C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parking lot owner takes vette for a wild ride

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Goatdad
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13

And did you see the clip with the dog walking all over the paint!!!!!?
Not to mention the dirtbag was smoking in it!
Old 05-01-2012, 10:18 AM
2vettes
Le Mans Master

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadkingC6
Has nothing to do with anyone being stupid , or whether its a Corvette or a Chevette when you pay to have your vehicle stored , parked or housed you have a reasonable expectation that your vehicle should be housed and kept in a reasonably safe environment, bad enough you always have to worry about thieves or maybe even disgruntled employees, but to have to worry that let alone the owner of the parking lot someone whom I would think would want to protect his business and keep customers coming back or have a good word of mouth reputation is the actual thief, I can only hope that his business is severely destroyed and that there is some sort of legal action taken against him. but to bash car owners i find that to be ridiculous, most of us have to leave our cars in other peoples hands at times maybe to make repairs, the dealer for service work etc and we like to know that after I drop my car off it doesn't get abused.
No one or their car deserves to be treated like that. I don't understand that mentality.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Topsarge12R
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

You have to be kidding me.....
Old 05-01-2012, 10:23 AM
09Z06pj
Le Mans Master

Received 1,100 Likes on 752 Posts

In before the "What's the big deal? It's just a car," crowd chimes in.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:54 AM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Bueller ? Bueller ?
Old 05-01-2012, 11:09 AM
Chemdawg99
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,658 Likes on 845 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Has nothing to do with anyone being stupid , or wether its a Corvette or a Chevette when you pay to have your vehichle stored , parked or housed you have a reasonable expectation that your vehichle should be housed and kept in a reasonably safe environment, bad enough you always have to worry about thieves or maybe even disgruntled employees, but to have to worry that let alone the owner of the parking lot someone whom I would think would want to protect his business and keep customers coming back or have a good word of mouth reputation is the actual thief, I can only hope that his business is severely destroyed and that there is some sort of legal action taken against him. but to bash car owners i find that to be ridiculous, most of us have to leave our cars in other peoples hands at times maybe to make repairs, the dealer for service work etc and we like to know that after I drop my car off it doesn't get abused.

/THREAD

This "business owner" (he doesn't act like a true businessman) needs to be in jail. Period.

No telling how many times he's done this.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:13 AM
LMB-C6
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I wish I could say I'm shocked that stuff like this goes on.....unfortunately I'm not the least surprised.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:40 PM
billmiller8
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has nothing to do with anyone being stupid , or wether its a Corvette or a Chevette when you pay to have your vehichle stored , parked or housed you have a reasonable expectation that your vehichle should be housed and kept in a reasonably safe environment, bad enough you always have to worry about thieves or maybe even disgruntled employees, but to have to worry that let alone the owner of the parking lot someone whom I would think would want to protect his business and keep customers coming back or have a good word of mouth reputation is the actual thief, I can only hope that his business is severely destroyed and that there is some sort of legal action taken against him. but to bash car owners i find that to be ridiculous, most of us have to leave our cars in other peoples hands at times maybe to make repairs, the dealer for service work etc and we like to know that after I drop my car off it doesn't get abused.
WTF ? Please read all post carefully. I hope I'm reading this wrong but are you saying I'm bashing other car owners, If so you are totally wrong, that was a "quote" by another forum member " TommyV. What I am saying is I'm sure there are other car lot owners who do the same thing, but there are a lot of good ones out there too.

Last edited by billmiller8; 05-01-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:04 PM
rgauchey
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I thought that could only happen to Ferris Bueller.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Crowhater
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know how many miles are on my car and I would have known if it would have been driven, also my security system would have called me the second the car was moved. No doubt about it I would have chin checked him on sight.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:29 PM
DavidS24
3rd Gear

Unbelieveable!!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 03:31 PM
franman69
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow.. if some jack__s took my car, rode around in it, put lumber in it, parked it at his house and had his dog walk on it (in it) I think I would have freaked out on him right then and there.. I ALWAYS check my mileage at the airport park and rides and NEVER bring my vette to any place where someone else will have control of it any longer than dinner! Even then, I try to park it myself.. forget the valet! (and I used to be a valet at a fancy restaurant back in high school.. I'll tell you it was tough not to want to take the ferraris and lambos out for a short spin)... What a jerk!!
Old 05-01-2012, 03:37 PM
JSB LS3
Melting Slicks

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by franman69
Wow.. if some jack__s took my car, rode around in it, put lumber in it, parked it at his house and had his dog walk on it (in it) I think I would have freaked out on him right then and there.. I ALWAYS check my mileage at the airport park and rides and NEVER bring my vette to any place where someone else will have control of it any longer than dinner! Even then, I try to park it myself.. forget the valet! (and I used to be a valet at a fancy restaurant back in high school.. I'll tell you it was tough not to want to take the ferraris and lambos out for a short spin)... What a jerk!!
The one time I inadvertently showed up somewhere that valeted with the vette, I tipped the valet a few bucks extra to jump in and show me where to park it, then I kept the key. He understood....wasn't the first time.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:41 PM
KarrMar
KarrMar
Support Corvetteforum!

Never, and I mean never, would I leave my fob with anyone other than my dealership.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:50 PM
PittMD1
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jon6.0
Even dealers do that crap. I had a turbocharged Avalanche that I brought into the dealer for catalytic converter replacement. I always snap a pic of my mileage on drop off. They put 30 miles on my truck and gave it back with broken pistons. They flipped the high boost switch and didn't turn on the methanol injection. They actually tried to pass it off on me. Idle was rough and it was smoking. They didn't even want to pay for a new motor. It was the Chevy dealer in Mission Valley California. I finally agreed to paying the labor. I was getting out of the military and they had me over a barrel.

Moral of the story. Record your mileage AND tell them you recorded the mileage. Keep them honest.
I had a chevy that I took to the dealers for repair many years ago.
When I call back the next day to see if they had fixed it they could not find it. After several days of them not being able to find my car the cops called me. Turns out the service manager had a bad drinking problem and had taken my car up on the grand mesa and went on a binge/bender?
Old 05-01-2012, 03:55 PM
yow
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The dog walking all over the paint just makes me cringe!
Old 05-01-2012, 04:03 PM
z edge
Race Director

Location: BOOMER SOONER Big 12 Champions 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 - 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015 - 2020.....
Received 914 Likes on 527 Posts

Originally Posted by Dlinderman
Jerk. I'm in awe that he thought the owner would not notice the mileage.
yeah WTF? he probably put 100 miles on that car.

Get notified of new replies

To Parking lot owner takes vette for a wild ride

Old 05-01-2012, 06:18 PM
TEC6
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '10-'11

Originally Posted by johnodrake
If that were my car it would have been safely at home in my garage and not left in a cheesy parking lot while I cruised.
Could not of said it any better John!!
Old 05-01-2012, 06:28 PM
CO Lightfoot
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Busted! Parking lot owner takes customer's Corvette for joyride.

Unbelievable. Dirt road burnouts are just the beginning...

Especially see how he uses the customer's C6 vert at 2:30 in the video at:

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/parkin...ers-car/nNM6q/
Old 05-01-2012, 06:33 PM
corvette C6 Z51
Instructor

Default this is why i don't trust anyone with my corvette

prime example

http://gma.yahoo.com/video/news-2679...-29146638.html

Quick Reply: Parking lot owner takes vette for a wild ride