C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another build sheet find thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 08:13 AM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another build sheet find thread

Not to be repetitive but my new 427 vert also had the build sheets in the trunk, I honestly did not know they were specifically build sheets until I saw some photos posted in the other "build sheet" thread! I hope in 30 years when I send the car to Barrett-Jackson and I'm 82 years old I remember where I put them!!!

Last edited by Big Dan 427; 09-16-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:46 AM
boraxman
Race Director

Received 311 Likes on 200 Posts

Old 09-16-2012, 09:29 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,932 Likes on 4,812 Posts

Yeap, good luck with that.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:02 PM
RO55
Drifting

Excellent!
Old 09-17-2012, 07:06 AM
Ozzy12
Racer

Op...congrats on the find. I really hope some day I locate mine hidden somewhere on my car. I'm not going to lie, I bought the final one at the museum and my wife thought it was like Christmas day for me I was so excited. I got home, framed it up and it is proudly on display in my basement. Still smile every time I see it.

Racer...the reason guys like this stuff is not because it greatly improves the value of the car or anything else, it's that when you feel an intense pride in your car you want things, like the build sheet: it's for sentiment not profit. This, and the previous "find" thread poster are just two guys who are excited about something and sharing it with a close knit community, most of which care and can share in that excitement. You on the other hand have to rain on people's parades and put others down in a sarcastic and condescending tone that makes me wonder where your social development skills de-railed at. I have no doubt you are a successful man in whatever you do, but you lack empathy and in short, seem to get your rocks off by taunting others.

I hope your F430 and ZR1 are treating you well, but man, maybe you need to give up on the whole car thing if you are really going to live your life in such a skeptical and unappreciative fashion. Life's too short to treat people like crap: and if you really get excited and chuckle every time someone post something about you and you post a little dig: sell your cars and invest in a really good psychologist who can help you get past the intense desire to degrade others.

Not trying to start a flame war, but as someone who truly loves spending time on here, I had seen one too many of your posts to sit idly by and say nothing. Appreciate people and what their contributions are to the Corvette community: if you don't like them or their work, move on, don't bring them down just for sport.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:22 AM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Ozzy12
Op...congrats on the find. I really hope some day I locate mine hidden somewhere on my car. I'm not going to lie, I bought the final one at the museum and my wife thought it was like Christmas day for me I was so excited. I got home, framed it up and it is proudly on display in my basement. Still smile every time I see it.

Racer...the reason guys like this stuff is not because it greatly improves the value of the car or anything else, it's that when you feel an intense pride in your car you want things, like the build sheet: it's for sentiment not profit. This, and the previous "find" thread poster are just two guys who are excited about something and sharing it with a close knit community, most of which care and can share in that excitement. You on the other hand have to rain on people's parades and put others down in a sarcastic and condescending tone that makes me wonder where your social development skills de-railed at. I have no doubt you are a successful man in whatever you do, but you lack empathy and in short, seem to get your rocks off by taunting others.

I hope your F430 and ZR1 are treating you well, but man, maybe you need to give up on the whole car thing if you are really going to live your life in such a skeptical and unappreciative fashion. Life's too short to treat people like crap: and if you really get excited and chuckle every time someone post something about you and you post a little dig: sell your cars and invest in a really good psychologist who can help you get past the intense desire to degrade others.

Not trying to start a flame war, but as someone who truly loves spending time on here, I had seen one too many of your posts to sit idly by and say nothing. Appreciate people and what their contributions are to the Corvette community: if you don't like them or their work, move on, don't bring them down just for sport.
Ozzy you did a great job in articulating your sentiments, well done sir! I on the other hand am a new member/owner and was sort of hesitant to "get into it" due to the negative and sarcastic commentary on the previous and my build sheet thread, I and I'm sure many others thank you! You are also correct in the reasoning of our posts, it is just simply cool to see how your car was equipped/built at the factory. This is a forum with common ground and that is Corvettes, we all live our own lifestyle and to each his own but when it comes to this forum be happy for the other guy or simply shut up!
Old 09-17-2012, 10:14 AM
hankg42
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427
Ozzy you did a great job in articulating your sentiments, well done sir! I on the other hand am a new member/owner and was sort of hesitant to "get into it" due to the negative and sarcastic commentary on the previous and my build sheet thread, I and I'm sure many others thank you! You are also correct in the reasoning of our posts, it is just simply cool to see how your car was equipped/built at the factory. This is a forum with common ground and that is Corvettes, we all live our own lifestyle and to each his own but when it comes to this forum be happy for the other guy or simply shut up!
I was happy to find the build sheets in the car as well, not for any value, but because I also thought it was kind of cool. Glad you found yours as well!

I am also amazed at the amount of negative posting that goes on here. If a post doesn't interest you, move on. Of course there are repetitive posts and questions, and we all should use the search function, but I think roasting a guy for posting accomplishes nothing but a display of negativity.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:48 AM
SUNNYD 95
Burning Brakes

Hey Racer, you need to chill out. If a thread about anything bothers you then don't read it, its as simple as that. But don't make comments about what we here on the forum like about our vettes, thats what this place is for, to talk about build sheets, wheels and whatever, so if you don't like it JUST DON'T READ IT and move on.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:33 PM
trivette
Melting Slicks

Received 122 Likes on 87 Posts

Is the build sheet remaining in the vehicle a random occurence or have some of the procedures at BG changed? I was able to purchase the original for my '05 from the NCM a few years ago, and until recently there have not been posts about finding build sheets left in the cars. You would think this would have come up sooner in the C6 run had others been finding theirs in the vehicle.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:47 PM
C6RaceCar
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey CF members BULLETIN: Throw out the window sticker for your car if you're lucky enough to get it with the vehicle! Racecar you don't listen too well, stay off the thread and go play with racer!
You are right. I still can't seem to hear what you are saying, but I can read really well.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:52 PM
GSRANDY
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of the bonuses in participating in the Corvette Factory Buyer's Tour is receipt of the master built sheet for your Corvette straight off of the assembly line as well as the various individual work station built sheets...........

Regards,

GSRANDY
Old 09-17-2012, 03:50 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

I think what I have Randy is the master and their is two with different information on them! Definitely worthy of your Corvette scrapbook in my eyes!
Old 09-17-2012, 05:39 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,254 Likes on 708 Posts

Originally Posted by trivette
Is the build sheet remaining in the vehicle a random occurence or have some of the procedures at BG changed? I was able to purchase the original for my '05 from the NCM a few years ago, and until recently there have not been posts about finding build sheets left in the cars. You would think this would have come up sooner in the C6 run had others been finding theirs in the vehicle.
Good question and I for the life of me cant understand why they don't tuck them behind the seat or someplace like that. The vast majority of Corvette buyers would like to have them for sentimental value if nothing else. It would cost them nothing to do this and lots of people would love to have them.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:49 PM
Supersonic 427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,649 Likes on 817 Posts

Build sheets are important to most true blue Corvette owners. I find it odd that the build sheets are no longer installed during production. Maybe it's because you can order them at the NCM for around a $100!
Old 09-17-2012, 08:04 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 383 Likes on 307 Posts

Not to be repetitive but my new 427 vert also had the build sheets in the trunk, I honestly did not know they were specifically build sheets until I saw some photos posted in the other "build sheet" thread! I hope in 30 years when I send the car to Barrett-Jackson and I'm 82 years old I remember where I put them!!!
Now take a plant tour and maybe find someone who actually was involved in building the car. Like maybe Mike Rassel . He's one of the guys that actually "births" the car and drives it to the dyno for its performence tests. Get them to autograph your sheets.

Clif
Old 09-17-2012, 08:08 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Originally Posted by z06clif
Now take a plant tour and maybe find someone who actually was involved in building the car. Like maybe Mike Rassel . He's one of the guys that actually "births" the car and drives it to the dyno for its performence tests. Get them to autograph your sheets.

Clif
Thanks for the post, I told my GF I'd love to see the plant! I'd actually like to order and do the museum delivery one day!
Old 09-17-2012, 08:11 PM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,589 Likes on 1,626 Posts

Originally Posted by Supersonic GS
Build sheets are important to most true blue Corvette owners. I find it odd that the build sheets are no longer installed during production. Maybe it's because you can order them at the NCM for around a $100!
The build sheet you can get from the forum is the final sheet. There are a number of interim build sheets. Moreover, the one you can order from the Museum is a copy, not the original sheet.

<moderator> You folks need to keep this civil <moderator>
Old 09-17-2012, 10:30 PM
JimmyLee
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 200 Likes on 116 Posts

Archival stuff can be really fun (that's why we might enjoy collecting stamps and coins). Ever notice the assembly line chalk marks in the front wheel wells or near the rear gas tank? Lucky you that you found the build sheet!

Get notified of new replies

To Another build sheet find thread

Quick Reply: Another build sheet find thread