C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought my 1st Zaino kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 09:33 PM
HighPro
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread is a riot. Hey man, my Dad can beat-up your Dad anytime!

Zaino is a good product and I like it. Once the initial application is on - you are on easy street. The first application is a long process - clay-bar and all. Others like something different, what is the big deal? Let them Rejex away - might try that stuff myself, after about three or four years when my original order of Zaino runs out.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:42 PM
C6 Don
Instructor

Originally Posted by Goatdad
Than go buy and use them. Why come on to someone's thread and diss what the op like/uses?

I am very happy with my Zaino results starting with the VY 06 and now the black 08. I'm sure that there are other fine products out there but that is no reason to trash Zaino, as obviously there are many happy customers. The results and ease of use are all subjective anyway. Use what makes you happy!

I have had a bottle of Z5 that I never used but maybe I will try it this week for the bottom coat or 2.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:05 PM
flashburn
Racer

I'll never understand the animosity towards different wax/polishes and the people who use them. It's just so silly. Use whatever product you want, and recommend whatever you like using. We are all just trying to get our shine on.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:07 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by flashburn
I'll never understand the animosity towards different wax/polishes and the people who use them. It's just so silly. Use whatever product you want, and recommend whatever you like using. We are all just trying to get our shine on.
Stick around for a while.....you'll get used to it!
Old 04-27-2012, 08:19 AM
Bat Man
Team Owner

Received 32 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by VNAMVET
I wouldn't say it's a total waste of money, but there are a lot of better products out there........ Rejex for one........ I've been using it for the last 10 years
It is a waste of money, like I said originally buy duragloss products they are the same thing as zaino buy cheaper.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:24 AM
vettro
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the problem lies with the Zaino lemmings they have to cram their opinions down others throats. Then when they hear criticisms about their "Beloved" product they start name calling and hating ...

same as the Amsoil lemmings and haters
Old 04-27-2012, 11:11 AM
KneeDragr
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flashburn
There are a lot of old people on this board, as old men tend to buy Corvettes. When people get to be a certain age their brain doesn't work as well, and they start believing that they know everything. Anyone who dares disagree with them is met with anger and contempt. They also get caught up in the 'team' mentality, where since they use a certain product, or buy a certain car brand, they feel like they are part of a 'team' and feel the need to 'root' for that brand or prove that its the best. You see it a lot in the C7 threads where they are saying how GM needs to step up and 'beat' the GTR or the 911 or whatever, instead of just enjoying what their car is and what it does. It spills over into the car care products as well.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:12 AM
BigJoe
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Valleybacker
zainoites and those thinking about it, do some research is all I'm saying.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...test-ever.html
From the article above. Looks like Zaino held up pretty well!

Test orignally started 10th Sept, with second group added 18th, week later. Reviews took place at 8th Oct and 1st Nov 2008.

After 4 months, the following sealants are still protecting the paintwork:

Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection
Chemical Guys: M-Seal, Jetseal 109, Speed Amor
Klasse AIO and Sealant Glaze
Hi Temp Paste
Zaino AIO, Z2 and Z5
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant.

So there you have it, my final list of what lasted four months in very extreme conditions too.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:24 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,931 Likes on 4,811 Posts

Originally Posted by KneeDragr
There are a lot of old people on this board, as old men tend to buy Corvettes. When people get to be a certain age their brain doesn't work as well, and they start believing that they know everything. Anyone who dares disagree with them is met with anger and contempt. They also get caught up in the 'team' mentality, where since they use a certain product, or buy a certain car brand, they feel like they are part of a 'team' and feel the need to 'root' for that brand or prove that its the best. You see it a lot in the C7 threads where they are saying how GM needs to step up and 'beat' the GTR or the 911 or whatever, instead of just enjoying what their car is and what it does. It spills over into the car care products as well.
Well stated Gramps.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:44 AM
vettro
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dvilin
Well stated Gramps.

Quick Reply: Bought my 1st Zaino kit