C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What year did the interior Cobalt Red color change?

Old 07-18-2012, 11:22 AM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Louisville Ky NCM Lifetime Member 429 (Member Since 1993)
Received 261 Likes on 182 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '16

Default What year did the interior Cobalt Red color change?

As I have posted previously, I upgraded my 2008 seats to the 2012 seat covers. Both sets of seat covers were cobalt red/ebony.

After installing the new seatcovers, it is pretty obvious that GM, at some point, changed the cobalt red to a significantly brighter red (which is good, because I have always thought the cobalt red used in the 08's was too dark).

Does anyone know when the cobalt red shade was changed?

Also, did GM also change the shade of Cobalt Red used on the other interior parts that are red (doors, bottom of dash, center console)?

Thanks.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:43 PM
SilverScorp
Safety Car

Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts

Maybe 2010?
Old 07-18-2012, 03:04 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

I've not seen any comments from forum vendors about the red interior changing. Also, it still had the same RPO code for 2005 through 2013. Of course, that doesn't mean it didn't change.

The red interior seemed to be pretty bright in my 05 coupe.

Last edited by Vette_DD; 01-01-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:11 PM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

As I said, I installed 2012 seats in my 08, and there is a HUGE difference. And no, the rpo code would not have changed if they didnt change what they called it. The 2012 seats are almost a victory red. And my car hasnt been out that much, for any ind of significant fading. Do a search on the forum, I have posted pictures in other threads I started.

I just dont want to post the same pictures in 64 different locations on the same forum.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:47 PM
pokerpro
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 219 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

If your going to make a change do it right and go custom. Upgrading to a high quality exotic Italian leather is like no other. I think mine came out quite nice.
Attached Images   
Old 07-18-2012, 07:34 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by RACE U
As I said, I installed 2012 seats in my 08, and there is a HUGE difference. And no, the rpo code would not have changed if they didnt change what they called it. The 2012 seats are almost a victory red. And my car hasnt been out that much, for any ind of significant fading. Do a search on the forum, I have posted pictures in other threads I started.

I just dont want to post the same pictures in 64 different locations on the same forum.
2012 seats do have a different RPO code for the red in the seats. It's RPO code of 026 instead of 023. I thought you were talking about the rest of the interior. This is the 2 tone seats.

Last edited by Vette_DD; 01-01-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:51 PM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by JimTN
2012 seats do have a different RPO code for the red in the seats. It's RPO code of 026 instead of 023. I thought you were talking about the rest of the interior. This is the 2 tone seats.
Correct, both set of seats are red/ebony combo's. I have the red/ebony dash, doors, etc......with the jsb exterior.

The rpo code on both years is 026.

Last edited by RACE U; 07-18-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:17 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Model Years 2007 thru 2011 have the same RPO code for the 2-tone seats. 2006 does not.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:23 PM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by pokerpro
If your going to make a change do it right and go custom. Upgrading to a high quality exotic Italian leather is like no other. I think mine came out quite nice.
Hmmmmm.....i think mine looks that good now (especially against the jsb paint). I am wanting to take the next step, without adding $6k seats. That means door, console, and dash parts all match the red in the seats, the red painted parts match the seats and doors, including the red painted jake skull steering wheel cap and shift cap. Also, finish out the carbon interior, with all the carbon matching.

I have a long ways to go.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:01 PM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Jim,

Why do you think they would do something like that in 06? That is really strange.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:12 PM
pokerpro
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 219 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Hmmmmm.....i think mine looks that good now (especially against the jsb paint). I am wanting to take the next step, without adding $6k seats. That means door, console, and dash parts all match the red in the seats, the red painted parts match the seats and doors, including the red painted jake skull steering wheel cap and shift cap. Also, finish out the carbon interior, with all the carbon matching.

I have a long ways to go.
It's really not difficult all it takes is money.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:15 PM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by pokerpro
It's really not difficult all it takes is money.

Yeeeeaaaaahhhhh, I know. But this President (sorry to regress) makes me worried that what money I do have may not be worth nearly as much very soon.

Its hard to choose between corvette interiors or food.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:53 AM
SilverScorp
Safety Car

Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts

They probably changed sources for the materials. I found that a lot of the interior materials in my 2005 were made in USA, but the interior materials in my 2010 now come from China. Not sure if that correlates to 2006-2007+ changeover or not.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:52 AM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by SilverScorp
They probably changed sources for the materials. I found that a lot of the interior materials in my 2005 were made in USA, but the interior materials in my 2010 now come from China. Not sure if that correlates to 2006-2007+ changeover or not.
Yeah, I didn't think about your point here. That may very well be the case..... I need to find a local chevy dealer and find a 2012 vette that has a ebony/cobalt red.

There maybe a signficant difference in the shade of red leather (or pleather) color versus the red color on other interior parts.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:52 AM
retiredmd
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=RACE U;1581351820]Yeeeeaaaaahhhhh, I know. But this President (sorry to regress) makes me worried that what money I do have may not be worth nearly as much very soon.

Your regression into lunacy is quite obvious.
Just who destroyed the nation's economy with wild spending using borrowed money to fund two wars while cutting taxes simultanously?
Just who wiped out a budgetary surplus, a reduced deficit and Debt, lost millions of jobs and left the worst economic mess since the Great Depression? Whose deregulatory policies contributed greatly to the banking/financial/mortgage crises? As Dick Cheney said yesterday when urging Congressional Republicans to cut additional taxes, increase defense spending stating: "DEFICITS DO NOT MATTER".
And, now the Republicans offer the SAME "voodoo economics" that failed in previous administratioins and got us into this mess we face today. Just where is the criticism of these failed policies? Why are the Republicans not made to answer to the electorate for their gross incompetence and deceit ("death panels")? I certainly disagree with many of Obama's policies and comportment. Despite the lies and rhetoric, however, Obama does not pose the greatest threat to this nations future welfare. The Republicans with their financial and economic policies DO. My worst fears regarding Bush, Cheney and company were realized; the same is true of Mr. Hypocrite Romney and associates. But you folks ignore the lessons of history and allow personal dislike, racial bigotry and ignorance to decide the election. Given that more Americans believe in angels than Darwinian Evolution, this comes as no surprise.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:59 AM
tim414
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Correct, both set of seats are red/ebony combo's. I have the red/ebony dash, doors, etc......with the jsb exterior.

The rpo code on both years is 026.
I also have a JSB w/rpo 'red' interior. The whole interior is red/ebony.

My Z06 is a 2010. It's cobalt red. My friends Vette is a 2007 and although not a 'Z the colors are never the less the same. I think on some parts it may look a tad brighter on my ride than his.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:31 AM
hankg42
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, I didn't think about your point here. That may very well be the case..... I need to find a local chevy dealer and find a 2012 vette that has a ebony/cobalt red.

There maybe a signficant difference in the shade of red leather (or pleather) color versus the red color on other interior parts.
Here's a shot of my 2012 Grand Sport 2 tone interior. I ordered the console cover from Corvette Mods (Ebony/Cobalt Red) and it seems to match up fine. I don't recall if I had to specify the year of the car on the order, but I don't think so.

Edit: I checked and I did not have to specify the model year.
Attached Images  

Last edited by hankg42; 07-20-2012 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Additional info

Get notified of new replies

To What year did the interior Cobalt Red color change?

Old 07-22-2012, 12:17 AM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by hankg42
Here's a shot of my 2012 Grand Sport 2 tone interior. I ordered the console cover from Corvette Mods (Ebony/Cobalt Red) and it seems to match up fine. I don't recall if I had to specify the year of the car on the order, but I don't think so.

Edit: I checked and I did not have to specify the model year.
Yes, and those are the seats that are now in my 08. If compared to some other seats on this thread (I know there can be differences due to lighting or camera), I can tell a difference in the colors.....yours looks very good.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:22 AM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

[QUOTE=retiredmd;1581361468]
Yeeeeaaaaahhhhh, I know. But this President (sorry to regress) makes me worried that what money I do have may not be worth nearly as much very soon.

Your regression into lunacy is quite obvious.
Just who destroyed the nation's economy with wild spending using borrowed money to fund two wars while cutting taxes simultanously?
Just who wiped out a budgetary surplus, a reduced deficit and Debt, lost millions of jobs and left the worst economic mess since the Great Depression? Whose deregulatory policies contributed greatly to the banking/financial/mortgage crises? As Dick Cheney said yesterday when urging Congressional Republicans to cut additional taxes, increase defense spending stating: "DEFICITS DO NOT MATTER".
And, now the Republicans offer the SAME "voodoo economics" that failed in previous administratioins and got us into this mess we face today. Just where is the criticism of these failed policies? Why are the Republicans not made to answer to the electorate for their gross incompetence and deceit ("death panels")? I certainly disagree with many of Obama's policies and comportment. Despite the lies and rhetoric, however, Obama does not pose the greatest threat to this nations future welfare. The Republicans with their financial and economic policies DO. My worst fears regarding Bush, Cheney and company were realized; the same is true of Mr. Hypocrite Romney and associates. But you folks ignore the lessons of history and allow personal dislike, racial bigotry and ignorance to decide the election. Given that more Americans believe in angels than Darwinian Evolution, this comes as no surprise.
You are so out of touch, you need a psychiatrist. I will only make 2 points, as these rest of your diarea I am not going to smell

1) The deficit has only increased 400% with the current administration, and no, they can't blame the previous administration. Also, how can you call the current administration financially responsible, when they havent passed a budget for a single year they have been in office. How many businesses has Obama created or run......zero. He has no clue as to how to fix the economy, and quite frankly I don't think he wants it fixed. The only people that can say they are better off today than 4 years ago are those who were on welfare then....and are still on welfare today.

2) The obama administration is more raciest than anyone. You can take your raciest comments, and shove them where the sun don't shine (if you can figure out which end that is).

Nowww.............back to regular programming.

Last edited by RACE U; 07-22-2012 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Remove some of my thoughts so I don't get barred.
The following users liked this post:
bigjeff1222 (03-30-2023)
Old 07-22-2012, 02:51 PM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

I received the following pm this morning from retiredmd, who doesnt identify what his name is, where he lives, or anything....I doubt he even owns a corvette (or is a doctor for that manner.

He titled this: Another Moron

QUOTE=retiredmd]Coward? For standing up to you low-class, sleazy and abject morons who do not care about the future of this country? For standing up to the lies, deceit and hypocrisy of the Republican Party whose economic policies destroyed the economy causing untold devastation-and who now wish to enact the very same policies? No, it is YOU and your ilk who are the cowards for putting personal predjudice and dislke ahead of the nation's welfare, for blindly following the lies of those from Gingrich to Limbaugh, from Rove to Cheney like some sheep with a double-digit IQ. It is you who will destroy this nation.
And your are damned right-I refuse to leave my name or location for fear that standing up for the truth will bring one of you brave cretins to my doorstep brandishing weapons. Don't bother replying; your level of intelligence isn't worth my dog's feces.[/QUOTE]

He is truly a coward. If he believes as strongly as his messages suggest, he should be proud to stand up and fight for what he believes, whether we agree or not.

But, apparently he is "scared".

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What year did the interior Cobalt Red color change?