C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled over while waiting at a Red Light....(Long)

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 11:05 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

"....Just think I was profiled for driving a Vette or because I looked at him when he passed me."

Cops profile people, cars, whatever all the time...it's SOP. Don't ever be concerned about looking at them...feel free to check them out with the same scrutiny they give you. They're public servants....if they don't like it too bad.

I'm not recommending anyone run red lights or speed but FWIW....remember (day or night) to always drive with your sun visor down as far as safely possible....the sun visor might just obscure the driver's face from the red light/cameras. If you can't ID the driver there's no telling who was driving the car.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:20 AM
vettro
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Police Boards - yeah right, joke to make civies think everything is above board - you could have gotten a ticket for social pollution, illegal tint, impeded operation, loud exhaust, improperly displayed plate and sticker, - lol…

Take it to court prove it’s wrong - gets thrown out - but you lose 4 hours of work, and the LEO makes 4 hours of OT - see how it works?

NO I’M NOT AN LEO -

Just be lucky this guy was a straight shooter

ROFL -
Iroc Camaro Dude gets a ticket for : diminished capacity Great joke show I loved it ...

Last edited by vettro; 03-28-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:50 AM
vettro
Racer

I lost my R O S E colored glasses a long time ago - sorry ...
Old 03-28-2012, 12:24 PM
Formula52
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by FloridaGrandSport
I lived for 21 yrs in NJ; one of the worst states in regards to traffic laws and vehicle inspections. He was a typical NJ LEO doing what they are programmed to do. But I'm curious, county in NJ is Sheriff and they don't do traffic stops or enforcement, just jails, warrants etc. Sounds fishy.

Here in Bergen County, there are 2 types of Bergen county police. The Bergen County Sheriff like you mentioned who get people with warrants, escaped jail, ect. They usually do not do traffic stops.

And Bergen County Police who patrol highways and do the traffic stops.
And that is who pulled me over. They now have traps at all different stop signs all over the county and wait there outside their car and pull people over for the slightest infraction (one guy for not stopping 5 feet from the sign)... They also get you for other things too.

This is due to the County needing money and also one of these County Police Units are on the chopping block(either the Sheriff or Reg. County)... So they are ticketing left and right...
Old 03-28-2012, 04:41 PM
ritzz06
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boraxman
He probably just wanted to check out your new ride/
Old 03-28-2012, 07:39 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula52
Here in Bergen County, there are 2 types of Bergen county police. The Bergen County Sheriff like you mentioned who get people with warrants, escaped jail, ect. They usually do not do traffic stops.

And Bergen County Police who patrol highways and do the traffic stops.
And that is who pulled me over. They now have traps at all different stop signs all over the county and wait there outside their car and pull people over for the slightest infraction (one guy for not stopping 5 feet from the sign)... They also get you for other things too.

This is due to the County needing money and also one of these County Police Units are on the chopping block(either the Sheriff or Reg. County)... So they are ticketing left and right...
Well, at least you can go home and relax knowing that you pay low property taxes in New Jersey!...........oh, wait.....
Old 03-28-2012, 10:00 PM
jdot
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It never ceases to amaze how many people are in the wrong profession. Some of us wanted to be cops but somehow got sidetracked into something else. But it doesn't stop us from profiling, stereotyping cops just like we accuse them of doing. Gee Whiz!! If we all had to walk a mile in the other guy's shoes once in awhile, we'd all be a lot smarter than we think we are. I can't count the times I've been pulled over since I retired and the officers always gave me a chance to make a statement. After you have your say, the rest is up to him. And as Walter Cronkite used to say "that's the way it is."
Old 03-28-2012, 11:01 PM
Charlie M
Pro

I got pulled over last year for 78 in a 45 and only got a verbal warning. I was told I was the fastest he clocked that day. To make a long story short he was car lover and offered him to take the car for a drive.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:16 AM
Pitbull11
Racer

Originally Posted by C3 Vette Fan
Not really. If the the car was well maintained with no cracks on the windshield, tires inflated properly, insurance up to date, license up to date, brake lights working, head lights, plates up to date and properly affixed it would have been difficult writing a moving violation. If he would of attempted to find violations that were non existent or very borderline the officer may end up in trouble for harassing a motorist.

Too many variables to consider such as dash cam or witnesses. But the list is not endless unless the officer likes to answer citizen complaints. Citizen complaints can ruin a officers career-trust me...
I once caused a State Trooper not to be promoted because he was out of line with me on a traffic stop. Of course I was also a LEO. He had just come off an under cover drug assignment and I guess he thought anyone driving a badass black 911 was a drug dealer. He picked the wrong guy to F with.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:21 AM
choprfgr
Burning Brakes

JOHN MILNER
File that under uh, C.S. over there. [hands her the ticket Holstein just issued him]
CAROL
C.S.? What's that stand for?
JOHN MILNER
Chicken **** - that's what it is.
CAROL
Oh. [puts the ticket in the glove compartment which is full of similar tickets]
Old 03-29-2012, 03:08 AM
Stevenyc777
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How are these assassin posts in any way C6 related?? These should be moved to OT!
Old 03-29-2012, 03:30 AM
Pitbull11
Racer

Originally Posted by Stevenyc777
How are these assassin posts in any way C6 related?? These should be moved to OT!
WOW you sound like an angry New Yorker
Old 03-29-2012, 03:34 AM
Stevenyc777
Pro

Originally Posted by Pitbull11
WOW you sound like an angry New Yorker
Just proud of being a retired nypd police officer and sick of these ignorant cop bashing posts!
Old 03-29-2012, 07:24 AM
vettro
Racer

Originally Posted by Stevenyc777
Just proud of being a retired nypd police officer and sick of these ignorant cop bashing posts!
Here, here, - I agree 100% this post was started for one reason only...

to fish in all you cop hating wannabes who never could pass the grade and now hate all LEO's, you're all bitter and jealous because you couldn't get on the job -

So lets start a post like this so you can bash all LEO's...!!! A collection of lemmings that will follow each other right off a cliff, no minds of your own, just a collective beehive mentality saying exactly and everything the other jackass just said ...
Old 03-29-2012, 07:28 AM
vettro
Racer

Originally Posted by Pitbull11
I once caused a State Trooper not to be promoted because he was out of line with me on a traffic stop. Of course I was also a LEO. He had just come off an under cover drug assignment and I guess he thought anyone driving a badass black 911 was a drug dealer. He picked the wrong guy to F with.

a tough guy ...

Course everything he said is pure "from the fields" BS...

Last edited by vettro; 03-29-2012 at 07:33 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:44 AM
vettro
Racer

Originally Posted by C3 Vette Fan
Possibly the most ignorant and uninformed post of all time right here on CF.

The posters in this thread have included a variety of professionals. But lets be honest here if we can for a moment.

To actually believe that somehow everyone grew up as a child and wanted to be the police is simply not just ignorant it is plain moronic. This type of mentality is clearly someone who watched too many cops shows as a child and sadly this carried over into adulthood. This mentality often drifts into people that actually get on the job. Sadly even the extensive psychological tests do not weed out people with this mentality and become the police. This poster has admitted he is not the police. But it appears he dreams about becoming a police officer. This is exactly the problem law enforcement is faced with today. Could imagine getting pulled over or have a incident with someone that has a thought process like this? Very scary indeed. Let us all hope someone with this type of thinking never carries a gun or a badge in any community in this country.

This attitude is the "us against them" thought process that often hinders law enforcement and get officers and the department bad publicity along with lawsuits that harm the department, and the community. This thought process becomes prevalent when officers start thinking they are above the law and start hating the people they swore to serve and protect. We can only hope the MMPI tests can weed out people like this from becoming a law enforcement officer in your community.
You just made my case - what kept you off ?
Old 03-29-2012, 11:04 AM
Deceptikon
Racer

Originally Posted by not08crmanymore
Yea,don't look at them.
They will melt your face

Get notified of new replies

To Pulled over while waiting at a Red Light....(Long)

Old 03-29-2012, 12:45 PM
04_Z06_CE
Safety Car

Originally Posted by vettro
Here, here, - I agree 100% this post was started for one reason only...

to fish in all you cop hating wannabes who never could pass the grade and now hate all LEO's, you're all bitter and jealous because you couldn't get on the job -

So lets start a post like this so you can bash all LEO's...!!! A collection of lemmings that will follow each other right off a cliff, no minds of your own, just a collective beehive mentality saying exactly and everything the other jackass just said ...

Really?
Old 03-29-2012, 01:16 PM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 183 Posts

Next time wink at him
Old 03-29-2012, 01:24 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Deceptikon
They will melt your face

Better to look straight forward...

Quick Reply: Pulled over while waiting at a Red Light....(Long)