C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Interior Not That Bad

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 06:32 PM
schmegeggie
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally, I find the interior to be quite comfortable. I have the 3LT package which allows for lumbar adjustments, and I like that! I bought a set of Wet Okole seat covers a little over a year ago, mainly to protect the leather seats, and found the additional cushioning to make the seats just about right! I highly recommend them. Even with the $330 price tag!
Hell, my 70 y/o Dad and I drove to Iowa last year and his only complaint was the lack of cushioning on the center console, which I've also fixed.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:45 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by mike72
... It makes no sense to compare them to other sports cars costing over twice as much, or cars that are more of a touring sedan than a sports car no matter what the price. I would be embarrassed to spend my money on something and then whine and nitpick it to death like some of our members do. Why would anyone buy something they don't like and then whine about it on a public forum? I doubt that anyone on here was forced to buy one.
Damn, you get it Mike.

Thank you.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:21 PM
Scruff Vette
Safety Car

Received 882 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by 3GenVettes
Personally, I like the vettes interior. Higher quality materials would be welcome that show less bolster wear, but overall it suits me just fine.
Yep, another satisfied voter here.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:33 PM
laconiajack
Safety Car

I paid extra for the two-toned perforated leather seats interior, but until I purchased and installed after-market two-tone padded leather center console and arm rests, two-tone gear shift and emergency brake boots, contrasting leather dash board "Corvette" lettering, other extras like padded roof headliners, carpeted "Vette-bins" and cargo compartment divider, seat belt warning label covers, etc., etc. the Corvette interior really screamed "cheap, cheap, cheap", pure and simple. The original equipment brake and gear-shift boots, as an example, were made of incredibly cheap, thin, and paper-like imitation "leatherette" material of such low quality I couldn't believe they would be used on even the cheapest cars ever produced on the planet Earth.

Last edited by laconiajack; 06-07-2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:45 PM
3LZZ06
_"SCOTT"_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

To have the factory performance, and a user friendly comfy interior, I have no complaints whatsoever...

Old 06-07-2012, 09:48 PM
SanDiegoBert
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mike72
The C6 is my 15th Corvette. I have owned at least one of each generation except the C5. I think the C6 has the best interior(including the seats) of them all. It makes no sense to compare them to other sports cars costing over twice as much, or cars that are more of a touring sedan than a sports car no matter what the price. I would be embarrased to spend my money on something and then whine and nitpick it to death like some of our members do. Why would anyone buy something they don't like and then whine about it on a public forum? I doubt that anyone on here was forced to buy one.
If you don't think the interior could be at all improved, fine. Many, including me, think it could be done much better. Especially concerning the quality of the materials used. The seats show wear prematurely, the plastic is creaky, etc.

However, the layout of the instrument panel is dead-nuts perfect.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:53 PM
MKenM
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 279 Likes on 126 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18,'21

Originally Posted by laconiajack
I paid extra for the two-toned perforated leather seats interior, but until I purchased and installed after-market two-tone padded leather center console and arm rests, two-tone gear shift and emergency brake boots, contrasting leather dash board "Corvette" lettering, other extras like padded roof headliners, carpeted "Vette-bins" and cargo compartment divider, seat belt warning label covers, etc., etc. the Corvette interior really screamed "cheap, cheap, cheap", pure and simple. The original equipment brake and gear-shift boots, as an example, were made of incredibly cheap, thin, and paper-like imitation "leatherette" material of such low quality I couldn't believe they would be used on even the cheapest cars ever produced on the planet Earth.
Love my 3LT interior, no offense but after reading so many of your posts and I have come to know that you are known for this. WHY........why do you own a Corvette
Old 06-07-2012, 09:55 PM
Rogers 07
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

My only complaint is with the seat bolster, It was worn through in about 30,000 miles. So it looks bad, However, The seats are comfortable and work well for daily drivers like myself.
The rest of the interior looks great, The gauges are perfectly layed out, And quite frankly, The Bose sound system sounds great to me !!!
Old 06-07-2012, 10:05 PM
laconiajack
Safety Car

Originally Posted by MKenM
Love my 3LT interior, no offense but after reading so many of your posts and I have come to know that you are known for this. WHY........why do you own a Corvette
I own a Corvette because it is one extremely sexy vehicle, a great performance value for the money, and it goes like hell. That doesn't mean I love its cheap-*** interior. I'm not so insecure that I find any criticism of the Corvette upsetting, unlike some. Chill-out, it's only a Chevrolet.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:14 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by SanDiegoBert
If you don't think the interior could be at all improved, fine. ....
Amigo, Mike never said anything of the sort!

Old 06-07-2012, 10:15 PM
eyoung3sm
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by valet_devil
Two things. I rode in my friend's Lexus LS 430 (previous generation) and saw he had an identical Nav unit as the C6. That shouldn't be too surprising considering it's made by a Japanese country.

Below is another friend's S4 interior. The doors look no better than a 1/2LZ.

My 4LT is very nice with stitched leather.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:17 PM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,076 Likes on 533 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

I like my interior

Old 06-07-2012, 10:19 PM
studiovette
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I guarantee whoever is saying they love their interiors has a piece of DSV or other vendors leather goods or carbon fiber pieces etc... Why would we be on here day after day spending cash to mod our interiors? C'mon get real guys. I can understand a base corvette having some cheaper materials to keep costs down. But to see a z06 and zr1 with the same cheap material and parts gives Corvette a bad rap. That's why you hear all these idiot commentators and magazines tearing the corvettes interior apart all the time. I guaranatee that's going to change with the C7 you already see signs of it going into the 2012 model year. GM and the corvette designers are finally paying attn to the details we wanna see. The bottom line is that Corvette is an American icon with amazing performance and styling on the outside, but truly lacks it on the inside.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:20 PM
1BADLS3
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 05blkbeauty
Just got back from a 450 mi trip in the Mo. Ozarks. My 05 C-6 has the most comfortable seats I have ever had in any vehicle! My wife loves the seats (she can hardly stay awake) , when we stop for a pit stop, we both noticed when we get out we were not stiff like we have been in most cars. I've had many types of vehicles, including Buicks to SUV's, and I'm very impressed with the 'Vette seats. The lumbar support is fantastic! Maybe they are not the best for all-out racing, but for everyday driving they are superb.
I agree completely!
Old 06-07-2012, 10:29 PM
MLMike25
Instructor

I don't think the interior is that bad. I think the nav screen is embarrassing, but other than that I don't have huge complaints.

When compared to Porsches and Ferrari's, sure I can see the complaints, but if GM made Corvette interior on par with those cars, it would definitely be a more expensive car. Vette is a bargain for a reason.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:46 PM
Carver Electrics
Drifting

Originally Posted by MKenM
This guy has quite the reputation.. His posts are at best ..
Old 06-07-2012, 10:55 PM
su8pack1
Team Owner

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I've never had a problem with my interior. It's fine with me.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Interior Not That Bad

Old 06-07-2012, 11:20 PM
Texan1Z06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 6GenVettes
Which Japanese country is it made by?
South Japan, Duhhhh
Old 06-08-2012, 07:41 AM
mike72
Pro

Originally Posted by SanDiegoBert
If you don't think the interior could be at all improved, fine. Many, including me, think it could be done much better. Especially concerning the quality of the materials used. The seats show wear prematurely, the plastic is creaky, etc.

However, the layout of the instrument panel is dead-nuts perfect.
Anything in life can be improved upon. I knew what the car was before buying it so I have never felt the need to whine about what I do not like about it. Suggesting improvements is one thing but saying this part or that is total crap as some have said just shows that they may have more money than sense. Why buy something and then be so negative? It is the constant whining of some members that I can't stand. Spend time on all the other forums and you will not see such comments about quality. The owners in the C1, C2, C3, C4, and C5 knew exactly what they were buying so as a rule, they don't find the need to be so negative. Personally, I will be glad when the C7 comes out so that all these people with more money than common sense will buy one and move to the C7 section.

One last point and I am finished. Anyone who tries to compare the Corvette to a Lexus, Acura, Infinity, etc. needs to rethink their reason for buying a corvette in the first palce.

Last edited by mike72; 06-08-2012 at 08:03 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:00 AM
B-Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

The design of the C6 interior is ok but the quality of the seats is nothing to write home about. People on CF that are saying they love their seats in their new 2012 aren't comparing apples to apples to those of us who own 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 models.

It took 5 years of complaining, (mostly on this site) for GM to wake up and put better seats in, just before the launch of the C7 - coincidence? Not likely!

Quick Reply: Corvette Interior Not That Bad