C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XM question?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 12:09 AM
Stevenyc777
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default XM question?

My xm is gona expire in a couple weeks and I got a notice saying I can renew at 99$ for the year,but reading all the posts here was going to pay by check but if you read the fine print it says it will auto renew when the year is up at a different rate but it doesn't say how much? Anybody know? Migjt just let it expire.....
Old 03-15-2012, 12:20 AM
bearphoto
Safety Car

Received 302 Likes on 200 Posts
SoCal Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12

I dont know what the auto renewal rate is but its alot more than the $99. xm had a rate increase in the last 6 months or so. Each time i have renewed at a reduced rate they always say when you renew the next time it will be at the standard going rate. If you want to get a better deal you will have to talk with the supervisor and threaten to cancel or tell them to cancel your subscription. Then you will get a better rate.

The problem is waiting to talk to the xm representative and being able to understand them is very frustrating. And NEVER EVER give them your credit card! Always make them send you a bill, then pay by check or electronically. I like their music, its their service that is so bad!
Old 03-15-2012, 12:21 AM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

They probably don't know. Just call them about a week or two before it expires and ask them how much the new year will cost.

However, they will probably already have sent you a bill for the new year and it will tell you how much. Typical is about $150 a year.

When you see or hear the new year amount, ask for the cancellation department if you don't like the price. They'll probably offer you another year at a good price.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:33 AM
Stevenyc777
Pro

It's unbelievable that we have to go through this bs but I do like the music selections...
Old 03-15-2012, 12:39 AM
K9KUZ
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Going on 6 years at $77 (plus royalties and mailed invoice). Just tell them you want to cancel. Be firm. Listen to the "deals". Call them 1 week prior to renewal date.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:40 AM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

yeah, a real PITA, but we need to protect ourselves from their aggressive business practices nonetheless...
Old 03-15-2012, 12:43 AM
Dendk
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by K9KUZ
Going on 6 years at $77 (plus royalties and mailed invoice). Just tell them you want to cancel. Be firm. Listen to the "deals". Call them 1 week prior to renewal date.

I paid a little more but not much....still a deal.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:51 AM
RobLo
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 289 Likes on 193 Posts

I like their music, its their service that is so bad![/QUOTE]

Old 03-15-2012, 08:56 AM
Wezel
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary '09 C6
...but we need to protect ourselves from their aggressive business practices nonetheless...
XM is the most horrible company I've ever dealt with. I suggest you call them and cancel before the auto renew kicks in. Too many other good options for music.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:47 AM
jwstegbauer
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wezel
XM is the most horrible company I've ever dealt with.
I have to agree, absolutely the worst customer service ever.

I have been dealing with them for the past 3 days since my 2012 GS LT4 Convertible was delivered about the trial length of service.

Basic GS has 3 months XM, LT4 option adds an additional 9 months XM which equals 12 months trial service.

XM keeps telling me the car only has 3 months, I have even send them a copy of the window sticker and the only thing I keep getting is an email that contains:

"Please be informed that we have forwarded your concern on your trial subscription to the appropriate department for further review. For your reference, ticket number XXXXXXX has been issued."
Old 03-15-2012, 10:06 AM
RobLo
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 289 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by jwstegbauer
I have to agree, absolutely the worst customer service ever.

I have been dealing with them for the past 3 days since my 2012 GS LT4 Convertible was delivered about the trial length of service.

Basic GS has 3 months XM, LT4 option adds an additional 9 months XM which equals 12 months trial service.

XM keeps telling me the car only has 3 months, I have even send them a copy of the window sticker and the only thing I keep getting is an email that contains:

"Please be informed that we have forwarded your concern on your trial subscription to the appropriate department for further review. For your reference, ticket number XXXXXXX has been issued."
I had a similar problem with my DD, I was supposed to get traffic and weather with my 3 month trial, I didn't. After many calls, XM finally told me I had to go back to the dealer for that, they're the ones that are supposed to activate that. I went back to the dealer and they activated it and I was fine after that, you might want to try the dealer.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:07 AM
maysdens
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just renewed on a one year contract for $80 with all fees included. We are on the mailed invoice program where we pay with check.

XM had sent us an invoice for $103 for six months. I called the cancellation department and they offered $86 for one year or $43 a year with all fees included. I said "is that the best you can do?" and she came back with $80 for the year and $40 for six months all fees included. I should receive the paper invoice any day now and they waived the $2 invoice fee. My account on XM website has been updated to show the $80 charge.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:03 PM
jwstegbauer
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got back from the dealer, who was finally able to get this resolved with XM.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:13 PM
Jimmy Mac!
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by K9KUZ
Same here!
Old 03-15-2012, 01:18 PM
427Z0SX
Le Mans Master

Received 154 Likes on 84 Posts

Is XM the same company as Sirius now? Their website is siriusxm.com
Old 03-15-2012, 02:01 PM
Pack Leader
Racer

XM is the most horrible company I've ever dealt with. I suggest you call them and cancel before the auto renew kicks in. Too many other good options for music.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:23 PM
trivette
Melting Slicks

Received 122 Likes on 87 Posts

I spent nearly two hours with those idiots on the phone Tuesday evening. My wife called on the way from work saying her XM no longer worked on her new SRX. This was just past the 90 day free trial, which I had agreed/paid to extend and replace the service on her previous SRX along with keeping it on with my CTS and the 'Vette. I always do the monthly billing and NO cc information is ever given to them. Long story short (kind of) when I finally got in touch with a rep it was found that in addition to cancelling the service on the SRX we traded they also cancelled it on the 'Vette. (It was still in storage, so I would have had no idea.) I ended up uncovering it, unhooking the battery tender, starting and backing it out so they could transmit a new signal. Did the same for the SRX. After all that I get transferred to another rep to actually do the 'reinstatement'. She then wants to charge $15 each for the activations! You can imagine how that conversation went! Bottom line, they eventually waived the fee and gave me a lower rate than before for all three radios on one account-as they should have been.
I cannot see what is so difficult about their business-they constantly get people upset due to their own incompetence and take a hard line at any resolution. When I finally get back in the house after all this hassle my wife calmly says-"I hope you enjoyed detailing the cars for almost two hours." She couldn't believe I was actually dealing with her situation the whole time...but that's the reality of XM,

Get notified of new replies

To XM question?

Old 03-15-2012, 02:30 PM
PittMD1
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After reading all the "Horrible company", posts I thought I would check and see when my subscription runs out. I logged into my "manage my account" option and noticed there was not an option to cancel. I call up listner care and spoke with a very polite lady. There was no BS involved at all. She told me my subscription runs out at the end of May. I told her I did not want to auto renew. She told me they could take auto renew off my CC and they would send me a notice. If when I did not want to renew at that time I could just call and they would cancel and i would not owe anything. Since my new corvette will have SiriusXM I don't need it in my old car and requested that they cancel my account when my subscription runs out. She set me up to cancel when my subscription was up. Done deal.

I know you might feel differently if you have turned over to the collection thugs but I thought it was great customer service.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:47 PM
Wezel
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have 2200+ tunes in my iTunes music library. Most car audio systems now play mp3 cd's and accommodate iPods. You can make your own mp3 cd's on your home computer with iTunes that will hold 150+ tunes each. For every dollar that I would pay to SirusXM (for two vehicles) I can buy a new tune from the iTunes Store and keep it and use it however I want to. Depending on the cost of the XM plan, that's probably at least a couple of hundred new tunes in my library a year.

This is why I don't put up with the XM BS!

BTW: Pandora Radio is a great place to find new music; it can also link you to iTunes, and it's free.

Last edited by Wezel; 03-15-2012 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Clarity
Old 03-15-2012, 03:21 PM
hig4s
Burning Brakes

I have 2200+ tunes in my iTunes music library. Most car audio systems now play mp3 cd's and accommodate iPods. You can make your own mp3 cd's on your home computer with iTunes that will hold 150+ tunes each. For every dollar that I would pay to SirusXM (for two vehicles) I can buy a new tune from the iTunes Store and keep it and use it however I want to. Depending on the cost of the XM plan, that's probably at least a couple of hundred new tunes in my library a year.

This is why I don't put up with the XM BS!

BTW: Pandora Radio is a great place to find new music; it can also link you to iTunes, and it's free.
For $36 a year you can have unlimited Pandora with no commercials (have it running on my computer at work all day) and add the free app on your smart phone and just plug it into the AUX jack on the car and use it just like XM.. I do it all the time.

Quick Reply: XM question?