C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to get TOP down on 05 C6 Convertible?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 07:51 PM
deepbluesea6
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default How to get TOP down on 05 C6 Convertible?

Well im trying to get the top down on 05 c6 convertible and seems to be something wrong.

The C6 Convertible is new to me so im wanting to know if maybe im not doing something right. Anyone have some steps in order of how to get there top down?

Does the car have to be started or will "ACC" mode allow the top to come down? does car need ebrake up as other convertible cars? and does it need to be in "Neutral" or park on these c6 vertibles?

When I push the convertible top button I do not hear anything.When I unlatch the top and push it up off the hooks where each side sit, both windows rolled down automatically but nothing seems to work after that.The dash only says "Top Not Secure"

Ive also read about the "reindexing" the windows if the battery is replaced or goes dead but didn't have any luck with that.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:02 PM
Jammer
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

your windows may need to be re-indexed, this happens if the battery goes dead. After you re-index try again. To re-index shut the doors, make sure the top is secure, power the windows all the up then hold the window buttons in the up position for about 3-5 seconds. Hope this works for you...good luck
Old 08-18-2012, 10:30 PM
Sunrise15
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick question: is the handle supposed to stay out when it is lowered, or am I supposed to recess it before it is stowed in the back?
Old 08-18-2012, 11:24 PM
Knob Jockey
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 208 Likes on 172 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15

You can leave the handle in the "out" position when the top is down/stowed but it may touch/rub the tonneau.

I put the handle in the "closed" position once the top starts to move and do the opposite when putting the top up by grabbing it and putting it in the "open" position just before the top makes it's last motion contacting the header.

You can stop the top at any point along the way to grab the handle and twist it if you need to.

It's also a good idea to learn how to operate the power top manually in case it fails.

Get notified of new replies

To How to get TOP down on 05 C6 Convertible?

Quick Reply: How to get TOP down on 05 C6 Convertible?