C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To All Who Have Done The Museum Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 12:04 PM
corvettekathy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rdWish
Mine got put on the floor on Dec 10,2009 and I didn't pick it up until Dec 28th. It was pleasure and agony. If you're only looking a couple time a day, you have more self control than I did!

Lori is the BEST! Shoot her an email and if it's there she'll let you know. I ask her if there was a way to take a couple of photos of the car from the floor along with a pic of the owner sign they post at your car and she took care of me with a couple of good photos. Just ask. She's great to work with.

Just a quick funny story. I sent one of the photos Lori took of my car from a side view and sent it to my mom. She said, "I've never seen a Corvette with that kind of striping on it. It's different but pretty". It took me a minute to figure out what she was talking about. The car was behind the security railing. She thought it was stipes . It gave me a good laugh I just love my momma!

Enjoy your new car. You'll be smiling for a long time
Love the stripe story!!!

Now I want to call Lori and have her take pics...she might kill me if I call her again....
Old 05-04-2012, 01:28 PM
jack5hd
Burning Brakes

They are all really good people at the museum.gary gaddis was my delivery guy.he likes guns,eric clapton and fast cars.so do i:d
Old 05-04-2012, 03:41 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 153 Likes on 73 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

J.R.,

Congratulations on your new Corvette and on your upcoming museum delivery. Nothing abnormal about being excited and nothing abnormal about checking the webcams. Lots of folks do it.

The delivery team is swamped right now. With the truncated model year, summer shut down looming and the plant closing to all tours in mid September, folks seem to be clamoring to get their tours and deliveries in now. There was also a delay as you thought due to the bash but it was just compounded with the model year change happening so early.

From inquiries I've made in the past I know as a general rule, the NCM will not provide information as to what camera the car will be on (nor can they guarantee a particular camera) or provide pictures of the car in prep or at the nursery stage. I know sometimes when things are slow exceptions are made but when things are busy rules are more strictly followed.

You will have the time of your life. Enjoy your visit to our fair city!

Paul
Old 05-04-2012, 03:46 PM
corvettekathy
Instructor

Originally Posted by talon90
J.R.,

Congratulations on your new Corvette and on your upcoming museum delivery. Nothing abnormal about being excited and nothing abnormal about checking the webcams. Lots of folks do it.

The delivery team is swamped right now. With the truncated model year, summer shut down looming and the plant closing to all tours in mid September, folks seem to be clamoring to get their tours and deliveries in now. There was also a delay as you thought due to the bash but it was just compounded with the model year change happening so early.

From inquiries I've made in the past I know as a general rule, the NCM will not provide information as to what camera the car will be on (nor can they guarantee a particular camera) or provide pictures of the car in prep or at the nursery stage. I know sometimes when things are slow exceptions are made but when things are busy rules are more strictly followed.

Paul
After making two phone calls about two different things, I can confirm this! I also asked about the photo and was told no by Gary. I'll just take them when I get there! I'm just getting a little too excited for my own good!
Old 05-04-2012, 06:49 PM
JRS_MY_C5
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by talon90
J.R.,

Paul
Paul, thanks for the info. That all makes sense. I forgot about the summer shut down. I've been watching the webcams and they've been moving a lot of cars.

Originally Posted by corvettekathy
Love the stripe story!!!

Now I want to call Lori and have her take pics...she might kill me if I call her again....
Kathy,

I feel the same way. I feel like I've been bugging her but I've been sending her e-mails because I feel that they are less intrusive. She probably thinks I'm a nut!

J.R.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:52 PM
hisvett
Melting Slicks

Received 384 Likes on 244 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Had a friend at work snap a few while picking up the keys

Old 05-04-2012, 07:55 PM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,589 Likes on 1,626 Posts

Originally Posted by su8pack1
And I took screen shots, way back in Nov 05

Same here in July 06
Old 05-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Big Lebowski
Le Mans Master

Received 4,024 Likes on 1,693 Posts

Lol...short answer, YES! I have hundreds of screen shots, from a friend who sat there and painstakingly screen captured them while I took delivery. It was a hoot for all my friends that couldn't be there.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:34 PM
PaulB
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

My first Museum Delivery was back in April 1998. I still remember it well. It was on a Nassau Blue C5 1998 Coupe. When I got home I discovered the Wood Plaque had the C4 emblem on it. I called the Museum and they discovered they had forgot to change over to the C5 emblems. They mailed me the correct emblem. I still have the C4 emblem. I recommend that everyone do the Museum Delivery on a new Corvette at least once. It was a heck of a thrill...
Old 05-04-2012, 08:45 PM
Woody
Team Owner

Received 40 Likes on 19 Posts
CI 2-3-4-5-6-7-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16
First St Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Lifetime Member

I have a bunch of webcam shots of my delivery.. man that was while ago.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:21 PM
SSTEVEGS
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Cogratulations on your new Corvette! I was lucky and spotted my car on a Friday night before my Monday morning delivery. I spent a lot of time watching it and even got a webcam pic of some guy taking a picture of my car. A friend of mine also took webcam pics of me in the car, inside and outside the museum. We celebrated the night before at the restaurant with champagne (which helped me sleep). Enjoy!
Old 05-06-2012, 12:37 AM
detaildude
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Kathy, if you saw a white GS on delivery 4 on Weds. then you saw ours!
Old 05-06-2012, 08:20 AM
corvettekathy
Instructor

Originally Posted by detaildude
Hey Kathy, if you saw a white GS on delivery 4 on Weds. then you saw ours!
I saw it and I saw you taking delivery! Although I was waiting to see you drive off, but I never saw that part. The delivery process takes longer than I thought...Congrats on your car!
Old 05-06-2012, 06:41 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Make sure to check for the autograph.

I picked it up 4/6/05
Old 05-06-2012, 07:22 PM
C5North
Race Director

Location: HOPE is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Yes. And Dad and I picked ours up one the same day.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:05 PM
JThomas
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts

I took delivery on our 2003 Medium Spiral Gray Coupe on November 18, 2002. I don't think they had cameras on the cars at that time, but it was still a great experience. Gary and the crew are the best and it's the only way to purchase a new Corvette!
Old 05-06-2012, 09:56 PM
JRS_MY_C5
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VET4LES
Make sure to check for the autograph.

I picked it up 4/6/05
I've heard of the autograph. Where do they sign it on the car? I want to see it on mine!

J.R.

Get notified of new replies

To To All Who Have Done The Museum Delivery

Old 05-07-2012, 09:16 AM
jack5hd
Burning Brakes

can you describe your car?
Old 05-08-2012, 06:21 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by JRS_MY_C5
I've heard of the autograph. Where do they sign it on the car? I want to see it on mine!

J.R.
Under the car under the drivers seat.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Bearsden
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mine was out there for four or five days and I kept one screen shot of it.

Quick Reply: To All Who Have Done The Museum Delivery