C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another battery dead....observations

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 02:05 AM
Jimmy W1
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

13.8 to 14.2 is the normal battery range when the car is running/charging. With the AC and the lights on it should still stay within that range........
Old 09-28-2012, 02:41 AM
FIZZ
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS WON
Better than 2005 batteries?
vetts don't like to sit. I suggest a C-Tek Battery tender/charger, plug that baby in when not being driven and your worries become a thing of the past. I have the 7002 for my car and i use it on my diesel truck over the summer while I drive the vett, I also haxe the 800 sieries for my bike and snowmobiles but C-Teck also makes a 3000 series, 3002?, I thinkyou will onlu need the 7002if you have a deep cycle dual truck battery like a dual battery like whats on most heavy duty trucks. several vendors on here sell them cheap and you can pick options, such as: stealth link/Quick connect&comfort indicator to inform you of the current condition of your battery
Old 09-28-2012, 03:13 AM
FIZZ
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clean and re-tighten your terminals too
Old 09-28-2012, 11:01 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by FIZZ
vetts don't like to sit. I suggest a C-Tek Battery tender/charger, plug that baby in when not being driven and your worries become a thing of the past. I have the 7002 for my car and i use it on my diesel truck over the summer while I drive the vett, I also haxe the 800 sieries for my bike and snowmobiles but C-Teck also makes a 3000 series, 3002?, I thinkyou will onlu need the 7002if you have a deep cycle dual truck battery like a dual battery like whats on most heavy duty trucks. several vendors on here sell them cheap and you can pick options, such as: stealth link/Quick connect&comfort indicator to inform you of the current condition of your battery
I only started using the CTEK 3200? a few months ago. On the extra clamps I bought it has an indicator that shows condition of battery from red, amber to green. On one of my cars it may take up to 3 hrs. for it to get to fully charged up after using car. On Corvette it comes back anywhere from a few minutes to an hour from amber to green.

Quick Reply: Another battery dead....observations