Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Corvette General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Albums Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ
Search
C6 Corvette General Discussion
General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
PFYC

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 05-04-2012, 11:19 PM   #1
Steve2150
CF Senior Member

Default Splash Guards

Was thinking of ordering the splash guards for my 2011 arctic white coupe 1lt from parts-taxi. Was wondering are they hard to install , do they use existing fasteners or must new screws and holes to attach to the fenders.
Steve2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:22 PM   #2
vetteright
CF Senior Member

The front ones use existing fasteners (actually you replace the existing ones with slightly larger ones included in the kit). You will need to drill two holes for each of the rears. Very easy to install. A floor jack, a lug wrench, a torque wrench and a drill are all you need.
vetteright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:29 PM   #3
cmonkey713
CF Senior Member

Easy install. I have done several sets and i have found that it is much easier if you remove the rear wheels for working room. Do a test fit before removing the high bond tape protection strip. Watch the placement on the uppermost part of the piece, Make sure it is aligned perfectly before sticking it down. You only get one shot at this so take your time.
cmonkey713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:31 PM   #4
MlwYlw
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonkey713 View Post
Easy install. I have done several sets and i have found that it is much easier if you remove the rear wheels for working room. Do a test fit before removing the high bond tape protection strip. Watch the placement on the uppermost part of the piece, Make sure it is aligned perfectly before sticking it down. You only get one shot at this so take your time.
I agree ... piece of cake & look great!
MlwYlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:47 PM   #5
R&L's C6
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteright View Post
The front ones use existing fasteners (actually you replace the existing ones with slightly larger ones included in the kit). You will need to drill two holes for each of the rears. Very easy to install. A floor jack, a lug wrench, a torque wrench and a drill are all you need.

I just installed a set today and actually its four but it's in the wheel well liner and not the quarter panel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonkey713 View Post
R&L's C6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:59 PM   #6
Just Buy It
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

I should have done this when I first got my car. GM should have included them out of the factory. Mine has a bad case of road rash. So who cares! Its car that you love to drive and if you want a mint garage queen the original buyer is the loser.
Just Buy It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:33 AM   #7
BOB'S C6
CF Senior Member

That's where I got mine, Real easy install and look great! Very happy with the GM splash guards.
BOB'S C6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:33 AM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Corvette General Discussion
Reload this Page Splash Guards

Tags
2000, c6, corvette, guards, removal, splash