C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Vid! Longtubes and X pipe with NPP M2W

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 09:18 AM
08LS3Vette
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Exhaust Vid! Longtubes and X pipe with NPP M2W

I finally have the raw beast back that I missed from my last Vette!! I ordered LG Street Series longtubes and X pipe (no cats) from JWMotoring (super quick shipping btw!!) and had them installed Wednesday! I couldn't be happier with the outcome!! With the NPP exhaust and M2W it's the perfect setup! Insanely loud raw beastiness when open and a little louder than stock when closed lol.... I'm going to get it dyno tuned next week hopefully so I'll post up the numbers then.

This is just a quick clip as I didn't want to **** off my neighbors too much lol. I'll make a better vid soon and some driving too. The video doesn't do it justice btw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_icaT...ature=youtu.be
Old 05-25-2012, 09:49 AM
08LS3Vette
Instructor

Shiny metal pipes look good lol
Old 05-25-2012, 12:05 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,100 Likes on 811 Posts

Very nice setup quiet when closed and roared when you got on it open, awesome sound
Old 05-25-2012, 12:19 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

As I have suggested in 2 other Threads:

Or you could have left the cats intact and been compliant with Federal Law and environmentally conscious about future generations quality of air.

The very few ponies gained without cats are not worth adding to the burden of those with respiratory challenges.

I'm certain those with breathing issues are delighted you got a raw beast that pisses off your neighbors at the expense of others health. You could reconsider ? ? ? ?
Old 05-25-2012, 03:56 PM
08LS3Vette
Instructor

Originally Posted by peter pan
Very nice setup quiet when closed and roared when you got on it open, awesome sound
Thanks! I love it!!

Originally Posted by michaelinmech

Or you could have left the cats intact and been compliant with Federal Law and environmentally conscious about future generations quality of air.

The very few ponies gained without cats are not worth adding to the burden of those with respiratory challenges.

I'm certain those with breathing issues are delighted you got a raw beast that pisses off your neighbors at the expense of others health. You could reconsider ? ? ? ?
I chose no cats for personal preference, mostly for sound. There's slightly more power without cats but it is also louder and gives a better (raw) sound. There are numerous POS vehicles on the road that are much worse than my car and in my state if your car is '95 or older you don't even have an emissions inspection. Having said that I see cars on a daily basis that smoke, leak, pollute worse than my car. In addition to these there are numerous transport/transfer trucks, trains, industries, oil spills, landfills, etc that all contribute to pollution that I guarantee are worse than my car. People that smoke cigarettes annoy me but that's their choice and I don't really care. Do I care that they affect my breathing? Nope. Everyone pollutes in some way or fashion. In the grand scheme of things my car without cats really doesn't make a difference.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:15 PM
RPA_KNUT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

^ this is we can do what we want
Old 05-25-2012, 06:54 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Way to mild for me. I'm quite surprised it's so quiet with the offroad x-pipe.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:04 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 08LS3Vette
Thanks! I love it!!

I chose no cats for personal preference, mostly for sound. There's slightly more power without cats but it is also louder and gives a better (raw) sound. There are numerous POS vehicles on the road that are much worse than my car and in my state if your car is '95 or older you don't even have an emissions inspection. Having said that I see cars on a daily basis that smoke, leak, pollute worse than my car. In addition to these there are numerous transport/transfer trucks, trains, industries, oil spills, landfills, etc that all contribute to pollution that I guarantee are worse than my car. People that smoke cigarettes annoy me but that's their choice and I don't really care. Do I care that they affect my breathing? Nope. Everyone pollutes in some way or fashion. In the grand scheme of things my car without cats really doesn't make a difference.

Everything you say about other offending vehicles is true - I won't begin to debate any of it. But someone has to take a stand and choose to make a difference. Those who can afford the luxury of Corvette ownership and the further luxury to mod them, may be a influential group to begin with. I'm just saying you have a choice to make a personal small difference with your car and a bigger opportunity to shape opinion by modding legally and promoting clean air responsibility.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:57 PM
lordofwar
Melting Slicks

Received 546 Likes on 378 Posts

WTF?

are you kidding?do you really think guys that mod their cars are killing the air?how about diesel buses,trucks,jet planes?should we consider banning those also so the "respiratory challenged" might breathe better?how about the millions of chineese and indians who drive cars with no pollution devises?maybe you should go over their and tell them what you stated here and see what they say and do to you.L.O.L
Old 05-25-2012, 10:58 PM
lordofwar
Melting Slicks

Received 546 Likes on 378 Posts

Shiny metal pipes look good lol
sounds great.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:14 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

sounds good..

and btw - ur a real air dirty upper....
Old 05-26-2012, 06:13 AM
teenVette
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Great sound. Hopefully I'll get to hear it around Fayetteville next month
Old 05-26-2012, 10:56 AM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by lordofwar
WTF?

are you kidding?do you really think guys that mod their cars are killing the air?how about diesel buses,trucks,jet planes?should we consider banning those also so the "respiratory challenged" might breathe better?how about the millions of chineese and indians who drive cars with no pollution devises?maybe you should go over their and tell them what you stated here and see what they say and do to you.L.O.L

I would not even begin to disagree with your points about other offending vehicles and countries. You are mostly correct. But I don't think it's wrong to suggest that Corvette owners could make a small yet impactful difference.

Everyone is free to do what they will with their cars - I have not stated otherwise. I am only suggesting consideration for modding one's car legally and responsibly, nothing more.

FYI: According to Title II of the EPA Clean Air Act (Enacted Jan 1 1988)
. . . your car must have a gas conversion device of some manner. If not, both you and the installer are punishable of a Federal Offense by Section 205 (a). The operator's fine can be no more than $2,500 and the installation agency no more than $25,000.
Old 05-26-2012, 03:47 PM
SDatl404
Instructor

I would not even begin to disagree with your points about other offending vehicles and countries. You are mostly correct. But I don't think it's wrong to suggest that Corvette owners could make a small yet impactful difference.

Everyone is free to do what they will with their cars - I have not stated otherwise. I am only suggesting consideration for modding one's car legally and responsibly, nothing more.

FYI: According to Title II of the EPA Clean Air Act (Enacted Jan 1 1988)
. . . your car must have a gas conversion device of some manner. If not, both you and the installer are punishable of a Federal Offense by Section 205 (a). The operator's fine can be no more than $2,500 and the installation agency no more than $25,000.
Maybe you should focus more on China instead of a vette owner with no cats...

The smug in this thread is unreal...

Old 05-26-2012, 04:50 PM
hw3__
Instructor

Old 05-26-2012, 05:30 PM
TCW
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 247 Likes on 178 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-13,'16-'17, '19

I chose no cats for personal preference, mostly for sound. There's slightly more power without cats but it is also louder and gives a better (raw) sound.
I just installed the LG Streets on my car today. I have not decided to use the hi-flow cats or the straight pipes. I was told that you get a bad smell if you don't use the cats. Did you experience that?

Also did you get a SES light without your 02 sensors that monitor the condition of the cats?

Tom
Old 05-26-2012, 06:42 PM
JW Motorsports
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 265 Likes on 253 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'19,'22

Heck yeah nice man! Thanks again for the header purchase.

Get notified of new replies

To Exhaust Vid! Longtubes and X pipe with NPP M2W

Old 05-26-2012, 06:43 PM
JW Motorsports
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 265 Likes on 253 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'19,'22

Originally Posted by TCW
I just installed the LG Streets on my car today. I have not decided to use the hi-flow cats or the straight pipes. I was told that you get a bad smell if you don't use the cats. Did you experience that?

Also did you get a SES light without your 02 sensors that monitor the condition of the cats?

Tom
You will for sure get a code. Any tuner can turn those off. I have mine off with hi flows.

Me personally I hated the smell without cats. I don't believe it bothers him as I believe this is his second catless set.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:02 PM
RED08VETTE
Instructor

That sounds pretty mean, I like it and I was thinking of doing the same except with the Pro Series and off-road x-pipe and keeping the npp exhaust. Thanks for the video.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:33 PM
carpe dm
Le Mans Master

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

Quick Reply: Exhaust Vid! Longtubes and X pipe with NPP M2W