C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to reset all preferance settings on my used corvette?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 10:54 PM
MikeRiv
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to reset all preferance settings on my used corvette?

Just picked up an 05' and before i really start setting up all the settings is there any way to bring it back to the factory settings and start from there? Im talking about the settings in the dic linked the each key.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:06 PM
Knob Jockey
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 208 Likes on 172 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15

I think that even if you cleared the fobs and reprogrammed them, the car will still associate the stored settings/preferences to the new fobs #1 and #2.

I actually believe you will be better off going through all of the DIC programming options again, just to familiarize yourself with the car.

You will have to re-position the seat, the mirrors, the steering wheel to suit yourself anyway, and these are stored for each fob. So are the radio/stereo settings.

Read your Owners Manual, there are many functions that are somewhat less than obvious.

Congrats on your 'new' car and don't forget to wave.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:10 PM
MikeRiv
Heel & Toe

Ya thats what figured.... And i have waving all day. Even got a wave or two back. Haha. Something makes me think its more of a "vette forum" wave than a corvette owner wave but hey I'm waving either way. It would be awesome if GM put a waving etiquette sections in the C7 manual.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:41 PM
Irvingbody

Just bought a 2005 c6 I am in Irving Texas anyone care to stop by and help me set up the driver preference settings/ The manual is a bit confusing. Jose urbestopshen@hotmail.com thanks

Get notified of new replies

To How to reset all preferance settings on my used corvette?

Quick Reply: How to reset all preferance settings on my used corvette?