C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for the Chevy people! Clutch to the floor, master cylinder gone

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Ling Ling
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for the Chevy people! Clutch to the floor, master cylinder gone

2008 Corvette LS3 clutch springs to floor even if you tap it. It will only come back if pulled. Happened before pretty much same as last time, I went to start my car but when I pushed in the clutch it stayed there. Apparently this is a common problems on vettes, so they changed the master cylinder no questions asked. But now a little over a year later the same thing has happened, but when I called the dealership they said it would cost $750 to replace. I find that a little ridiculous especially after hearing my friend say they had a guy on this forum with a similar problem who got it covered for free bc it was a type of recall even with an expired warranty. I do not abuse the car or anything, so I ask you this corvette forum do you know anyone or anyway I would be able to get this covered by no cost also??? Your input is much appreciated

Quick Reply: Question for the Chevy people! Clutch to the floor, master cylinder gone