C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Interior Not That Bad

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 08:13 AM
j_digi454
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by george vee
I like my interior

I do too.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:21 AM
studiovette
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by j_digi454
I do too.
By the way why doesn't George show us what his interior looks like now after his DSV wheel and other interior mods he has done. Again I would love to see a fully stock interior I bet almost no one has one. The first thing most do is change the center console lid to a padded one. Let me guess everyone loves their rock hard vinyl cover also right ?
Old 06-08-2012, 08:47 AM
JKbride
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 11 Posts
W. GA Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15

I have zero issues with my interior, but the real bell weather for me is Mrs. JKbride, who loves the seats and interior. The bolsters hold firm and after owning Fbodys for the last 25 years I have learned how to get in and out of these kinds of cars with out scuffing up the bolsters.

It's not an Audi or Benz and those are different cars after a different market.

Keep your seats conditioned, watch how you get in and out and it's all good

Old 06-08-2012, 08:59 AM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by studiovette
Again I would love to see a fully stock interior I bet almost no one has one.

Just finished a 4,000 mile road trip and was comfortable the entire time.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:00 AM
StanNH
Le Mans Master

Received 1,221 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by P0234
I wouldn't say the corvette interior is bad, but when you start comparing it to an Audi, lets not compare on the looks of the door alone. Compare the feel of the switches and controls. Some of the vette stuff, like the window switches feel like they came out of a Cavalier. Take a look at the dash, the gauges and their layout. Lastly, the leather in German cars is amazing with just basic care, it looks great after 100k.
Totally agree. I've owned 3 Audi's, and they are the standard for interior quality and ergonomics. It's not just the look, it's the quality of the materials and the feel of the controls.

The C6 has a decent interior .. it looks good and is comfortable. But.. you wouldn't find a cheap plastic ashtray door and a stupid interior light switch that goes on with a touch of your knee on any other $50-100K car. The center stack is poorly integrated and archaic. The stalk switches are a GM throw back and don't belong on this car. The same can be said for the manually adjustable seat backs and awkwardly placed seat controls.

I've owned two C6's and am very aware of both the cars' strong points and weaknesses. The seats, while certainly comfortable, are not adequate for high performance driving. Switches and materials are well below world class for this price range. Yes, the performance is awesome and the cars look great. Still, I'm certain the C7 will have to address the car's shortcomings to be truly competitive in a world market.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:01 AM
Jimmy W1
Melting Slicks

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

I like my interior. I do wish the seats were made a little better so that they wouldn't wear and tear so easily.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:13 AM
mike72
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lets face some facts for a minute. The corvette has always been the economy version of the supercars. It has always been able to hold it's own or even be better in a straight line or on a road course with other makes costing two or more times as much. I think most of the detractors will never be happy with the Corvette because their heart is set on the more expensive cars that they can't afford, so they settle on a Corvette. Then, because they have settled for a lower priced version, they constantly whine about what they don't have. In truth, only a small percentage of the public would be willing, or have the resourses to pay the price for an upscaled version of the Corvette which would cost in excess of $100,000 and GM knows this. The corvette is far from perfect, but you can't do better for the same amount of money.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:33 AM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,074 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by studiovette
By the way why doesn't George show us what his interior looks like now after his DSV wheel and other interior mods he has done. Again I would love to see a fully stock interior I bet almost no one has one. The first thing most do is change the center console lid to a padded one. Let me guess everyone loves their rock hard vinyl cover also right ?
Ok here are my minor DSV and APSIS mods, console lid, door pulls, elbow rests and steering wheel with real CF parts

Last edited by george vee; 06-08-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:12 AM
HalfMoon
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by george vee
Ok here are my minor DSV and APSIS mods, console lid, door pulls, elbow rests and steering wheel with real CF parts
I like that steering wheel and I may have to get one.

Looks a lot like the stock wheel in my GTI, which makes me disappointed a little when I'm not driving it.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:30 AM
RLove
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the interiors in Corvettes are pretty decent. My only complaint was the Nav screen was horrible. In my comparison, our Lexus screen was sharp and easy to read, the Corvettes was pixelized and dim...and the Lexus was a year older than the Vette. However, the woman talking was friendlier sounding in the Corvette.

I agree the money is best spent on performance, but in a huge purchase like this, how much more would a decent screen cost?
Old 06-08-2012, 12:51 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

I wouldn't compare the Corvette's interior, even the 4LT, to an interior from an Audi. Maybe base interior in the A4 is not as good as the Vettes but it is a $40k car also.

However I still like the Corvette's interior a lot especially the ergonomics of it. It is real comfortable and everything is right at your fingertips.

Also just to be fair you should compare the A6 interior to the Corvette's since they are in the same price range. Even the A8 interior one of the nicest out there and it is around the same price as a loaded Z06. Granted they are totally different cars and both have their pros over the other.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Presidentialpawn
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The layout , the design is not a problem in a Corvette. It is in my opinion very good and understated. The materials they are using to make the parts are far inferior to any upscale cars in the World. The cheap, undefined grain plastic and cheap vinyl-leather combination, not very even edges on some plastic, etc. This all looks great on the photograph but it is disappointed in a real life. Some people will not be able to tell the difference between the appointments, not everybody has the same attention to details. The Corvette is an excellent base for customizing cause it comes at an attractive price point. You can turn it into a fantastic product if you put 50 000 in it on top of the purchase price and you will still be below the other comparable brands. Call Apsis, great work, don't expect cheap. If you want cheap stay with what came from the factory and just overlook it. Drive a heck out of it- it's not a collectible and will never be.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:54 PM
SanDiegoBert
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by J Willis
I like my interior. I do wish the seats were made a little better so that they wouldn't wear and tear so easily.
The problem is, your remarks are going to be interpreted (by some) as "whining", when in reality, you are suggesting that they need to be improved.

In fact, the materials need to be improved.

Quick Reply: Corvette Interior Not That Bad