C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Think There is a Corvette Owner Personality Type?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 01:17 PM
dbwade36
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone Think There is a Corvette Owner Personality Type?

Anything in common other than love of Corvettes?

I bought my first (used c4) vette @ 26. I am now 46 and have had 3 vettes since then. I have also owned Camaro, 300ZX, F150 Lariat, 3000GT, Eclipse GT, Saturn, Mustang, Hyundai, etc.)

I ALWAYS COME BACK TO CORVETTE

Do you think there is a common personality trait for us Corvette owners? I mean, I have heard the stereotypes about old guys and Vettes, but what about personalities?

I know guys who only drive Ford Trucks for example. A lot of them are "outdoors, farm, hunting, fishing, camping types". (not all)

Many Subaru, Jetta owners I know are into Skiing, hiking, literature, earth conscience stuff. (not all)

I know women who drive mini-vans.
A lot are family oriented, mother's, married, etc. I know, lifestyle, not personality.(not all)

So, generally speaking, do we have anything in common, socially and personality-wise, other than a love for Corvettes?

The reason I started thinking about this issue is that I was contemplating joining my local Vette Club and began wondering if I would have anything in common with them other than the car. There are 70 members and almost all are listed as Debbie & Bill, Joyce & George, Nancy & Tim. Not many singles it looks like.

Long narrative and a bit rambling, sorry.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:34 PM
gilhuly
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

jmo but I think most Corvette owners are all a little car crazy. I am
Old 08-25-2012, 01:37 PM
RO55
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gilhuly
jmo but I think most Corvette owners are all a little car crazy. I am
Old 08-25-2012, 02:07 PM
billiam01
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

That's a good marketing demographic question - perhaps Chevy knows. The single thing is a tough one - we ought to be joing clubs but don't because of other distraction or dismiss it because of too many couples. Corvette owners are people with money (I know some of you don't think so but you really do) and many of them are married. See how many of them here consult with their wives!
Old 08-25-2012, 02:19 PM
2006c6keller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Simply!

Simply, Corvette owners vary all over the place when it comes to personality, eg. personalities going from 1 (worse) to 10 (best) in clubs, etc. unless selective group; it would be usually hard not to find some type of discontent in a group. They have had in the DFW area different factions in the groups about only wanting, racing, cruising, partying, types of friends, etc. It has broken off into different factions and with each going their separate ways. Some have mended their organizations back together over time with some offensive members leaving completely or backing off, helping to restabilize the group. Some have the personality that a Corvette cannot do NO WRONG, no matter what the problem, basically fanatics that back any NEGATIVE problem with the car. They cannot accept any fault with the car and may even have a weak excuse for it, not reality, sometimes even bizarre! Mostly, the individuals are very decent people with a few who always feel like they are above all others, sadly. Sometimes even discussing with them in scientific or engineering terms staying off dirrect Covette associations is futile. GM and Corvette cannot do "NO WRONG".
Old 08-25-2012, 02:37 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by dbwade36
Anything in common other than love of Corvettes?

I bought my first (used c4) vette @ 26. I am now 46 and have had 3 vettes since then. I have also owned Camaro, 300ZX, F150 Lariat, 3000GT, Eclipse GT, Saturn, Mustang, Hyundai, etc.)

I ALWAYS COME BACK TO CORVETTE

Do you think there is a common personality trait for us Corvette owners? I mean, I have heard the stereotypes about old guys and Vettes, but what about personalities?

I know guys who only drive Ford Trucks for example. A lot of them are "outdoors, farm, hunting, fishing, camping types". (not all)

Many Subaru, Jetta owners I know are into Skiing, hiking, literature, earth conscience stuff. (not all)

I know women who drive mini-vans.
A lot are family oriented, mother's, married, etc. I know, lifestyle, not personality.(not all)

So, generally speaking, do we have anything in common, socially and personality-wise, other than a love for Corvettes?

The reason I started thinking about this issue is that I was contemplating joining my local Vette Club and began wondering if I would have anything in common with them other than the car. There are 70 members and almost all are listed as Debbie & Bill, Joyce & George, Nancy & Tim. Not many singles it looks like.

Long narrative and a bit rambling, sorry.
My experience has been older, fun conservative group!
Old 08-25-2012, 02:42 PM
sjohnson2615
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

**** nimrods

I mean that in a good way.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:44 PM
stevebz06
Melting Slicks

Received 304 Likes on 205 Posts

I'm sure a lot of people think we are self-centered and egotistical, but I could care less what they think cause I'm better than they are.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:17 PM
Mikado463
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 450 Likes on 312 Posts

based on what I saw @ Carlisle this weekend...........over weight !
Old 08-25-2012, 03:30 PM
JimmyLee
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 200 Likes on 116 Posts

I don't think there is such a thing as a "typical" personality. We are all unique fingerprints. My personal story is quite unique from what's often posted here, i.e., I'm an artist who produces Eastern style spiritual art and in my day job I work with the poor. I don't own a Rolex and I don't own a gun. I suggest that you at least check out your local Corvette club. You might be amazed at the diversity.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:40 PM
2vette2
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 413 Likes on 189 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Originally Posted by JimmyLee
I don't think there is such a thing as a "typical" personality. We are all unique fingerprints. My personal story is quite unique from what's often posted here, i.e., I'm an artist who produces Eastern style spiritual art and in my day job I work with the poor. I don't own a Rolex and I don't own a gun. I suggest that you at least check out your local Corvette club. You might be amazed at the diversity.
I think I am kinda of in agreement here. Not that I am an artist, I happen to be a retired CPA, but I also do not own a Rolex (happen to own a mickey mouse watch)or a gun and while not in the poor house, certainly not in the wealthy crowd. I have driven vettes since I was 21 and am now approaching 65. I was thin way back when and now am fat. I guess that puts me into all the categories of vette ownership over the course of my life.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:15 PM
berk4422
Drifting

Received 100 Likes on 50 Posts

In order to answer the OP's question, we would need a scientific study:

Maybe there is a social scientist on the forum willing to do this. Why anyone would care (other than GM marketing) IDK...

I would suggest a poll/survey of many corvette owners to identify their briggs myers personality types.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:51 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,921 Likes on 4,807 Posts

Originally Posted by stevebz06
I'm sure a lot of people think we are self-centered and egotistical, but I could care less what they think cause I'm better than they are.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:59 PM
Airwilf
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I have owned a 96, 02, & 08, which was recently traded in for a fully loaded 2012 Mini Cooper S.It's a roller skate on rails!!It's been awhile since I've driven something that's so much fun to drive.
So.....................next week it's going to be replaced by a 2011 GS, 3LT car!!Can hardly wait!!!
Old 08-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

Everybody thinks were rich. Lmao!! I wish.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:16 PM
Jimmy W1
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

I've noticed a lot of Corvette drivers still dress like John Tralvolty in Saturday Night Fever.......
Old 08-25-2012, 08:23 PM
MRhine1
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by berk4422
In order to answer the OP's question, we would need a scientific study:

Maybe there is a social scientist on the forum willing to do this. Why anyone would care (other than GM marketing) IDK...

I would suggest a poll/survey of many corvette owners to identify their briggs myers personality types.
I have mine somewhere in my college boxes along with a lot of stuff that only serves a purpose of making me smile when I run across it in the store room. Not that old(47) but I guess I got "****" along the way. LOL

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone Think There is a Corvette Owner Personality Type?

Old 08-25-2012, 08:32 PM
JJPonzini
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dress in pretty much what my wife buys me. I have no idea on what color goes with what. Thank goodness she does. That aside, I find that a lot of Corvette owners are self-assured and driven. These toys aren't inexpensive and to have that much disposible income for a car a lot of folks think is a foolish purchase takes a generally successful person.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:34 PM
Joni Lynn
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had wondered the same thing but then was reminded that I am the exception to most stereotypes and promptly forgot all about it.
I rarely fit in anywhere so I just got my Corvette and I'm trying to enjoy it as much as possible before the snow flies.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:44 PM
dklowrider
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the problem with being a single corvette owner is you don't have anyone to wear matching satin jackets with. joining a club will solve that issue.

Quick Reply: Anyone Think There is a Corvette Owner Personality Type?