C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why do some buy a Corvette and never use it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Jimmy W1
Melting Slicks

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by sakins.02vert
I don't think OP's question is that crazy. Not sure why so many are upset here.. You don't like the question don't answer it.

As far as the question. Depends on what you mean by "use". We all use our vettes in different ways. Tinker, clean, mod, drive, etc.. As long as we're happy that's all that matters.
I agree. Please see post #48........
Old 05-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Jimmy W1
Melting Slicks

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by not08crmanymore
I bought a perfect example of this in March.A 2 owner 08 with 8054 miles on it.Not only that,one of those 2 prior owners spent what amounts to probably 4000 bucks for black ZR1 wheels,VARARAM, rear z06 painted spoiler and a TUNE AND HEADERS!!!I have been thanking them ever since I found the car.
And you probably paid more for it, than a higher mileage car, too. And if it would have had 108,054 miles, you probably wouldn't have given it a second look. So, you sort of resemble a dog chasing your own contradictional tail, so to speak. Right?..........
Old 05-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Antonio1988
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by P0234
Its one of life's biggest FU's, you get enough money to buy all the stuff you wanted, but you never have the time to enjoy it.
This is the truth, but you must make an effort to enjoy what you can at every opportunity. We all have an expiration date, enjoy life while it lasts
Old 05-11-2012, 12:39 PM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Received 677 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by Antonio1988
This is the truth, but you must make an effort to enjoy what you can at every opportunity. We all have an expiration date, enjoy life while it lasts
No one lives forever. No one. But with advances in modern science and my high level of income, I mean, it's not crazy to think I can't live to be 245, maybe 300.

Disclaimer: I do not have a high level of income but this seemed fitting. lol
Old 05-11-2012, 01:22 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by sakins.02vert
I don't think OP's question is that crazy. Not sure why so many are upset here.. You don't like the question don't answer it.

As far as the question. Depends on what you mean by "use". We all use our vettes in different ways. Tinker, clean, mod, drive, etc.. As long as we're happy that's all that matters.
In bold is just the point, those of us who are not only happy with our corvettes, but who we are, aren't concerned with how much others drive their corvettes or live their lives for that matter. People all the time everywhere and on this forum are always criticizing those who dont drive their vettes that much and seem to have some sort of envy that some of us just cant understand...live and let live. Its a mind set thats related to too many damn people in this country telling others how to clean up their backyards while their own backyard is a mess..then some of them will chime in with that "dude, u need to relax bull$hit" when some1 is only calling it like it is..the quote below further explains...

Originally Posted by petermj
The world is full of busy bodies ready to judge others in lieu of facing their own shortcomings I do not think any of my neighbors even know I have a yellow Z06 and I am perfectly fine with it I park my silver base in the front garage and that is all they ever see

Last edited by Boba Fett; 05-11-2012 at 02:40 PM. Reason: shortened
Old 05-11-2012, 01:31 PM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Originally Posted by bobafett
In bold is just the point, those of us who are not only happy with our corvettes, but who we are, aren't concerned with how much others drive their corvettes or live their lives for that matter. People all the time everywhere and on this forum are always criticizing those who dont drive their vettes that much and seem to have some sort of envy that some of us just cant understand...live and let live. Its a mind set thats related to too many damn people in this country telling others how to clean up their backyards while their own backyard is a mess..then some of them will chime in with that "dude, u need to relax bull$hit" when all some1 is really doing is calling it like it is..the quote below further explains...
I got a slap on the butt in here for changing a letter in a swear word so watch out. lol But......I actually had two words that form the swear word with a letter in each changed which in the rules says you must change more than 1 letter (if I remember correctly) so I shouldnt ahve been slappirood.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:04 PM
AHW219
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For DD I drive 2011 550i, it is more practical for business purposes. So the only time I drive vette is on weekends going to golf. To be honest I really don't know the exact mileage, its nine thousand something on a 07 vette. I never bought a car with resale in consideration. If I do get rid of it and someone enjoys a pristine car with low mileage great! I'm happy for him/her.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:28 PM
Antonio1988
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tls_addict
no one lives forever. No one. But with advances in modern science and my high level of income, i mean, it's not crazy to think i can't live to be 245, maybe 300.

Disclaimer: I do not have a high level of income but this seemed fitting. Lol
ricky bobby!!!!
Old 05-11-2012, 02:37 PM
Too-Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 801 Likes on 541 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

My 'vettes get driven only May through October and about 600-700 miles per year, I like them looking new, just my preference and that is all that matters.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:43 PM
LOUSVETTE
NCM Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by landsteam
I also see Corvettes for sale with very low mileage.
It's like people buy it just to look at it.
How many on this forum use the car on a regular basis?
They go down in value even if the just sit in the garage.
Because they are nuts!! But that's what they like and that's all that matters. MIne is my daily driver and I drive in as long as its not snowing and there is no snow on the ground. To each their own.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:50 PM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Antonio1988
ricky bobby!!!!

Originally Posted by Too-Fast
My 'vettes get driven only May through October and about 600-700 miles per year, I like them looking new, just my preference and that is all that matters.
With all due respect, and remember, I'm saying, with all due respect. That idea ain't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin' it on.

Dont blame you and if someone enjoys their car that is all that matters!
Old 05-11-2012, 02:51 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,254 Likes on 708 Posts

Originally Posted by LS3 MN6
I'm starting to think that this thread could only happen here in the US (I notice most people posting are in the US).In most other countries people expect to be judged how they live their lives and spend their own money.

No where else in the world (except maybe Canada) would you have a bunch of people jumping up and down screaming "It's my money and I'll spend it how ever I want and how dare you judge me!"
Thank God for America and Canada...

Old 05-11-2012, 04:08 PM
AV8ForFun
Racer

Originally Posted by TLS_Addict

With all due respect, and remember, I'm saying, with all due respect. That idea ain't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin' it on.

Dont blame you and if someone enjoys their car that is all that matters!
He said it with all due respect!!!!
Old 05-11-2012, 04:14 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

I average around 10k a year with a non daily driver. I bought it to enjoy driving it. Screw resale value which means you'll get your money back about 25/30 years from now. Of course by then 50k won't buy a subcompact.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Kwagnerhvac
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm sorry OP, I will work on driving mine more. Please don't be angry.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:22 PM
Sigo
Advanced

Originally Posted by Red Racer
Horrors!!

This pic is gonna give us garage-queen owners nightmares!!

j/k....Glad to see somebody REALLY using their Corvette..
Dirt roads are often best after a light rain and a beer between the legs.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:25 PM
Sigo
Advanced

Originally Posted by Too-Fast
Lived across the interstate from you as a kid in the 80's. Built a new home...used to get chased off of the pond (aka the lake) quite often by apartment security. Good times.

Get notified of new replies

To Why do some buy a Corvette and never use it?

Old 05-11-2012, 05:24 PM
landsteam
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 36 Posts

I am the OP, and most people are reading too much into it.
I was just asking about who drives their car on a regular basis.
When I wrote use I should of wrote drive.
I was speaking to someone about my new car and he told me that he drove his C6 only 20 times in the four years he owned it. I just thought that was strange to never use it. From most of the comments I guess it's the norm to buy one and not drive it.
If you don't drive your car then the post doesn't apply to you.

Last edited by landsteam; 05-11-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:42 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by landsteam
I am the OP, and most people are reading too much into it.
I was just asking about who drives their car on a regular basis.
When I wrote use I should of wrote drive.
I was speaking to someone about my new car and he told me that he drove his C6 only 20 times in the four years he owned it. I just thought that was strange to never use it. From most of the comments I guess it's the norm to buy one and not drive it.
If you don't drive your car then the post doesn't apply to you.
Maybe you should think about it before giving your thread inflamatory title? There is no meaningful discussion here and unlike your original post, the title cannot be edited. With that said, hopefully this thread will be locked shortly.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:05 PM
Too-Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 801 Likes on 541 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by petermj
Maybe you should think about it before giving your thread inflamatory title? There is no meaningful discussion here and unlike your original post, the title cannot be edited. With that said, hopefully this thread will be locked shortly.
I do NOT agree.

Quick Reply: Why do some buy a Corvette and never use it?