C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review: Chuck CoW Tune and CoW Booster

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 11:19 AM
Voodoo GS
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12
Default Review: Chuck CoW Tune and CoW Booster

First off I want to say that I have no affiliation with Chuck or Corvettes of Westchester and that Friday was the first time I met Chuck.

Also want to say thanks to Kevin for allowing the use of his shop, which is very impressive to say the least.

Anyways, on to the review of the tune for my 2012 GS A6.

I went over to Kevin's house on Friday evening and when I got there was greeted by Chuck. He hooked up his computer and started working on my transmission tune. After the transmission tune he told me to take it for a spin to see how I liked it (he had not yet installed the CoW Booster yet, just the transmission tune). I drove around for about 20 minutes and could definitely tell the difference in the shift, as it was much more firm and precise. When I got back to Kevin's house he was fixing all sorts of issues from a Magna Charger install on another guys car that was done by another widely known shop. I sat around and had a few beers with the guys and then told Chuck that I would come back for him to finish the tune.

At this point, to be completely honest, I wasn't overly thrilled with the transmission tune, although I did like the way it shifted a lot better. I decided to hold judgement until everything was done.

Fast forward to Sunday morning. I went over to Kevin's house and Chuck was finishing a couple other cars. He then installed the CoW Booster in my car and then went for a drive to tune another car while we installed a 160* stat in my car. When that was done and Chuck returned, we jumped into my car to go for a road tune. I felt the CoW Booster for the first time when we were pulling out of Kevin's driveway and I believe the first words out of my mouth when I touched the gas pedal was "Holy *****!"

As we pulled out of Kevin's neighborhood, every touch of the gas was followed by joyful profanity. Once on the street Chuck cleaned up my AF numbers and made adjustments to the transmission so we stopped to load the changes. After that I got on it a bit and it just ran like a raped ape. Just an incredibly powerful thrust, totally blew my mind. Then on the 45 minute drive home from Kevin's house I got 27.8 mpg, not bad at all.

All I can say is that I am now a believer and all of the "hype" you hear about Chuck's tunes is not hype, it is totally 100% truth. I couldn't be happier. Oh and did I mention Chuck is a great guy too? If you get the chance to have Chuck tune your car you really need to do it.

Those of you in the OKC area that want to see what the Cow Booster and Chuck tune feels like, let me know and I will be happy to show you.

Thanks again Chuck, Kevin and all of the other great guys I met this weekend.

Kyle
Old 06-18-2012, 12:24 PM
j_digi454
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I need to call but have been procrastinating, I do not like my trans tune at all.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:41 PM
Voodoo GS
Instructor

St. Jude Donor '12

You will love it when he gets through with it. The CoW Booster is insane. My car literally has instant throttle response now and absolutely zero lag or delay.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:42 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Got mime done in Feb and cut a half second from my quarter times
Old 06-18-2012, 05:23 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by peter pan
seriously...?
Old 06-18-2012, 05:52 PM
Keefer07
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I beleive it! My transmission shifts quicker than I could shift an M6, no wheel spin at take off but I get a good chirp when it shifts to second.

Normal driving is great too, transmission seems to be in just the right gear, good firm downshift when slowing down too.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:52 PM
Smooth72
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It was great meeting you stay in touch.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:54 PM
LMBC6Brian2
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What the hell is the Cow booster??
Old 06-18-2012, 05:59 PM
Voodoo GS
Instructor

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by LMBC6Brian2
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...uaranteed.html

Its for cars that are rated by cow power instead of horse power.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:50 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,218 Likes on 829 Posts

Originally Posted by LMBC6Brian2
Cows can't jump over the moon without it...

It's a tool he uses to enhance the throttle repsonse on your Vette. It makes the pedal and the throttle body in closer harmony...
Old 06-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Silverbullet00
Race Director

Location: Norman Oklahoma - The Only State in the Union with no Blue Counties!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I wasn't witness to every tune Chuck did here in Oklahoma over a four day tuning mania, but I saw the resulting grins on about ten Corvette and Camaro owners when they returned with Chuck from the street tweaking. Some sessions lasted 45 minutes some alot more. They all came back with the same **** eating grin..... Did I mention my own?

I have a cammed MN6 C5. The OP is right. TR is instant and all Chuck did on mt car was tweak the existing dyno tune. Car is much improved and I was happy before.

Chucks bill for me,,,,a promise to invite him back next year for the 6th Annual NCCO All Corvette Show!

$11,000 for the Tots raised this year!

The goal for next year $15,000.

OP, Thanks for putting the total over the $11K top and he wasn't able to make the Show!
Old 06-18-2012, 08:10 PM
Voodoo GS
Instructor

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Silverbullet00
I wasn't witness to every tune Chuck did here in Oklahoma over a four day tuning mania, but I saw the resulting grins on about ten Corvette and Camaro owners when they returned with Chuck from the street tweaking. Some sessions lasted 45 minutes some alot more. They all came back with the same **** eating grin..... Did I mention my own?

I have a cammed MN6 C5. The OP is right. TR is instant and all Chuck did on mt car was tweak the existing dyno tune. Car is much improved and I was happy before.

Chucks bill for me,,,,a promise to invite him back next year for the 6th Annual NCCO All Corvette Show!

$11,000 for the Tots raised this year!

The goal for next year $15,000.

OP, Thanks for putting the total over the $11K top and he wasn't able to make the Show!
No problem, glad to help the kids.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:32 PM
vince48
Advanced

Originally Posted by Voodoo GS
First off I want to say that I have no affiliation with Chuck or Corvettes of Westchester and that Friday was the first time I met Chuck.

Also want to say thanks to Kevin for allowing the use of his shop, which is very impressive to say the least.

Anyways, on to the review of the tune for my 2012 GS A6.

I went over to Kevin's house on Friday evening and when I got there was greeted by Chuck. He hooked up his computer and started working on my transmission tune. After the transmission tune he told me to take it for a spin to see how I liked it (he had not yet installed the CoW Booster yet, just the transmission tune). I drove around for about 20 minutes and could definitely tell the difference in the shift, as it was much more firm and precise. When I got back to Kevin's house he was fixing all sorts of issues from a Magna Charger install on another guys car that was done by another widely known shop. I sat around and had a few beers with the guys and then told Chuck that I would come back for him to finish the tune.

At this point, to be completely honest, I wasn't overly thrilled with the transmission tune, although I did like the way it shifted a lot better. I decided to hold judgement until everything was done.

Fast forward to Sunday morning. I went over to Kevin's house and Chuck was finishing a couple other cars. He then installed the CoW Booster in my car and then went for a drive to tune another car while we installed a 160* stat in my car. When that was done and Chuck returned, we jumped into my car to go for a road tune. I felt the CoW Booster for the first time when we were pulling out of Kevin's driveway and I believe the first words out of my mouth when I touched the gas pedal was "Holy *****!"

As we pulled out of Kevin's neighborhood, every touch of the gas was followed by joyful profanity. Once on the street Chuck cleaned up my AF numbers and made adjustments to the transmission so we stopped to load the changes. After that I got on it a bit and it just ran like a raped ape. Just an incredibly powerful thrust, totally blew my mind. Then on the 45 minute drive home from Kevin's house I got 27.8 mpg, not bad at all.

All I can say is that I am now a believer and all of the "hype" you hear about Chuck's tunes is not hype, it is totally 100% truth. I couldn't be happier. Oh and did I mention Chuck is a great guy too? If you get the chance to have Chuck tune your car you really need to do it.

Those of you in the OKC area that want to see what the Cow Booster and Chuck tune feels like, let me know and I will be happy to show you.

Thanks again Chuck, Kevin and all of the other great guys I met this weekend.

Kyle
Kyle,
I've been seriously thinking of a tune from Chuck, but I do not want to void my warranty. Do you not care about your factory warranty on a 2012?
Vincent
Old 06-18-2012, 08:53 PM
Voodoo GS
Instructor

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by vince48
Kyle,
I've been seriously thinking of a tune from Chuck, but I do not want to void my warranty. Do you not care about your factory warranty on a 2012?
Vincent
Well I also bought an autocal so I can return it to stock if need be.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:13 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Originally Posted by bobafett
seriously...?
Yes I ran 12.9s before the tune and 12.4 after, over the weekend chuck sent me my Autocal with a track tune, so I will go back out soon for another session
Old 06-18-2012, 11:02 PM
LucaBrasiAZ
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 113 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Voodoo GS
Well I also bought an autocal so I can return it to stock if need be.
you sure that makes you safe????
Old 06-18-2012, 11:08 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,218 Likes on 829 Posts

Originally Posted by Guinnessboy
you sure that makes you safe????
Well has something you don't have.....
Old 06-18-2012, 11:48 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Yes I ran 12.9s before the tune and 12.4 after, over the weekend chuck sent me my Autocal with a track tune, so I will go back out soon for another session
sweet

Get notified of new replies

To Review: Chuck CoW Tune and CoW Booster

Quick Reply: Review: Chuck CoW Tune and CoW Booster