C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

glove box lock

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 09:33 AM
Neil Baker
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 54 Posts

Default glove box lock

Does anyone have the info on how to remove the lock tumblers from the glove box latch?? Replacing mine and need to change over the tumlers.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:04 AM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 154 Likes on 74 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Originally Posted by Neil Baker
Does anyone have the info on how to remove the lock tumblers from the glove box latch?? Replacing mine and need to change over the tumlers.
It's easiest if you have the door off the glove box. To remove the door, just squeeze the sides once it's open and release the compartment down towards the floor. You will need to disconnect the retainer strap to free it from the car.

There are two screws holding the lock and handle latch assembly inside the compartment door, these will release the handle assembly. There should be a lock release hole which will require a small pointed tool (think small icepick) to free the lock assembly from the handle.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:13 AM
Street Rat
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 529 Likes on 396 Posts

My latch just broke off in my hand 2 weeks ago. To remove the cylinder... I put the key in the cylinder. Rotated the cylinder until I saw a small silver tumbler on the side and end of the cylinder (towards the front of the car). Pushed that tumbler in with a small screwdriver and the cylinder came out. More information at ...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...box-latch.html

Get notified of new replies

To glove box lock

Quick Reply: glove box lock