C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled over while waiting at a Red Light....(Long)

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 11:30 AM
04_Z06_CE
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

usually jealousy plays a part as well
Old 03-27-2012, 12:51 PM
heavymetals
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by PittMD1
This sounds usefull. Please feel free to elaborate.
It involves (usually) the cop giving you his card with a phone #.

You "turn in" the card when you get stopped again (if ever) and the cop will confiscate the card and let you go.

Not guaranteed to work in all situations, obviously.

Kind of the cop way of saying "sorry".
Old 03-27-2012, 12:51 PM
rz2mbc
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C3 Vette Fan
Profiling.....
now if u were wearing a hoodie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2012, 01:35 PM
stargate
Instructor

I think he was doing his job...

Originally Posted by Formula52
Hi,

I was pulled over this week waiting at a red light. A County Cop was passing me on the other side of the road while I sat behind 5 cars at this red light. As he passed I looked at him as he was checking me out. Now note, I was driving my Atomic Orange Coupe with the top off and windows down. Had my black Corvette cap on and sunglasses.
I watched in my rearview mirror as he made a U-Turn and went to the middle of the road just a bit behind me, (two lane road). When the light turn green, he got right behind me and put on his lights once we passed the green traffic light. Could not figure out what I did wrong. He came to my window as I was getting my paper work together. He was very polite as was I, and introduced himself. "Said he stopped me because as he passed he noticed my inspection sticker was dated 8 - 11. But did not see the one year exemption right above it" (which is larger than the inspection sticker)... He apologized and sent me on my way.... I said "I appreciated you doing your job officer."

Just think I was profiled for driving a Vette or because I looked at him when he passed me.
What do you guys think?
Old 03-27-2012, 01:37 PM
C3 Vette Fan
Pro

Originally Posted by rz2mbc
now if u were wearing a hoodie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe then...
Old 03-27-2012, 04:59 PM
KB9GKC
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Nice Ride
He was just checking out your ride. Remember there are two kinds of people, those who drive Corvette and those who wish they could.

Douglas in Green Bay
Old 03-27-2012, 05:24 PM
FloridaGrandSport
Burning Brakes

I lived for 21 yrs in NJ; one of the worst states in regards to traffic laws and vehicle inspections. He was a typical NJ LEO doing what they are programmed to do. But I'm curious, county in NJ is Sheriff and they don't do traffic stops or enforcement, just jails, warrants etc. Sounds fishy.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:10 PM
Eppieguy
Melting Slicks

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula52
Hi,

I was pulled over this week waiting at a red light. A County Cop was passing me on the other side of the road while I sat behind 5 cars at this red light. As he passed I looked at him as he was checking me out. Now note, I was driving my Atomic Orange Coupe with the top off and windows down. Had my black Corvette cap on and sunglasses.
I watched in my rearview mirror as he made a U-Turn and went to the middle of the road just a bit behind me, (two lane road). When the light turn green, he got right behind me and put on his lights once we passed the green traffic light. Could not figure out what I did wrong. He came to my window as I was getting my paper work together. He was very polite as was I, and introduced himself. "Said he stopped me because as he passed he noticed my inspection sticker was dated 8 - 11. But did not see the one year exemption right above it" (which is larger nthan the inspection sticker)... He apologized and sent me on my way.... I said "I appreciated you doing your job officer."

Just think I was profiled for driving a Vette or because I looked at him when he passed me.
What do you guys think?
I have 3 of those 1 year extension stickers in NJ and mine are only half the size of the inspection sticker, youres must be a special sticker.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:41 PM
randango2
5th Gear

Default COPS suck!

Cop pulled me over one day.Walked to the window and said "do you know why I pulled you over"....No I replied.......I kid you not....the cop said "your son stuck his tongue out at me when you passed me a ways back".......I laughed and told him "you stick your tongue out at him and we will call it even".....he drove off PISSED!
Old 03-27-2012, 09:55 PM
C3 Vette Fan
Pro

Originally Posted by randango2
Cop pulled me over one day.Walked to the window and said "do you know why I pulled you over"....No I replied.......I kid you not....the cop said "your son stuck his tongue out at me when you passed me a ways back".......I laughed and told him "you stick your tongue out at him and we will call it even".....he drove off PISSED!
I can see that happening. Great story...Glad you shared it, and makes you wonder who our communities are allowing to wear guns of all things..
Old 03-27-2012, 09:56 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

Pulling people over for minor crap like this is how they get big tickets such as no license/insurance/drugs/DUI/etc. He has pretty good eyes though.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:59 PM
Eppieguy
Melting Slicks

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by randango2
"cops suck" is a real rude thing to say about a whole lot of people out there doing a damn hard job to protect and serve all of us. Such an ignorant thing to say. Sure, like anything else there are some bad apples and some people like you have bad days but it takes a real dedicated and caring type of person do do that job and they deserve some gratitude. I'm not a LEO either.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:03 PM
RnLi
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want my click back.

This isn't even worth discussing!!

Last edited by RnLi; 03-28-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:23 PM
hdjoe88
Advanced

Originally Posted by FloridaGrandSport
I lived for 21 yrs in NJ; one of the worst states in regards to traffic laws and vehicle inspections. He was a typical NJ LEO doing what they are programmed to do. But I'm curious, county in NJ is Sheriff and they don't do traffic stops or enforcement, just jails, warrants etc. Sounds fishy.
Most NJ Sheriff's Depts do not have a patrol division. Some do.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:39 AM
vettro
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mistake on the sticker as stated, I'm sure if he was as another poster suggested "being a Pr**k" he could have very easily found a series of other violations on or in your vehicle, the list is endless - trust me...
Old 03-28-2012, 08:41 AM
Harley06
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Default Profiling

Originally Posted by dvilin
I think he was a Cop looking to write a ticket for the man driving the Corvette.
I agree.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:13 AM
C3 Vette Fan
Pro

Originally Posted by vettro
Mistake on the sticker as stated, I'm sure if he was as another poster suggested "being a Pr**k" he could have very easily found a series of other violations on or in your vehicle, the list is endless - trust me...
Not really. If the the car was well maintained with no cracks on the windshield, tires inflated properly, insurance up to date, license up to date, brake lights working, head lights, plates up to date and properly affixed it would have been difficult writing a moving violation. If he would of attempted to find violations that were non existent or very borderline the officer may end up in trouble for harassing a motorist.

Too many variables to consider such as dash cam or witnesses. But the list is not endless unless the officer likes to answer citizen complaints. Citizen complaints can ruin a officers career-trust me...

Get notified of new replies

To Pulled over while waiting at a Red Light....(Long)

Old 03-28-2012, 10:37 AM
firefighter813x
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2toys
No way to know for sure, but one thing I've learned here on the Forum, when in doubt always check with your local Safeway clerk. They know everything about everything Vette related.
As in the grocery store? Lol I'll go to Safeway on my day off to ask about cam choices...
Old 03-28-2012, 10:42 AM
C3 Vette Fan
Pro

Originally Posted by 2toys
No way to know for sure, but one thing I've learned here on the Forum, when in doubt always check with your local Safeway clerk. They know everything about everything Vette related.
I'm shocked at how much they know about the Vette. I'm thinking about having one do my brakes next month. Sometimes I will stop in and ask about issues I have with the car, and pick up a gallon of milk.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:50 AM
vettro
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by C3 Vette Fan
Not really. If the the car was well maintained with no cracks on the windshield, tires inflated properly, insurance up to date, license up to date, brake lights working, head lights, plates up to date and properly affixed it would have been difficult writing a moving violation. If he would of attempted to find violations that were non existent or very borderline the officer may end up in trouble for harassing a motorist.

Too many variables to consider such as dash cam or witnesses. But the list is not endless unless the officer likes to answer citizen complaints. Citizen complaints can ruin a officers career-trust me...
Exhaust stock or not? Loud exhaust is a violation whether it's loud or not if it's not stock it's loud - lol... You may think you have everything covered BUT YOU DON'T - I am 100% certain I could find a violation on your car somewhere - anything hanging from the mirror? Is the inspection sticker placed exactly where it's supposed to be? Do you have a plate frame on your car? ... the list is endless - if he wanted to you would have gotten a ticket - complaint or no complaint - LEO's (like the Honey Badger) "don't give a ****"

Quick Reply: Pulled over while waiting at a Red Light....(Long)