C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008+ Radio Bezel / Console

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 10:32 PM
GS-Zero
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Default 2008+ Radio Bezel / Console

So I'm going to purchase a 2008+ radio bezel / center console for my 2007. It's been feeling far less special lately so I want to tighten up the interior and make it something I enjoy again. The fisher price plastics are starting to wear on me.

I have an ebony & cashmere interior with cashmere stitched seats. Is it just me, or do they not make a cashmere stitched console? I'm only seeing ones with titanium gray stitch, 'brick' which I have no idea what that is, and then the blue / red from the carbon editions. Is there a cashmere? If not, think it's a safe bet to buy the gray stitch and hit it with that stitch color change marker stuff?
Old 07-09-2012, 11:17 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

I'm going to share the perfect solution with you. Contact Gerardo or Lino at DS Vettes and talk to them about making you exactly what you want. They'll start with a brand new, 2008+ bezel. They'll then remove the imitation leather ("pleather") trim from around the perimeter and replace it with genuine stitched leather in the colors of your choice. You can choose whatever color(s) you want for both leather and stitching. In fact, since you have the cashmere interior you could choose ebony leather trim on the upper half of the bezel and cashmere on the lower portion (just like your dash). Here are a couple of pics of my all-ebony bezel from DS Vettes:

Old 07-09-2012, 11:22 PM
Z16chevelleguy
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
I'm going to share the perfect solution with you. Contact Gerardo or Lino at DS Vettes and talk to them about making you exactly what you want. They'll start with a brand new, 2008+ bezel. They'll then remove the imitation leather ("pleather") trim from around the perimeter and replace it with genuine stitched leather in the colors of your choice. You can choose whatever color(s) you want for both leather and stitching. In fact, since you have the cashmere interior you could choose ebony leather trim on the upper half of the bezel and cashmere on the lower portion (just like your dash). Here are a couple of pics of my all-ebony bezel from DS Vettes:

Looks Great!
Old 07-09-2012, 11:43 PM
Knob Jockey
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 208 Likes on 172 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Here's a couple examples of DSV consoles including a two-tone version described by mpuzach.

Attached Images   
Old 07-10-2012, 11:15 AM
LOUSVETTE
NCM Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Down South Vettes are the best
Old 07-10-2012, 06:20 PM
GS-Zero
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Thanks for the help guys.

As much as I'd like to do the DS Vettes piece, I really don't want to spend $1000+ on my center console. It looks great, but I couldn't justify it. I will, however, be buying their shift **** / boot, and a steering wheel. Considering no one's mentioned the existence of an OE part with the cashmere stitching yet, I assume it doesn't actually exist, so what I'm going to do is buy the one with the gray stitching and take a pen to it and see if I can get it to match. Anyone who's curious as to the turnout, stay tuned. I'll also be taking the faux carbon fiber plastic face and having it painted piano black.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:12 PM
Naples FL
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 168 Likes on 90 Posts

Pm me...I just removed mine from an '08 with an ebony interior that I plan on selling ebony
Old 07-10-2012, 07:13 PM
Naples FL
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 168 Likes on 90 Posts

Pm me...I just removed one from an '08 with an ebony interior that I plan on selling

Get notified of new replies

To 2008+ Radio Bezel / Console

Quick Reply: 2008+ Radio Bezel / Console