C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nose Bra Recomendations

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 05:51 PM
ladder13
Melting Slicks

Received 798 Likes on 386 Posts

I have a clear bra, and the line bothers me some but chips would bother me more. I also use the stretch bra offered by many forum vendors when going on long trips involving alot of highway time.I feel this covers my front end as much as possible. The sides are covered by the Apsis splash guards that I picked up in Carlisle for well under normal retail.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:51 PM
sar10
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HEB
How does the GM bra fasten on,snaps on each side? and in the headlights?what about under the car?
All of the above - snaps at leading edge of wheel well, tabs for in between headlights and body, clips for lip in front and under hood, clips for under front lip below grill and side of front valance - it fits very well.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:54 PM
ladder13
Melting Slicks

Received 798 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by refrig01
I bought a new black C6 in 2010. The first thing I did was get a GM bra. When I took it off after 1200 miles for the winter storage the paint was rubbed off down to the yellow body underneath. I threw it in the garbage! No more for me.
Sounds like an improper installation.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:09 PM
blueyeszr1
Account suspended by request 6 Oct 2017

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I ended up buying a GM bra from a forum member that contacted me after seeing this post. He gave me a less than half price deal of what a new one cost. I am glad to be a part of this forum.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:18 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

I got one of these.. I like that it covers everything ... I have the mirror covers too. so should look good

Originally Posted by corvettemods1
order our $99 stretch fit special. we only have 3 left and thats it until spring!

http://www.corvettemods.com/C6-Corve...ra_p_5065.html
Old 09-21-2012, 10:25 PM
BruceD
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKbride
I have the stretch bra and love it. It's great at keeping bugs off your car and provides some level of additional protection against small rocks etc. naturally, the thicker bra's the more protection.

What I like about the stretch bra is it is super easy to put on and take off, you can put it in the washing machine and it stores in a tiny bag and takes up very little space in the car. This allows me to travel with the bra on, remove and store it when I get where I'm going without a lot of fuss or loss of space, an important consideration, especially when traveling.

In the end, it looks sleek, lower price, easy to install and remove, takes up very little space and can be machine washed after your trip.....now all you have to do is go buy one
bought mine from the NCM when I got the car, they even installed the snaps for me so I just had to put it on. I basically bought it for the trip home but like it so much I've used it a fair amount. I'm still not a huge fan of the bra look but definitely like the protection and recommend it
Old 09-22-2012, 07:17 AM
Boozman
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by JKbride
I have the stretch bra and love it. It's great at keeping bugs off your car and provides some level of additional protection against small rocks etc. naturally, the thicker bra's the more protection.

What I like about the stretch bra is it is super easy to put on and take off, you can put it in the washing machine and it stores in a tiny bag and takes up very little space in the car. This allows me to travel with the bra on, remove and store it when I get where I'm going without a lot of fuss or loss of space, an important consideration, especially when traveling.

In the end, it looks sleek, lower price, easy to install and remove, takes up very little space and can be machine washed after your trip.....now all you have to do is go buy one
This is what I have been using and it works great, I've put 9,000 miles in the car and the front looks as good as the day I got it.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:48 PM
smithmr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by blueyeszr1
I ended up buying a GM bra from a forum member that contacted me after seeing this post. He gave me a less than half price deal of what a new one cost. I am glad to be a part of this forum.
Congrats on that deal! So how do you like it? I am trying to decide which one to use as well on my C5.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:06 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,656 Likes on 2,363 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Gotta color matched (silver on silver) stretch bra and use it for longer trips or when I know there could be sand, etc. Easy on/off...washes in the washer...perfect for me.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:32 AM
rz2mbc
Burning Brakes

Colgan bra is the best !!
Old 09-30-2012, 10:40 AM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

Here is my stretch bra crom NEal at corvettemods.com.... great price and installed in a few minutes..

I also have the mirrors covered too..

Old 09-30-2012, 10:56 AM
gilhuly
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by blueyeszr1
If you ever have a problem putting one on just put it in the sun for a spell or throw it in the dryer on high for a few

gots me a GM cover and some Speed Lingerie mirror covers.

Quick Reply: Nose Bra Recomendations