C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forum members,selling merchandise,exactly what are the rules?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 11:17 PM
ulllovethecarpayment
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forum members,selling merchandise,exactly what are the rules?

I'm seeing several posts from vendors in the general discussion sections, selling this or that.

I'm curious as to the rules about it. Reason being; I own a (albeit small) company that does custom Apparel, Vinyl Graphic (non commercial) etc.

I'd like to seek permission for it; But I haven't seen anything exactly in the forum rules about it.
I doubt seriously I could be a considered a "vendor" because it would be impossible for me to service at too large a volume. I cannot and do not offer an unlimited nationwide service on a grand scale.

I guess I'm the little guy; I make a solid fair living but still I'm quite small. What are the forum rules concerning offering my limited services to the members on the forum?

I really can't advertise too directly, if I ended up with more than 4000 orders I just wouldn't be able to fill them. Also if I have miss posted this I'm incredibly sorry I've tried to keep it as general as possible to avoid actually advertising anything.

It's truly just a request on who to speak to concerning offering things we make in limited quantity to anyone interested.

Thank you for reading; very sorry if this is miss posted or completely out of line

Last edited by ulllovethecarpayment; 05-06-2012 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Typo repair.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:18 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,096 Likes on 808 Posts

PM a moderator
Old 05-06-2012, 11:42 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

No, if you're not a paying supporting vendor, you may not make any commercial posts at all. Here's part of the forum rule.

Forum members are welcome to sell a Corvette or Corvette parts they purchased for their own personal use. They also are welcome to use the Forum to purchase items for their personal use. Anything else is considered to be a commercial sale or a commercial purchase for the purpose of re-selling.
(Which is not allowed)

Members can include a mention of their personal businesses in their signatures so long as the enterprise does not compete with an existing supporting vendor, is not Corvette-related and is not so detailed or so frequently appended to their posts that it becomes inappropriate marketing and promotion.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...l-posting.html

If you're selling any service or any product, you're a vendor.

Please contact Snookie Stoddard, snookie.stoddard@internetbrands.com if you would like to become a supporting vendor.

Last edited by Vette_DD; 05-06-2012 at 11:44 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Forum members,selling merchandise,exactly what are the rules?

Quick Reply: Forum members,selling merchandise,exactly what are the rules?