C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just moved to Blaine, Minnesota

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 11:36 PM
dennisdlj
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just moved to Blaine, Minnesota

Just moved to Blaine, Minnesota and was hoping to get recommendations from you Minneapolis folks where there are reliable places close by to bring my 2010 GS Vette in for service like oil changes etc. (Please do not say to change oil myself.) I have been doing zaino polishing myself but would consider a reliable place that does real good quality detailing if there is such a place close by. Thanks in advance for any recommendations you might have.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:04 AM
A Man and his Vette
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm just north of you in Ham Lake and am curious as well.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:32 PM
Grand Sport Torch
Cruising

I bought my GS at Village Chevrolet in Wayzata. They sell a lot of Vettes and have good Corvette techs from what I have been told from some Corvette club members.
Or there is always Doug Rippie in Buffalo if you want an independent. Doug as you may know is a Corvette guru and I would trust his shop completely.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:38 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,254 Likes on 708 Posts

Welcome to Minnesota.

Village Chevrolet in Wayzata is the largest Corvette dealer in MN and they have dedicated Vette techs. I have used them for a few things so far and they seem like a professional bunch.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:34 AM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 226 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Welcome to Minnesota!
Old 07-13-2012, 02:02 AM
Minnesota Scott
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The problem with Village Chevrolet is that they have one dedicated Corvette Tech and he is busy running around like crazy trying to work on many Corvettes at once. IMO if you see a lot of Corvettes all of the time you really don't care about the fact that they are Corvettes...might as well be Suburbans......lets not forget he is getting paid by book time....the faster he works the more money he makes.....every dealer works this way so I would take a pass unless I absolutely had to...then I would still find a way to do it myself.

Good luck with your search.

Regards,
Scott
Old 07-13-2012, 06:35 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,491 Likes on 1,952 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by Grand Sport Torch
I bought my GS at Village Chevrolet in Wayzata. They sell a lot of Vettes and have good Corvette techs from what I have been told from some Corvette club members.
Or there is always Doug Rippie in Buffalo if you want an independent. Doug as you may know is a Corvette guru and I would trust his shop completely.
actually, I think DRMotorsports moved to Waverly, about 45 miles away from Blaine, nice drive if you like to drive.

altho this is an old thread, you may want to do some searches on here and elsewhere, too ("search" is up on that red band above and limit to C6 Gen or Tech): http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...o-testing.html

Last edited by AORoads; 07-13-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:04 AM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Minnesota Scott
The problem with Village Chevrolet is that they have one dedicated Corvette Tech and he is busy running around like crazy trying to work on many Corvettes at once. IMO if you see a lot of Corvettes all of the time you really don't care about the fact that they are Corvettes...might as well be Suburbans......lets not forget he is getting paid by book time....the faster he works the more money he makes.....every dealer works this way so I would take a pass unless I absolutely had to...then I would still find a way to do it myself.

Good luck with your search.

Regards,
Scott
I still think Village is your best bet around here. I will take a guy that works on a lot of Vettes and knows what he's doing over a guy who is less busy and doesn't work on many Vettes. I stopped over to ask about the torque tube rattling in my car and he jumped in and took a little ride with me, seemed like a pretty good guy.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:53 AM
BBBOOMR
Racer

Lewiston Auto ia a small rural Chevrolet dealer about 100 mi. south and a little west of the cities. The owner loves vettes. He is an owner as well as a racer of corvettes. They will take care of you.
Bob
Old 07-13-2012, 11:04 AM
bluekey28
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by AORoads
actually, I think DRMotorsports moved to Waverly, about 45 miles away from Blaine, nice drive if you like to drive.
Met Doug & Randy @ DRM in June. Had them install a cam package in my '08 base coupe. Very nice competent people. Pay them a visit & maybe there are some fun upgrades in your Vette's future.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:21 AM
trynt
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 34 Posts

http://www.olsencorvette.com/oldhome.htm

ST. BONIFACIOUS, MINNESOTA
Old 07-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Garret
Race Director

Received 1,016 Likes on 473 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

I have to say I only went to the dealer once so far and it was Village. I went in for a 5-10 minute door handle replacement and also asked them to check the TPMS as they kept reporting issue since I was there. Needless to say be careful with any dealer, the next thing I knew my car was on a lift for a "courtesy" check which I did not ask for. It ended up being over an hour for a 5-10 minute thing.

Just ask Randy how livid I was... He was there with me....LOL

When I do finally get the TPMS fixes done I will go back though. I just now know what to expect.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:56 AM
Minnesota Scott
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
I still think Village is your best bet around here. I will take a guy that works on a lot of Vettes and knows what he's doing over a guy who is less busy and doesn't work on many Vettes. I stopped over to ask about the torque tube rattling in my car and he jumped in and took a little ride with me, seemed like a pretty good guy.
I think he is a decent guy as well. However, he is not going to take the same level of care that most Corvette owners, including me, take. I have a $1400 carbon fiber side skirt and while he was replacing the seat adjustor he had to remove the seat. While doing that, the metal hit the side skirt putting a 1 inch long scrape. Luckily, I had the side skirt covered with Venture Shield and it did its job of protecting the paint below. I had to make an additional trip to have the venture shield replaced.....that is a whole different story....but to make it quick...do not give Bravo any business. There are other tinting and clear bra installers that can do just as good of work with a positive attitude.

Regards,
Scott
Old 07-13-2012, 12:16 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,491 Likes on 1,952 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by trynt
http://www.olsencorvette.com/oldhome.htm

ST. BONIFACIOUS, MINNESOTA
I dunno...working on all those older Corvettes, Camaros, Chevy IIs, shaker hood Mopars, screaming onions or whatever they are, and even '68/69/70 AMX----I just dunno....

j/k
Old 07-13-2012, 12:17 PM
rayk
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been to Village several times. I bought front tires and they were way out of balance. Finally took the vette to a Goodyear store and they were able to balance them correctly. Another time, when I went to pick up the vette, it was out in the lot next to other cars and had bird dropping on it. I was thankful there wasn't any door dings.

While I bought it from Village, I don't need the grief. It's too bad because I like the place, just don't need any issues.

BTW, the Goodyear store said they get a lot of business from dealers because of the issues balancing run-flats. I found a great Goodyear store and the owner takes a personal interest in the service you get. That's important to me.

If I have a lot of issues with the car, it will get sold because I don't want to deal with service issues.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:33 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Well I'm very bias on the best shop in Minnesota.......

Here is the guy I would take a car to. He does a great job, fair on pricing and he is located North. I want to say Zimmerman. Which is just up the road from you.
http://www.mnzaino.com/

We did move to Waverly a few months ago. Extra 10 miles from our old location for you.

Randy
www.dougrippie.com
Old 07-13-2012, 03:25 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Garret
I have to say I only went to the dealer once so far and it was Village. I went in for a 5-10 minute door handle replacement and also asked them to check the TPMS as they kept reporting issue since I was there. Needless to say be careful with any dealer, the next thing I knew my car was on a lift for a "courtesy" check which I did not ask for. It ended up being over an hour for a 5-10 minute thing.

Just ask Randy how livid I was... He was there with me....LOL

When I do finally get the TPMS fixes done I will go back though. I just now know what to expect.
I'm not sure we're allowed back........

Note to self....do not lift Garrets car without permission.

Get notified of new replies

To Just moved to Blaine, Minnesota

Old 07-13-2012, 04:02 PM
andy82
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by dennisdlj
Just moved to Blaine, Minnesota.....
I'm sorry

Old 07-13-2012, 06:06 PM
cadguymark
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
must have been a while ago, the guy retired earlier this year

also, when I brought my car to be worked on there, they scratched my fender because the worker was too stupid or lazy to put an apron on it

Village is biggest only because Grossman was shut down by GM in the reorganization. Very very weird, they were a long time family business with a large customer base, while Mauer Chev was opened as a new dealer. I guess two batting titles and an MVP make for good name recognition.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:13 PM
1BADLS3
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to MN.

But may I ask why you moved to this God-forsaken state?

Crappy weather, crappy sports teams, crappy politicians.....I can't wait to leave someday.

Quick Reply: Just moved to Blaine, Minnesota