C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What little quirks bother you about your Vette?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 07:02 PM
fast-vette
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Without question the torture chamber seats.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:09 PM
ray24z06
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

battery issues
Old 03-27-2012, 07:17 PM
schmegeggie
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A lot of these quirks can be easily fixed.
One of mine was the lack of cushion on the center console cushion - fixed it!
Right now, I'd say the creaking of the tinted top - tried like hell to stop it, still does it a little bit.
The only other one is that the red sleeve on my Vararam touches my hood liner when the hood is closed and it's rubbed through the liner. Tried everything to adjust it, pull it down, whatever! I've reinforced the liner with abrasion sleeve on the back side for now to keep it from rubbing through to the fiberglass. I see no other fix than to change out the Vararam!
Old 03-27-2012, 07:25 PM
jh61408
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

"Right now, I'd say the creaking of the tinted top - tried like hell to stop it, still does it a little bit."

Get some "Super-Lube" Silicone Lubricating Grease and use it on the upper part of the latch on the Tinted Top or painted top, and also the metal plate it slides on, Plus the four posts also. If you do that NO more squeaks.

Easy fix.

Last edited by jh61408; 03-27-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:30 PM
BT ZR1
2009 ZR1 SN 1166
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

water drips from the mirrors and tail lights and runs down the car, leaving water marks, no matter how much i dry the car.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:45 PM
C3 Vette Fan
Pro

Originally Posted by BlueOx
BUMMER! Well, the fact that you have kept it is a tribute to GM keeping it a very fast, lower cost car! Either that or you are just too stubborn to get rid of it...

I have seen buyers take it up the wazoo before but rarely like this. I wonder who he bought it from and why all the problems? Some people just walk into walls though.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:56 PM
Wyndridge3
Drifting

The primitive nav system graphics. Prefer my Garmin.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:29 PM
LPT2011
Instructor

Default simple simple solution

Originally Posted by MDPD23
1-4 shift
just installed the shift skip ... easiest true "mod". Part with shipping is $25 ... if the car is up for an oil change, its a "no brainer" install (I gave the mechanic $10 and asked him to do it ... though anyone could do it) just plug in the "mod".

Promise you will LOVE it !!!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:15 PM
Dknight
Advanced

St. Jude Donor '12

Telescoping steering wheel not coming out far enough, cup holders
Old 03-27-2012, 10:19 PM
06 C6 vert
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RainMan12
The headlight controls on the turn signal stalk. It makes the turn signal stalk way too busy and the headlight controls are very poorly thought out. I also don't like that I have to push the stalk forward (instead of pulling it) to activate the high beams. Very poor design.

The auto diming rear view mirror reacts way to slowly, and there is no manual over ride for it. Give me a manual control dimmer for the mirrors please. The auto one is junk.
Right on this . Overkill on the inside mirror.

Give me old school small manual mirror. The stock mirror blocks vision also.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:34 PM
ByByBMW
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 536 Likes on 279 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'08-'10-'11-'12-'13 '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

My number 1 issue has to be the absolutely c&@**y clutch setups on the Z. Never had a car before that could suck the clutch pedal down when it gets hot and you are hard on the throttle, or have it stick to the floor.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:39 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by Joezone914
...lack of real carbon center or at least real looking. My Z06 had a nice looking fake carbon center that was OEM why not the ZR. I do believe the price of the Z06 and ZR1 has room to include these pieces when amortizing the costs over the term of manufacturing.
So what is your ZR1's center console bezel made of?
Old 03-27-2012, 10:40 PM
Stevenyc777
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn drivers seat after only 2400 miles shows wrinkles...hope the upgrade kit helps...
Old 03-27-2012, 10:42 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,458 Likes on 2,274 Posts

Originally Posted by ByByBMW
My number 1 issue has to be the absolutely c&@**y clutch setups on the Z. Never had a car before that could suck the clutch pedal down when it gets hot and you are hard on the throttle, or have it stick to the floor.
Obviously not a free fix, but the LS9 clutch is a honey. Katech and others offer retrofit LS9 clutches for the Z.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:48 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

Originally Posted by ohmy
the OnStar antenna (that big square box on the windshied in front of the passenger visor)

that thing is fugly...
Old 03-27-2012, 11:07 PM
Pinky...
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The creaking removable top, (and yes I lubed profusely with di-electric) and the fact that dealers don't warn you of curbs when you first buy it.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:38 PM
Old Yellow
Pro

Received 62 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by okie08vette
What I would like to be able to do is put the ignition in ACC mode and roll the windows up and down with the key fob.
Window Valet is the answer to your problem. You will love it.
No need to put ignition in acc mode just use your fob.
Push unlock button 3 times & window goes down.
Push unlock button 2 times & lock button 1 time & window goes up.
You can put the windows in the index position to vent the interior, and lots of other features.

http://www.topdowntech.com/wvc6Documentation.php

Ed

Get notified of new replies

To What little quirks bother you about your Vette?

Old 03-27-2012, 11:47 PM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I respect the observations and opinions but good Lord what a picayune bunch….cup holders, the ashtray, a wrinkly seat! Every car, everybody has "quirks." You go with the flow or you change the scenario. Sure, I could imagine things I'd change with the car but I can honestly say I don't have any real complaints. My 2005 is a great car in all respects. I've improved certain things on the car and it's still a work in-progress. The closest thing to a complaint I have is I can't quite match the lap times of a Viper Competition Coupe. I'm working on it though.

Originally Posted by SlickShoes
Electrical glitches, errant service messages, overzealous AH/TC systems, too much plastic and poorly molded/fitted plastic at that, soggy factory suspension, BCM/ECM tentacles into every last part of the car (can't even swap a seat?), chipping/peeling interior button surfaces/laminate, archaic NAV, weak diffs and transmissions, nearly impossible access to many regular maintenance items such as bleed valves, pumps, filters, park-only-in-reverse feature, Dead Battery Syndrome, creaking/popping roof, sub-par "optional premium sound"...

I could go on forever. Only reason I owned, and will own another is because you can't go faster while looking better for anything close to the money. That's what it comes down to for me. I put up with all of the above for the latter. Though I eventually did and will continue to replace all of GM's screw ups over the course of ownership.
Don't cut it short on our account....a glowing testimonial! I give you credit...if I had all those problems and negative opinions I'd be driving a different, more perfect car.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:32 AM
C3 Vette Fan
Pro

Originally Posted by Wayne O
I respect the observations and opinions but good Lord what a picayune bunch….cup holders, the ashtray, a wrinkly seat! Every car, everybody has "quirks." You go with the flow or you change the scenario. Sure, I could imagine things I'd change with the car but I can honestly say I don't have any real complaints. My 2005 is a great car in all respects. I've improved certain things on the car and it's still a work in-progress. The closest thing to a complaint I have is I can't quite match the lap times of a Viper Competition Coupe. I'm working on it though.

Don't cut it short on our account....a glowing testimonial! I give you credit...if I had all those problems and negative opinions I'd be driving a different, more perfect car.
100%

Like I said before..I have seen buyers take it up the wazoo before but rarely this bad. I wonder who he bought it from and why all the problems? Sounds like he got some bad advice or does not know much about cars. But, some people just walk right into walls, or fall down flat on their face before they learn. confused2:
Old 03-28-2012, 01:07 AM
HANNY
Safety Car

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts

i wish the steeering whee lhad a "source" button (theres room) to be able to switch between CD/radio/XM, ny escalade has it ancd i use it all the time

Quick Reply: What little quirks bother you about your Vette?