C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Someone keyed my car

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 12:59 PM
SnakeBT6
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks..sorry to hear about this.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:00 PM
paracord
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 16 Posts

Jealousy and entitlement. Don't worry about it man. There's nothing you can do. Hopefully insurance will have it back to good as new in no time. I've been there.

Some people have no respect for private property, or for perceived "wealth."

VERRRRRRY rampant in today's political discourse, if ya know what I mean.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:14 PM
C6Whatever
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

First i want to thank you for your service and the sacrifices you make for us and this country.
Man I am so sorry to see your car like that. Some stupid Ahole or kid that thinks it is funny. Makes me sick. You work hard to obtain your dreams and have something nice that you enjoy and some idiot pulls that crap. I hope you have a good body shop that does an awesome job repainting your car. Hopefully your car will look better than before.
We have to believe in karma. Hopefully - what goes around comes around.
Thank you again for a job that few will do. our military is awesome. Love you guys!!
Old 07-18-2012, 01:33 PM
sliverck
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is disgusting. You could make a sign and nail it to a nearby telephone pole. Tell them you served your country so they would have the freedom to key your car, then say that in some of the countries you may have served in they would be stoned to death.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:33 PM
Captain Richard
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

To OP: I'm with HQDA myself and beyond offering my condolences, I would like to donate towards your insurance deductible. It's the least I can do for a fellow Vette owner and someone in service to our country.

Please PM me your Paypal info if you have a Paypal account. Perhaps some other posters would be willing to donate as well.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:43 PM
Greg Hipps
Intermediate

Thanks for all the support, guys. It's been a few hours, and I've cooled off quite a bit (from unstable nuclear reactor down to liquid magma, anyway). Fortunately, I have good insurance so it looks like I'll just be paying the deductible. The kicker is that it happened overnight in a safe neighborhood while parked in my driveway.
The police were pretty useless in this case. The cop never even asked any neighbors if they saw anything. I checked out some of the neighbors cars and a Jag across the street got it, too. Also, there was a broken Miller Light bottle (no neck) in the middle of the sidewalk 20' from my house. I'm no Sherlock Holmes, but it sounds like a drunk teenager showing off to me.
Woot.com has deals on camera systems about once a week. I think I'll be making that investment.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:23 PM
Greg Hipps
Intermediate

Originally Posted by King Richard
To OP: I'm with HQDA myself and beyond offering my condolences, I would like to donate towards your insurance deductible. It's the least I can do for a fellow Vette owner and someone in service to our country.

Please PM me your Paypal info if you have a Paypal account. Perhaps some other posters would be willing to donate as well.

Holy cow, that's absolutely the most generous thing I've ever heard. As appreciative of the gesture as I am, I could never accept a gift like that. You've done more than enough already by turning a terrible day into a great one by letting me know that for at least every jerk out there, people of your gracious caliber exist as well.

As stated above from lots of the members here - in a week or two she'll be as good as new, and I can continue enjoying my amazing life, while whoever did this will probably still be out there bitter and angry - hopefully they just take it out on a Prius next time (KIDDING).
Old 07-18-2012, 03:26 PM
Dave Tracy
Melting Slicks

Received 294 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by unixcorn
I wish I had words to make it better but I don't. In fact, it made me queasy just looking at the pictures so I can imagine how you feel. Senseless and stupid and I feel for you. Call your insurance company, get it fixed and put it behind you.
Thank you for your service!!
And a second thank you for your service.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:48 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

Sounds like it was envy related since he hit your neighbor's Jag also. People that key cars are low lifes. You almost cannot have something nice in this country any more without someone trying to damage/destroy it.

I would definitely consider a security camera if you are going to leave something nice out front. Inexpensive and you have a better chance of catching the idiot. Of course a sign saying "You are on camera" with the camera clearly visible might be enough to give them second thoughts.

Good luck with the repair.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:55 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg Hipps
This is really making me sick. I woke up this morning and my car had deep cuts running across both sides. - wheel to wheel. I have no idea who or why someone would do something like this. Even if jealousy is the motive, I'm not particularly wealthy. I'm about as middle class as they come. I'm an enlisted soldier that shows up to work everyday and saves his money. Now that I've reached a point in my life to get something this nice, somebody comes along and does this. Words cannot express my disappointment in my fellow man right now.
I somewhat know the feeling (see below) but my fix was easy (Goof Off). I feel for ya, man!!! Thank you for your service to our country!

Old 07-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Wildmanht
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

That is so messed up!!!!!!!!!!! I would be pissed as well.

OP, I like your idea about getting a camera. Never know, this *** wipe might be back in a few weeks after you get it painted and do it again.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:46 PM
su8pack1
Team Owner

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Sorry to see that.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:14 PM
pokerpro
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 219 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Really sorry to see that to your vette. If you ever do find out who did it make sure you put a few bullets in their head for me.

If you do go through your insurance to get it repainted see about the ramifications that come back on a carfax report. When/if you decide to sell it the buyer might think it was in a wreck. Just my .02 cents.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:44 PM
icenighn
Heel & Toe

Vincent: "Boy, I wish I could've caught him doing it. I'd have given anything to catch that ******* doing it. It'd been worth him doing it just so I could've caught him doing it"

I'm actually terrified of this happening to me. I hope they catch the bast**d who did it.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:08 PM
C6Whatever
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I would like to kick in too! Great idea
PM me your info
Old 07-18-2012, 08:09 PM
richie15
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

That kind of thing really gets to me. I hope you get some satisfaction when all is said and done. Thanks much for your service.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:27 PM
highway man
Heel & Toe

Default Very angry

Seeing something like this makes me very angry. It also reminds me of a few years ago there were some American spoiled brats in Singapore who thought it would be funny to spray paint some cars. Gladly they got caught and the penalty was to recieve that country's punishment called caneing. Some of you may remember it-it was during Clinton's time as president. We're not talking about some flimsy fishing pole type of cane but it was more like a club. Most offenders who recieved this form of punishment usually passed out after the first lick but were revived to receive the rest of their punishment. Our liberal good-for-nothing news media thought this was just terrible that these boys were about to get their butts busted but to their dismay and chagrin they discovered that most Americans thought we should have corporal punishment to suit the crime in this country. Clinton successfully persuaded the Singaporean government to reduce the boys punishment to four wallops but after that I'll bet the desire to vandalize someone else's property had long vanished. People who do these kind of things should be publically flogged so everyone can know who they are and the extent of their rotten behavior. I think we would see less of this behavior and people would develop a respect for other people's property and less of an inclination to damage it. By the way I have two sons currently serving in the military-one in the Air Force and the other in the Marine Corp. THANK YOU for your service to our country. Some of these idiots running loose need to realize that its people like you who help to preserve their right to act stupid. Hopefully someday they'll come to their senses and realize it. p.s. I sure hope you can get your car fixed without too much trouble.

Get notified of new replies

To Someone keyed my car

Old 07-18-2012, 08:35 PM
pokerpro
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 219 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by highway man
Seeing something like this makes me very angry. It also reminds me of a few years ago there were some American spoiled brats in Singapore who thought it would be funny to spray paint some cars. Gladly they got caught and the penalty was to recieve that country's punishment called caneing. Some of you may remember it-it was during Clinton's time as president. We're not talking about some flimsy fishing pole type of cane but it was more like a club. Most offenders who recieved this form of punishment usually passed out after the first lick but were revived to receive the rest of their punishment. Our liberal good-for-nothing news media thought this was just terrible that these boys were about to get their butts busted but to their dismay and chagrin they discovered that most Americans thought we should have corporal punishment to suit the crime in this country. Clinton successfully persuaded the Singaporean government to reduce the boys punishment to four wallops but after that I'll bet the desire to vandalize someone else's property had long vanished. People who do these kind of things should be publically flogged so everyone can know who they are and the extent of their rotten behavior. I think we would see less of this behavior and people would develop a respect for other people's property and less of an inclination to damage it. By the way I have two sons currently serving in the military-one in the Air Force and the other in the Marine Corp. THANK YOU for your service to our country. Some of these idiots running loose need to realize that its people like you who help to preserve their right to act stupid. Hopefully someday they'll come to their senses and realize it. p.s. I sure hope you can get your car fixed without too much trouble.

While I do agree with most of what you say there is something that your missing. People young or old who do senseless sh*t like this will never ever change no matter how much you beat them. This is how they are wired and this is in their DNA. It is impossible for them to change short of killing them which i am entirely in for that.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:41 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by pokerpro
While I do agree with most of what you say there is something that your missing. People young or old who do senseless sh*t like this will never ever change no matter how much you beat them. This is how they are wired and this is in their DNA. It is impossible for them to change short of killing them which i am entirely in for that.
The death penalty for criminal damage? Seems extreme to me. When someone intentionally defaced my 2007 (see above), I felt like I would just beat them to a pulp if the opportunity arose. Caneing would have definitely been OK with me.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:42 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,291 Likes on 1,400 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

This is exactly what I was thinking after seeing the pics. I'd be honored to be able to donate to help pay the deductible. I was in the military as well, enlisted Navy, so I know you're far from rich.

I just got mine back from the body shop. Today. Complete repaint not due to a wreck. It looks far better than when it was new since the GM orange peel isn't there any more. Find a good body shop you trust and insist on taking it there.

Quick Reply: Someone keyed my car