C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dumb Donut Ends in Disaster for C6 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 08:24 AM
01VETTECOP
Safety Car

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

WOW that first youtube video. That guy is as Crazy as a Bed bug, but he can drive that car !
Old 04-24-2012, 08:44 AM
Crowhater
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The whole thing was stupid, but hey to each their own. I know for a fact that if he would have hit my vett I would have jumped out and beat him like a red headed step child. We watched a guy at the track screwing around on a 4-wheeler in the pit area and he hit one of the drag cars, they beat him like a pinata.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:10 AM
Tom45
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jon6.0
Have you guys seen the videos of middle eastern "drifting" at high speeds? They basically throw cars into drifts and go around traffic like that. Crazy as heck.

Looked some up for you all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkPV8yVaM6E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoDc0V3MwPQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCc9jZqMQx8
Those are some crazy people on those videos and especialy the ones hanging out the windows. It looked like a remake of a Jackass movie.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:10 PM
Monterey C6
Melting Slicks

Received 115 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Dlinderman
I don't know if I would call that a "disaster" but they are still a bunch of dumb A****s!
What would you expect from radical islamist?
Old 04-24-2012, 12:37 PM
Topsarge12R
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Fail.....
Old 04-24-2012, 12:50 PM
petes ZO6
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Monterey C6
What would you expect from radical islamist?
Old 04-24-2012, 12:53 PM
orca1946
Le Mans Master

Received 453 Likes on 340 Posts

1. learn how to do them
2. get out of the way when jerks show up in junkers!
3.tell the guy talking to you thru the window" I'll talk to you over there"
Old 04-24-2012, 02:07 PM
Full Metal Jacket
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My question is where would they get parts to rebuild the Vette??? Wow can you say panel gaps and headlight aiming issues after its fixed!

Wow!!
Old 04-24-2012, 02:24 PM
Crowhater
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Metal Jacket
My question is where would they get parts to rebuild the Vette??? Wow can you say panel gaps and headlight aiming issues after its fixed!

Wow!!
Some thief will take one of our corvette and put it in a sea can, then they will ship it over there.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:40 PM
davidtcpa
Go Canes!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 329 Likes on 241 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Originally Posted by Crowhater
Some thief will take one of our corvette and put it in a sea can, then they will ship it over there.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:05 PM
shaimerej
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

It was interesting to see this on the home page. I am currently in Turkey doing a project with my work. (Yes, I had to fly out here on a day's notice two days after buying my 2012 GS! ) I was out here for three months prior to Easter. The driving out here is a bit tense to say the least! I am working near a town called Unye and have to commute about 10 miles each way. Driving here does not allow you to take your mind off the road for even one second! People: pass at will, stop in the roadway, u-turn on the highway, drive very slowly on the highway, drive very fast on the highway, have animals on the road, carts on the road, drive without lights. Stop lights are for the weak. Stop signs say "Dur" which is what you think if you're brave enough to actually stop at one. When at a red light, those that don't pass you and go though will pass you and to be in front of you. It drives Americans NUTS!!!! After some time, I have become use to it though. I don't see a lot of accidents really. The only ones I saw was when the area got 14" of snow (an all-time record for Unye). The thing I like most is that there is never a cop looking for speeders/revenue. There are never left lane bandits; the left lane is for passing and if you're not passing, get the f over! (Think Ludacris). The people have been very nice here. The whole gathering around spinning cars is a very Turkish thing to do. I don't think it's a great idea but I do envy the "freedom" to do it. (Pulling a stunt like this in the US would involve 12 CNN helicopters, Nancy Grace and a fleet of lawyers and cancelled insurance policies.) I wouldn't call them idiots as much as I would just observe that they are being reckless and that anyone who felt unsafe could have just walked away. Those who didn't walk away got to enjoy themselves and experience a mean American V-8 spinning circles in front of them.

Quick Reply: Dumb Donut Ends in Disaster for C6 Corvette