C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Power Door Locks

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 11:03 AM
mrjd
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 Power Door Locks

My power door locks are not working on both sides. Where should i start first on trouble shooting. thx jd
Old 06-15-2012, 11:55 AM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

We need a little more information as the C6 door locks are electronic and work by having the computer not power the solenoids, so the phrase 'power door locks' doesn't really apply to this car. There are no 'manual' door locks either. What exactly are the symptoms?
Old 06-15-2012, 12:08 PM
mrjd
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by cclive
We need a little more information as the C6 door locks are electronic and work by having the computer not power the solenoids, so the phrase 'power door locks' doesn't really apply to this car. There are no 'manual' door locks either. What exactly are the symptoms?
Ok. when i use my keyless remote. it will not lock or unlock the doors. Nor will it do it by the door switches in the car
Old 06-15-2012, 12:10 PM
agrumpyguy
Racer

Try going to the settings on your DIC. enable auto locking
Old 06-15-2012, 12:47 PM
ohmy
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mrjd
Ok. when i use my keyless remote. it will not lock or unlock the doors. Nor will it do it by the door switches in the car
so you're saying the doors will never lock?

if neither the fob, nor the door buttons work, it has to be the brain of the feature, ask the dealership to diagnose it for you...

Last edited by ohmy; 06-15-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:55 PM
JCtx
Melting Slicks

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

Again, you realize you're not going to hear anything because there're no physical door locks on this car, right?
And you also realize if you open the door with your keyfob in your pocket the car will ALWAYS let you open the door, right?
If you want to test your car, 'lock' it, put the fob far away, and try to open the door then. I bet it won't. You can also 'lock' it by pressing the 'lock' button on the door then closing the door. Trick is to test with fob away from car, so make sure you didn't leave the second fob inside the car. Good luck.

Last edited by JCtx; 06-15-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:56 PM
C6ToGo
Safety Car

Received 1,121 Likes on 695 Posts

Circuit/System Description
Driver Door Lock and Unlock Operation

The driver door lock switch lock and unlock signal circuits provide input to the driver door switch assembly (DDSA) when the driver door lock switch is activated to the Lock or Unlock position. These inputs allow the DDSA to detect a door lock or unlock request. The DDSA provides power to the driver door lock switch. When the driver door lock switch is activated, ground is supplied by G201. When the DDSA detects low voltage on a signal circuit, the DDSA will send a message on the serial data line to the remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR) to place the driver and passenger doors in lock or unlock status, disabling or enabling the power door latch.

Passenger Door Lock and Unlock Operation
The passenger door lock switch lock and unlock signal circuits provide input to the passenger door module (PDM) when the passenger door lock switch is activated to the Lock or Unlock position. These inputs allow the PDM to detect a door lock or unlock request. The PDM provides power to the passenger door lock switch. When the passenger door lock switch is activated, ground is supplied by G202. When the PDM detects low voltage on a signal circuit, the PDM will send a message on the serial data line to the remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR) to place the driver and passenger doors in lock or unlock status, disabling or enabling the power door latch.

Circuit/System Verification
Ignition ON, observe the scan tool LF door open switch parameter located in Keyless/Remote Start Data while opening and closing the driver door. The reading should toggle between OPEN and CLOSED.
⇒ If the reading does not change between the commanded states, refer to Automatic Door Locks Malfunction.

Observe the scan tool RF door open switch parameter located in Keyless/Remote Start Data while opening and closing the passenger door. The reading should toggle between OPEN and CLOSED.
⇒ If the reading does not change between the commanded states, refer to Automatic Door Locks Malfunction.

Circuit/System Testing
Door Locks Inoperative from Driver Switch
Ignition OFF, disconnect the harness connector at the driver door lock switch.
Test for less than 1.0 ohm of resistance between the ground circuit terminal C and ground.
⇒ If greater than the specified range, test the ground circuit for an open/high resistance.

Ignition ON, verify the scan tool Door Lock Switch parameter is IDLE.
⇒ If the scan tool displays LOCK, test the signal circuit terminal D for a short to ground. If the circuit tests normal, replace the DDSA.

⇒ If the scan tool displays UNLOCK, test the signal circuit terminal E for a short to ground. If the circuit tests normal, replace the DDSA.

Install a 3-A fused jumper wire between the signal circuit terminal D and ground. Verify the scan tool door lock switch parameter is LOCK.
⇒ If not the specified value, test the signal circuit terminal D for a short to voltage or an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace the DDSA.

Install a 3-A fused jumper wire between the signal circuit terminal E and ground. Verify the scan tool door lock switch parameter is UNLOCK.
⇒ If not the specified value, test the signal circuit terminal E for a short to voltage or an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace the DDSA.

If all circuits test normal, test or replace the driver door lock switch.

Door Lock Inoperative from Passenger Switch
Ignition OFF, disconnect the harness connector at the passenger door lock switch.
Test for less than 1.0 ohm of resistance between the ground circuit terminal C and ground.
⇒ If greater than the specified range, test the ground circuit for an open/high resistance.

Ignition ON, verify the scan tool Door Lock Switch parameter is IDLE.
⇒ If the scan tool displays LOCK, test the signal circuit terminal D for a short to ground. If the circuit tests normal, replace the PDM.

⇒ If the scan tool displays UNLOCK, test the signal circuit terminal E for a short to ground. If the circuit tests normal, replace the PDM.

Install a 3-A fused jumper wire between the signal circuit terminal D and ground. Verify the scan tool door lock switch parameter is LOCK.
⇒ If not the specified value, test the signal circuit terminal D for a short to voltage or an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace the PDM.

Install a 3-A fused jumper wire between the signal circuit terminal E and ground. Verify the scan tool door lock switch parameter is UNLOCK.
⇒ If not the specified value, test the signal circuit terminal E for a short to voltage or an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace the PDM.

If all circuits test normal, test or replace the passenger door lock switch.

Automatic Door Locks Inoperative
Ignition OFF, disconnect the harness connector at the inoperative door latch assembly.
Test for less than 1.0 ohm of resistance between the ground circuit and ground.

Ignition ON, verify the scan tool Door Open Switch parameter is CLOSED.
⇒ If the scan tool displays OPEN, test the signal circuit for a short to ground. If the circuit tests normal, replace the BCM.

Install a 3-A fused jumper wire between the signal circuit and ground. Verify the scan tool door open switch parameter is OPEN.
⇒ If not the specified value, test the signal circuit for a short to voltage or an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace the BCM.

If all circuits test normal, test or replace the inoperative door latch assembly.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:11 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
Again, you realize you're not going to hear anything because there're no physical door locks on this car, right?
And you also realize if you open the door with your keyfob in your pocket the car will ALWAYS let you open the door, right?
If you want to test your car, 'lock' it, put the fob far away, and try to open the door then. I bet it won't. You can also 'lock' it by pressing the 'lock' button on the door then closing the door. Trick is to test with fob away from car, so make sure you didn't leave the second fob inside the car. Good luck.
If this car is new to you, then you need to try this strategy. Stand by the car and push the lock button on the fob. You should see the front and rear lights flash. Then go and put both fobs at the other end of the house. Then go back to the car and try to open the door. If one of the fobs is in your pocket, then the car will never appear to be locked to you when you try opening it.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:34 PM
mrjd
3rd Gear

Ok we figured it out today!! I have a C5 & my friend has the C6. And didnt know about this feature on the C6. Thanks to JD's Corvettes in Bellflower, Ca he solved the problem. You can set the keyless remote when leaving the car. But returing to the car & so many feet away the car will unlock by itself. My friend bought the C6 use & didnt know about this feature. So he always thought when returning to the car that it was always unlocked!!!! Thx for the help. JD C5
Old 06-15-2012, 11:50 PM
ulllovethecarpayment
Instructor

that made me chuckle a little. not in a bad negitive or sarcastic way. but in a cute coy childish sort of way. it's like a kid finding out his sneakers are also equiped with optional rocket thrusters!
Old 06-16-2012, 12:26 AM
WarDriver
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My friend bought the C6 use & didnt know about this feature. So he always thought when returning to the car that it was always unlocked!!!! Thx for the help. JD C5

Last edited by WarDriver; 06-16-2012 at 12:32 AM.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:43 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Location: Currently somewhere in IL,IN,KY,TN,MO,AR,MS,AL, or FL
Received 228 Likes on 187 Posts

Ok we figured it out today!! I have a C5 & my friend has the C6. And didnt know about this feature on the C6. Thanks to JD's Corvettes in Bellflower, Ca he solved the problem. You can set the keyless remote when leaving the car. But returing to the car & so many feet away the car will unlock by itself. My friend bought the C6 use & didnt know about this feature. So he always thought when returning to the car that it was always unlocked!!!! Thx for the help. JD C5
Ok, now tell him another secret. The car does NOT unlock just because you get close to it. The FOB and BCM only communicate when the operator initiates an action. The door does not unlock until AFTER you try to open it by pulling on the door pad. When you close the door pad switch and the BCM sees the switch closed, THEN the BCM sends out a signal to see if there are any recognized FOBs very close to the door. When the FOB receives this signal it returns its ID which the BCM then compares to the IDs stored in its memory. If there is a match the BCM sends power to the latch solenoid. If there is no FOB response or the ID doesn't match, the BCM simply ignores the "open the door" request. The door doesn't open so it appears to mere mortals as if it is somehow locked.
Old 12-19-2015, 01:12 PM
faychinc6
Heel & Toe

on c6 Both fobs went dead battery at same time so had to open hatch with key crawl in and put fob in slot to start car and open doors.
Caution: doors would not open with pull release in hatch. opened partially but not full release. Seems wrong to me. Later found that doors would open with pull if press door open pad at same time.
Old 12-19-2015, 08:29 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by faychinc6
on c6 Both fobs went dead battery at same time so had to open hatch with key crawl in and put fob in slot to start car and open doors.
Caution: doors would not open with pull release in hatch. opened partially but not full release. Seems wrong to me. Later found that doors would open with pull if press door open pad at same time.
Way to revive a thread that's been dead for 3 1/2 years!
Old 12-19-2015, 08:44 PM
HBsurfer
Le Mans Master

Received 1,108 Likes on 708 Posts

Originally Posted by faychinc6
Drivers door does open when you pull on the release in the back. Your release is not working properly

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Power Door Locks

Quick Reply: C6 Power Door Locks