time in trying to get mine to work, I finally did. Here is what I remember. It was NOT a simple reprograming with ONLY ONE device. I had to use the instruction that came with the Vette AND in combination with instructions that came from Genie. There was a SPECIAL BUTTON (something to do with the rolling security code) on the Genie drive motor unit board that had to be activated (pushed) and used in concert with the Vette instructions. It took several tries and it finally worked. I hope this helps in solving your problem. You will have to get the Genie instruction book out to help. Sorry I can't help more at this time, your model Genie is probably different than mine and probably has different instructions for this function, but probably similar.
Yup, that's the "learn" button that is on all rolling code Genie and Chamberlain systems.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:48 PM
Chuck Gongloff
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 565 Likes on 350 Posts

I have a Chamberlain/Lift Master jackscrew type opener on the other garage door.

That door is a high lift door. I have a 4 post lift in that "bay".

I keep my two old Corvettes there, the 63 and the 69. I wouldn't plan on parking the '06 in that area.

I haven't tried to program the Lift Master yet.....but I will eventually.

I'll be sure to put a new battery in the hand held transmitter before I start.

Chuck
Old 09-25-2012, 01:54 PM
C-INRED
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

Happy to hear that you got it working Chuck. It's nice to know that there are still some customer service people who actually know what they're talking about and not just reading from a script.

Last edited by C-INRED; 09-25-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:21 PM
LX2
Intermediate

Default With my 2010 C6 and my NEW Craftsman AssureLink GDO

I wound up callling Lear Car2U and they said with the wireless connection the GDO uses, I would need another device that plugs into the power adjacent the GDO which will receive the signal from my car to tell it to operate.
This GDO is one that you can remotely monitor if your door is open or closed in addition to remotely open or close it via smartphone.
I'll know today if that fixes my problem, that is when UPS comes by.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:23 PM
o_town_racer
Racer

I programmed mine without much difficulty. I have all 3 buttons programmed - the left and right open my 2 garage doors and the middle one opens the garage door at my Dad's house. Very handy.

Are you making sure the car is in "Accessory" mode before you try programming? The car either has to be running or in "Accessory" mode before you can program the remote. If the car is off, so is the remote. I made this mistake the first time I tried doing the programming. After I figured that out, the instructions in the manual worked fine.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:45 PM
JBrooke825
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 C3 of Year Finalist

I have not hade much luck trying to set up my liftmaster made by
wayne dalton , trash they don't make them anymore. but I will try
a new battery. thanks
Old 04-19-2014, 08:13 AM
Georg767
2nd Gear

Default Programming Garage Door Opener

The most important part to solving this problem is identifying the learn button located in the motor.
I programmed my new remotes using this:
Learn how to program your VISOR remote

It was quick and easy.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:59 PM
Epieschek
1st Gear

Default Problem with 2013 Vette remote begins opening two garage doors after a few operations

Originally Posted by Georg767
The most important part to solving this problem is identifying the learn button located in the motor.
I programmed my new remotes using this:
Learn how to program your VISOR remote

It was quick and easy.
After I program all three doors for all three buttons it works fine for a little bit but the one button begins opening two doors?
Old 12-06-2023, 01:00 PM
TRobertson
4th Gear

Default Genie Remote Programing

Hello guy's,

I read a few of you are having issues programming your car to the garage door opener.
Here are the steps I used:
1. Press and hold 1st & 3rd buttons on the car's remote pad on the visor for 20 secs or until the lights start blinking rapidly.
2. Hold your remote (genie or universal remote) near the visor remote pad, choose the button you want to program and hold both remotes at the same time until the light on the pad blinks (exit car)
3. Press and hold the "learn" button on the opener until it starts to blink (re-enter car)
4. Press button that you programed and the garage door will start to operate.

You should be good to go

Quick Reply: Programming Garage Door Openers, 2006