C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Irate with SiriusXM

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 01:21 PM
TkitPlz
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Irate with SiriusXM

I told SiriusXM I would make this post and I am going to hold true to my word. I discovered last evening that SiriusXM has been billing me since November 2010 for radio service on a 2008 Corvette that I sold that month. Sirius has been billing me something over $50 every three months. This came to my attention on a credit card billing I got last week. Last night a promotion person for Sirius called to get me to renew service on my 2011 Grand Sport, which I bought in April of 2011. I agreed to renew for six months and then asked the promotions representative about the bill I noticed on my credit card. He then checked the record and found that it was for the radio service on my 2008 Corvette. He said there is nothing on file indicating that I cancelled the service. Well, I told him I called and cancelled the service the same day that I sold the car. He told me to call a particular number today and he thought they would refund my money. Well, you know where this going. I called the number he gave me. It wasn't operational. So, I called the general number and spoke to a representative. He said there was nothing they could do about it as nothing was on file that I cancelled. I explained that I had, in fact, called and cancelled. He maintained his refusal to do anything about it. I then asked to speak with his supervisor. He said his supervisor would tell me the same thing. I told him I wanted to talk to the supervisor anyway. I did and got the same treatment. There being no cancellation on record, I was out of luck. I told him I would go on the Corvette Forum as well as to everyone I know about this matter and tell them of the terrible service and Sirius' refusal to credit my account. He inquired why I had never noticed it on my account before. Good question. I went on to explain that I had automatic payments taking care of the bill each month and just didn't look at every bill. Of course, other than a Sirius debit every three months, I knew everything else I had charged. So, shame on me for not looking at the bill as closely as I should have. But, you'd think hearing the story that it would have been worth the $200 they got from me to avoid negative publicity. I also told the supervisor that I am going to cancel the just purchased six month plan in my Corvette and the other plan I have in another vechicle. The supervisor didn't seem to care. He did stop the radio today. Gee, thanks...great idea since I haven't owned the car since November of 2010. He's also going to escalate this to "corporate" and I can expect a call in 5-7 working days. That's great customer service. Let's not get the matter resolved today. I am so furious about this I can hardly spit! So, take from this what you will. Use it as a lesson. Check your credit card statements. Don't expect any mercy from SiriusXM if you have an issue like mine. And, the fact that you know you called to cancel, yet some idiot on the other end didn't record it, is your problem...not theirs! For what it's worth. But, I'm done with that company.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:36 PM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

They are the absolute worst! For 4 years I have been paying 77 per year. This year I did my normal routine of calling to cancel and I told them I was recording the call. I got transferred to the customer retention department. I again told them I was recording the call and they asked me why I wanted to cancel and I told them "It's worth 77 per year and no more". The best they could do was 98 per year. I told them to cancel and they told me it was done and I would get an email. Not only did I not get an email, I got a past due notice in the mail. I called them back and they claimed to have no record of my cancellation. I asked them where they wanted the recording sent and they said they cancelled my account and I should just ignore any further notices. Somehow I don't think I have heard the last of them. Worst bunch of liars and cheats out there. Thank God I never gave them a credit card!
Old 04-12-2012, 01:40 PM
red2012
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

why you people constantly do business with these people is beyond me. even if there are 10 horror stories(and im sure its more) for every 100 feel good stories even that is too much for me. i got it with my new 12 coupe because it came with the car for free(and they had NO FINANCIAL INFO OF MINE) otherwise there would be no way i would consider their service. in my opinion anybody who gets screwed by XM deserves it because you shouldn't have been with them in the first place. we all take chances with products in life but this company is one i would have never even considered from the first place.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:47 PM
TkitPlz
Drifting

Originally Posted by red2012
why you people constantly do business with these people is beyond me. even if there are 10 horror stories(and im sure its more) for every 100 feel good stories even that is too much for me. i got it with my new 12 coupe because it came with the car for free(and they had NO FINANCIAL INFO OF MINE) otherwise there would be no way i would consider their service. in my opinion anybody who gets screwed by XM deserves it because you shouldn't have been with them in the first place. we all take chances with products in life but this company is one i would have never even considered from the first place.
Well, this is the first time I've had an issue with them since my first use of their service in 2004. I've learned my lesson. I won't get screwed anymore. I am on the phone with yet another representative and in the process of cancelling my accounts. This rep doesn't care either.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:53 PM
TkitPlz
Drifting

Default Mission Accomplished-Accounts Cancelled.

To coin a phrase..."it is finished." I am done with SiriusXM. All accounts cancelled and e-mails requested confirming the cancellation. We shall see if I get them.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:53 PM
z28lt1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,001 Likes on 1,046 Posts

I do feel bad for TktPlz and its to late for him. We just went through this a few days ago. If you cancel XMSirius do it through certified mail, return receipt requested. Shouldn't have to be that way, but unfortunately it is. Don't take an "ok" on the call as enough (unless you record it, check state law).

They are not worried about the bad publicity, just like a collection agency is not.

And I'm stunned that you haven't checked a credit card bill in nearly 18 months, although that doesn't put you in the wrong by any means. But...
Old 04-12-2012, 01:55 PM
myron
Instructor

xm sucks I had the same trouble.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:55 PM
MidYearRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

first, we all know about their billing and games they play...long ago it was mentioned to get the name of the person you talk to and save it along with the date and time you talked to them. also get any cancellation sent to you via snail mail...

second...shame on you for not noticing the billing...in todays electronic age which makes banking so easy..you still have to check over your bills my friend..
Old 04-12-2012, 01:57 PM
TkitPlz
Drifting

Originally Posted by z28lt1
I do feel bad for TktPlz and its to late for him. We just went through this a few days ago. If you cancel XMSirius do it through certified mail, return receipt requested. Shouldn't have to be that way, but unfortunately it is. Don't take an "ok" on the call as enough (unless you record it, check state law).

They are not worried about the bad publicity, just like a collection agency is not.

And I'm stunned that you haven't checked a credit card bill in nearly 18 months, although that doesn't put you in the wrong by any means. But...
Well, I have checked it, but apparently didn't look close enough every three months. Like I said, I know what I've charged. In any event, it is over. Yesterday's news! I just hope my experience will educate others.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:58 PM
TkitPlz
Drifting

Originally Posted by MidYearRoadster
first, we all know about their billing and games they play...long ago it was mentioned to get the name of the person you talk to and save it along with the date and time you talked to them. also get any cancellation sent to you via snail mail...

second...shame on you for not noticing the billing...in todays electronic age which makes banking so easy..you still have to check over your bills my friend..
Yeah, yeah!!
Old 04-12-2012, 02:10 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TkitPlz
I told SiriusXM I would make this post and I am going to hold true to my word. I discovered last evening that SiriusXM has been billing me since November 2010 for radio service on a 2008 Corvette that I sold that month. Sirius has been billing me something over $50 every three months. This came to my attention on a credit card billing I got last week. Last night a promotion person for Sirius called to get me to renew service on my 2011 Grand Sport, which I bought in April of 2011. I agreed to renew for six months and then asked the promotions representative about the bill I noticed on my credit card. He then checked the record and found that it was for the radio service on my 2008 Corvette. He said there is nothing on file indicating that I cancelled the service. Well, I told him I called and cancelled the service the same day that I sold the car. He told me to call a particular number today and he thought they would refund my money. Well, you know where this going. I called the number he gave me. It wasn't operational. So, I called the general number and spoke to a representative. He said there was nothing they could do about it as nothing was on file that I cancelled. I explained that I had, in fact, called and cancelled. He maintained his refusal to do anything about it. I then asked to speak with his supervisor. He said his supervisor would tell me the same thing. I told him I wanted to talk to the supervisor anyway. I did and got the same treatment. There being no cancellation on record, I was out of luck. I told him I would go on the Corvette Forum as well as to everyone I know about this matter and tell them of the terrible service and Sirius' refusal to credit my account. He inquired why I had never noticed it on my account before. Good question. I went on to explain that I had automatic payments taking care of the bill each month and just didn't look at every bill. Of course, other than a Sirius debit every three months, I knew everything else I had charged. So, shame on me for not looking at the bill as closely as I should have. But, you'd think hearing the story that it would have been worth the $200 they got from me to avoid negative publicity. I also told the supervisor that I am going to cancel the just purchased six month plan in my Corvette and the other plan I have in another vechicle. The supervisor didn't seem to care. He did stop the radio today. Gee, thanks...great idea since I haven't owned the car since November of 2010. He's also going to escalate this to "corporate" and I can expect a call in 5-7 working days. That's great customer service. Let's not get the matter resolved today. I am so furious about this I can hardly spit! So, take from this what you will. Use it as a lesson. Check your credit card statements. Don't expect any mercy from SiriusXM if you have an issue like mine. And, the fact that you know you called to cancel, yet some idiot on the other end didn't record it, is your problem...not theirs! For what it's worth. But, I'm done with that company.
yup, you certainly delivered a truly crushing blow to these guys. I am sure they are holding a big corporate meeting right now to refund your money Check with your CC how long back you can dispute your charges instead of holding your breath waiting for the refund.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:15 PM
willmkent
Intermediate

I had Sirius equipped in my 2007 f 150 and when it expired they called with a great deal to renew so I did it, I assured them that I would be trading in my truck in 3 month do that's all I wanted. They agreed and I continued my service, after I traded my truck in I got charged another 3 months so I called and they said " sorry sir, unless you call and cancel, we will automatically bill.... So I said evn without my permission and they said yep... So @&$& them!
Old 04-12-2012, 02:15 PM
TkitPlz
Drifting

Originally Posted by petermj
yup, you certainly delivered a truly crushing blow to these guys. I am sure they are holding a big corporate meeting right now to refund your money Check with your CC how long back you can dispute your charges instead of holding your breath waiting for the refund.
Yeah, real crushing blow! Okay, I got this off my chest now. Lesson learned. Next issue.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:17 PM
Top_Fuel
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

If I didn't deal with every company that has unethical business/billing practices, I'd have to do the following...

Turn off my cell phone
Discontinue my satellite TV
Terminate my Time Warner high-speed internet
Cancel my gym membership
Un-subsribe to all magazines and newspapers
Stop using commercial banks
Never walk into another car dealership
And cancel my XM radio...

Old 04-12-2012, 02:28 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,931 Likes on 4,811 Posts

I understand your frustrations, I went through a very similar experience when I thought I cancelled my OnStar. All they care about is the money not the customer.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:38 PM
ptaylor_9849
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hijack your thread but every chance I get, I tell friends about the absolute WORST customer service I've ever experienced and that was with SLEEPY'S. Holy mackeral stay away from that abortion of a company.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Fly'n Family
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Not to pour salt, but a quick search on this forum yielded thread after thread saying DO NOT give Sirius your credit card information - send a check.

Get notified of new replies

To Irate with SiriusXM

Old 04-12-2012, 02:42 PM
willmkent
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ohmy
bla bla bla bla...

translation of this dumb thread:

I forgot to cancel my subscription, then was mad that they charged me for the service, so i changed my story to be in my favor and threw a tantrum instead of taking responsibility for my mistakes...
A little harsh. Let the man vent, he needed to vent on principle!
Old 04-12-2012, 02:47 PM
TkitPlz
Drifting

Originally Posted by ohmy
bla bla bla bla...

translation of this dumb thread:

I forgot to cancel my subscription, then was mad that they charged me for the service, so i changed my story to be in my favor and threw a tantrum instead of taking responsibility for my mistakes...
Wrong! Do you work for SiriusXM? My friend, I did call and cancel. Bla, bla, bla!!
Old 04-12-2012, 02:50 PM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Received 240 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by MidYearRoadster
first, we all know about their billing and games they play...long ago it was mentioned to get the name of the person you talk to and save it along with the date and time you talked to them.
I got the name, date, and time of the person I talked to. It did no good. She even said she would put a note in the computer on my file. No one else could find the note. I even talked to the same woman again, but she denied any knowledge.
XM listener care SUX.

Quick Reply: Irate with SiriusXM