C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issues with getting clear bra on a 2013 60th anniversary edition w/ stripes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 07:51 PM
thisismyusername
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues with getting clear bra on a 2013 60th anniversary edition w/ stripes?

Hey folks,

Wondering if there would be issues with getting clear bra on my 60th anniversary edition, specifically with the racing stripes? The exterior is arctic white with the grey stripes.

Thanks.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:00 PM
kenw
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 119 Likes on 78 Posts

I have a 09 Cyber/Grey Z06 with custom stripes. At Carlisle this year I had Expel clear put on the whole front of the car. If you look closely from the side you can see a tiny bit of what they call shadow but frankly I am the only one who has been able to notice it.

I am very happy with the product and the protection.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:31 PM
BillWTX
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is a great and timely question. I'd be curious if any that did it had any issues as well. I was considering having this done this weekend.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:47 PM
PMD C6
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My Z is in the shop right now getting xpel installed on it. I am pretty sure the guy has done a 60th Anniversary package before, but i will ask him just to be sure when i go and pick mine up if it could possibly affect the stripes if it were to ever be removed.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:16 AM
Texas_Venom
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No issues at all. We apply film over stripes all the time... in fact a lot of people go with the full hood to protect the stripes as they will get tears in them when rocks hit the vinyl. When or if the film needs to be removed park the vehicle out in the sun on a warm day and pull the film off slowly... going into the stripe at a 45 degree angle. Vinyl adhesive is stronger than PPF adhesive... so we have never had an issue doing this.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:25 PM
RickRack
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas_Venom
No issues at all. We apply film over stripes all the time... in fact a lot of people go with the full hood to protect the stripes as they will get tears in them when rocks hit the vinyl. When or if the film needs to be removed park the vehicle out in the sun on a warm day and pull the film off slowly... going into the stripe at a 45 degree angle. Vinyl adhesive is stronger than PPF adhesive... so we have never had an issue doing this.

Yes, the film can most definitely be installed over the stripes as Texas Venom stated. Since the gray factory stripes are somewhere in the middle of having a matte finish and gloss finish, whatever area of the stripes that are covered in film may be slightly glossier. You can also just apply the film to the painted surface only and have the installer seam it right beyond the edge of the vinyl. Of course then the stripe will not be protected from stone chips...

Get notified of new replies

To Issues with getting clear bra on a 2013 60th anniversary edition w/ stripes?

Quick Reply: Issues with getting clear bra on a 2013 60th anniversary edition w/ stripes?