C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Been Ford all my life

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 09:26 AM
tgorden
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Been Ford all my life

I have worked for Ford for 34 years, my father before 32 years, my brother 32 years, my brother-inlaw still working 26 years. This is the first GM product that I'm buying (GS Vette). I do not know much about the vehicle nor GM as a whole so if my questions seem ignorant or misinformed..DONT COMMENT WITH BS. I have not been part of forums until I ordered this vehicle, I only joined to learn and talk to other enthusiests about owning Corvettes. If some of you don't want to grow this site with new members thats fine with me, I'll just read what others have to say and not participate anymore.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:35 AM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by tgorden
I have worked for Ford for 34 years, my father before 32 years, my brother 32 years, my brother-inlaw still working 26 years. This is the first GM product that I'm buying (GS Vette). I do not know much about the vehicle nor GM as a whole so if my questions seem ignorant or misinformed..DONT COMMENT WITH BS. I have not been part of forums until I ordered this vehicle, I only joined to learn and talk to other enthusiests about owning Corvettes. If some of you don't want to grow this site with new members thats fine with me, I'll just read what others have to say and not participate anymore.
Welcome to the forum. But I must say that for someone who is new to forums, you spent half of your first post warning us how to treat you (or not). It's like asking a girl out on a date but warning her not to be a biatch before the date even starts.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:37 AM
designerRob
Safety Car

Originally Posted by jschindler
Welcome to the forum. But I must say that for someone who is new to forums, you spent half of your first post warning us how to treat you (or not). It's like asking a girl out on a date but warning her not to be a biatch before the date even starts.
Maybe the OP should stick to Fords.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:42 AM
nmerhaut
Melting Slicks

Received 75 Likes on 62 Posts

Welcome to the forum but I must say you might want to rethink your post and perhaps tell us about yourself and your car.

Has anyone responded to you negatively already or have you just been reading some of the more ascerbic comments from some of the members? There are some here that have biting wit but many are helpful, caring individuals that are willing to listen and offer sound advice.

Let's start this one over starting with you.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:44 AM
tim414
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by jschindler

I think he got pissed when in his first post, (battery) he was comparing pony (ford stang) to the Vette because he heard of battery issues.

To OP;
relax....check emotions at the door.....
Old 03-29-2012, 09:45 AM
RoadkingC6
Drifting

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Welcome to the Forum join in the conversations ,Relax and have fun.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:50 AM
su8pack1
Team Owner

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Old 03-29-2012, 09:52 AM
bearphoto
Safety Car

Received 302 Likes on 200 Posts
SoCal Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12

Welcome to the forum. Fords are great cars too, I've owned many over the years, they just dont make a performance sports car like the corvette.

Yes, we have our fair share of azzes on this forum as all forums have but you will find many good people here who will enhance your ownership and fun factor. So ignore them, remember there are idiots everywhere you go.

With that said, post up some pics when you have time!
Old 03-29-2012, 09:52 AM
Ramblin On
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to GM, in a Corvette sort of way.

I made a similar move about 13 months ago. I enjoy my 2011 Coupe. I have about 4,700 miles of mostly happy experience.

I find my car a joy to drive but hard to keep on the legal/nearly legal side of speed limits. The car holds the road ever so nicely with nice driving feel feed back. I expect you will have a similar experience.

I have no problem (yet) with the original tires. Most contributors report a desire to change manufacturers when the tires have over 10k miles on them. The tunnel between the driver's seat and the passenger's seat gets rather warm on longer drives, especially when summer is upon us.

I believe my Chevy dealer is a good one. The team worked hard, along with GM's tech staff, to locate and correct an annoying electrical problem. I hope your dealer is equally good.

Contgratulations on a great choice.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:53 AM
tgorden
Instructor

Originally Posted by nmerhaut
Welcome to the forum but I must say you might want to rethink your post and perhaps tell us about yourself and your car.

Has anyone responded to you negatively already or have you just been reading some of the more ascerbic comments from some of the members? There are some here that have biting wit but many are helpful, caring individuals that are willing to listen and offer sound advice.

Let's start this one over starting with you.
Reading lotsa posts from everyone and at times shaking my head at some of the childish responses form some to other posters and I think to myself why do these nimwits respond if they think the comment is ridiculous, just let it pass by, why intentially disrespect someone or make them feel like a fool. I was flamed this morning on a post asking a question.

Anyway...to put the bulls**t behind me. I ordered a yellow GS and just got a build week of 4/16. I at one time was looking at used but the deals for new seem to be to good to pass up. I've been planning to buy a vette for 2 years now and i figure 4 more weeks and my dream is gonna come to pass.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:56 AM
masihman
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum. I just upgraded my 05 convertible with a 2012 GS convertible. You'll absolutely love it. There's all types in here, but 95% of the people are very cool and totally willing to help so don't get turned off by the few bad apples. Enjoy your car and enjoy the forum for what it's worth. I'm going to post pics of my new GS this weekend once I get it all cleaned up.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:02 AM
tgorden
Instructor

Originally Posted by bearphoto
Welcome to the forum. Fords are great cars too, I've owned many over the years, they just dont make a performance sports car like the corvette.

Yes, we have our fair share of azzes on this forum as all forums have but you will find many good people here who will enhance your ownership and fun factor. So ignore them, remember there are idiots everywhere you go.

With that said, post up some pics when you have time!
Pics when I get it. My manager told me the other day, "why didn't you get a Mustang a Boss or GT500?" I said "yea I know, nice cars and all...but their not a Vette" he said "yea...true, bring it in when you get it, I'd like to see it"
Old 03-29-2012, 10:04 AM
nmerhaut
Melting Slicks

Received 75 Likes on 62 Posts

Reading lotsa posts from everyone and at times shaking my head at some of the childish responses form some to other posters and I think to myself why do these nimwits respond if they think the comment is ridiculous, just let it pass by, why intentially disrespect someone or make them feel like a fool. I was flamed this morning on a post asking a question.

Anyway...to put the bulls**t behind me. I ordered a yellow GS and just got a build week of 4/16. I at one time was looking at used but the deals for new seem to be to good to pass up. I've been planning to buy a vette for 2 years now and i figure 4 more weeks and my dream is gonna come to pass.
Great color. I miss my VY '08 coupe and only traded it after being tail-ended. It was repaired very well but I just had misgivings about it so traded for an VR '09 Z back in 2010 and have been really enjoying it.

BTW, if you're interested, I have the optional Lloyds mats, ebony with the neon yellow bindings that I bought for my '08. Passenger + driver + rear cargo mat all in great condition and will really set the VY car off. PM if you'd like and I'll email pix. I'll sell for $150 + postage.

Enjoy the car when it comes.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:05 AM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

Welcome!! Now lose the attitude.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:06 AM
RO55
Drifting

Welcome & enjoy your new car when you get it. They are a blast!
Old 03-29-2012, 10:07 AM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Reading lotsa posts from everyone and at times shaking my head at some of the childish responses form some to other posters and I think to myself why do these nimwits respond if they think the comment is ridiculous, just let it pass by, why intentially disrespect someone or make them feel like a fool. I was flamed this morning on a post asking a question
Thats the tendency on most car forums. There are many people that are just kidding around and may look as if they are trying to push your buttons because we are communicating via text, but dont mean harm, then there are those who will try to derail your conversation or just try to plain annoy you because its fun to them - the more you play into it, they more you are entertaining them.

Ignore those that start **** and try not to get emotional about it. The craziest looking people here are the ones who flip out and post angry back and forth attacks that have nothing to do with the original topic of the thread.

Really, the best thing you can do is reply with a smile and/or ignore them. The information and good folks here outweigh the douchebags that are just looking for a fight.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:08 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Congratulations on the Corvette and for you and your family's work ethic and dedication to Ford. I hope your Corvette is everything you hoped for. Don't ever feel a question is ignorant or misinformed...we all start off knowing little and we learn along the way. You have to shift-through a little "BS" at times but the forum is a tremendous (Corvette) resource for sharing information, ideas, comments and opinions....both positive and negative. I encourage you to participate....share your questions, experiences, expertise, comments and opinions. Lurkers contribute nothing. If, however, you're so thin-skinned that a negative comment or humorous remark (perhaps at your expense) offends you then perhaps you're not suited for an Internet forum. Good luck with your Corvette and I hope to see you participate in the forum often.

Get notified of new replies

To Been Ford all my life

Old 03-29-2012, 10:18 AM
PittMD1
Drifting

Originally Posted by el es tu
Thats the tendency on most car forums. There are many people that are just kidding around and may look as if they are trying to push your buttons because we are communicating via text, but dont mean harm, then there are those who will try to derail your conversation or just try to plain annoy you because its fun to them - the more you play into it, they more you are entertaining them.

Ignore those that start **** and try not to get emotional about it. The craziest looking people here are the ones who flip out and post angry back and forth attacks that have nothing to do with the original topic of the thread.

Really, the best thing you can do is reply with a smile and/or ignore them. The information and good folks here outweigh the douchebags that are just looking for a fight.

Your skin will grow thicker if you stick around long enough. Also you have to consider the response that pushed your buttons was from a NYer. Nice people and all but they love to "bust your chops".
Old 03-29-2012, 10:31 AM
Sunset-C6
Le Mans Master

Received 133 Likes on 75 Posts

http://corvetteclubmi.com/
Join a Corvette Club this one meets at Les Stanford Chevrolet in Dearborn.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:42 AM
Glenn Quagmire
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 604 Likes on 283 Posts

Like so many other things in life, you take the good with the bad. You can find board queens on just about any forum. They can't help it...so you give them a nod and move on.

Welcome to the forum and post pics of your new ride when it arrives. There is much to learn here.

Quick Reply: Been Ford all my life