C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Price Check, '10 Grand Sport Coupe w/ Heritage Package

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 12:26 PM
HammerDown
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Price Check, '10 Grand Sport Coupe w/ Heritage Package

Found a 2010 GS coupe with Heritage Package, auto, 3LT or 4LT (not sure, looks loaded though), chrome wheels, with 12,779 miles. Color is kind of a burgundy red. REAL sharp car.

He has it listed at $49.9k, although I'm sure he'll come down. This is a small lot and the owner is a Corvette guy who is quite knowledgeable.

What do you guys think would be a good buy for this car?

Any issues with the 2010 GS? I know that was the first year they offered 'em.

My other plan was to look at ordering a 2013 1LT GS coupe with a couple of choice additions, for within a few thousand of his asking price on this car. Or just order a 2013 base 1LT standard coupe with wheel and brake upgrades.

Decisions decisions
Old 09-01-2012, 12:28 PM
C6RaceCar
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerDown
Found a 2010 GS coupe with Heritage Package, auto, 3LT or 4LT (not sure, looks loaded though), chrome wheels, with 12,779 miles. Color is kind of a burgundy red. REAL sharp car.

He has it listed at $49.9k, although I'm sure he'll come down. This is a small lot and the owner is a Corvette guy who is quite knowledgeable.

What do you guys think would be a good buy for this car?

Any issues with the 2010 GS? I know that was the first year they offered 'em.

My other plan was to look at ordering a 2013 1LT GS coupe with a couple of choice additions, for within a few thousand of his asking price on this car. Or just order a 2013 base 1LT standard coupe with wheel and brake upgrades.

Decisions decisions
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Nada+used+car+values
Old 09-01-2012, 12:32 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

what's the background on the car? where's it been before? how much do you know about C6s? did you run an IVH on it at a GM dealer? how did this indie dealer get it and why---did it go to auction?
Old 09-01-2012, 12:40 PM
C3-PO
Racer

get the newer GS. the price differnce is no comparision to what you gain from the warranty. it will save you more money in the long run. and you get to have a new car instead of a used one. more smiles on zero miles!
Old 09-01-2012, 01:02 PM
C6Tim
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Check web sites like KBB to determine the approximate value of the car and go from there. Don't let the dealership add a huge premium based on the heritage package. It really adds little to no value to the car at resale.

No issues with the 2010's that I'm aware of. Make sure you understand the differences in trim packages. The 1LT is pretty bare bones so you want to make sure you don't want or can live without some of the options.

Also, the burgundy red color you mention is most likely Crystal Red Metalic. If you like red, you will love CRM. Good luck!
Old 09-01-2012, 01:30 PM
HammerDown
Drifting

I don't have the background on the car, although if I had to bet I'd either say it's being sold on consignment, or it's the owner's personal car. This dealer has been in town a while, my dad knows him, he works on a lot of the cars he sells himself. I think he does get some of the more standard fare at auction, but I also think he buys and trades locally and sells on consignment a lot. He usually has about 5 Corvettes on the lot at any given time, and that's probably a third of the inventory.

Quick check with Edmunds shows it might go for mid $40k based on options. I am fairly familiar with the option packages, although they change a little year to year so it's hard to figure out what was offered for a year past the current and first previous.

Honestly, 1LT works fine for me, although it would be nice to have a power passenger seat and since I'm tall with long legs, the telescoping steering wheel would be especially nice; however, I don't want to pay for all that other stuff I don't care about or don't need just to get the steering wheel.

Here's a link to the car:
http://parkwaymotors.net/inventory/view/32
Old 09-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Aviator
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 123 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Unless they've already been replaced, chances areyogis Vette is gonna need new tires soon. That's another $2k you can out into a 2013.

Old 09-01-2012, 04:20 PM
RO55
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car looks great!
Old 09-01-2012, 09:51 PM
DIPPOLD
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

So just to give you a base point I purchased a 2011 GS Supersonic Blue, Auto, 4LT, NAV, F55 Meg Ride, Dual Roof car, 37S Custom Blue Stitching, Chrome wheels, 11K on it for $52,000. Get a dealer to run the VIN and he can tell you all the options the car was ordered with, that way you will know what you are looking at.

Last edited by DIPPOLD; 09-01-2012 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Add more info.

Get notified of new replies

To Price Check, '10 Grand Sport Coupe w/ Heritage Package

Quick Reply: Price Check, '10 Grand Sport Coupe w/ Heritage Package