You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!
You will get more answers in the audio section. On most Kenwood HU's you can change the start up screen. Here is my screen from my 6140. There is a Kenwood forum that can give you step by step instruction on replacing the start up screen. It has been a couple years since I did mine so don't want to steer you wrong.
Although I don't have a 6990, I have changed both the start-up and background screens on my Kenwood. The info on how to, as Mike02Z states can be found by searching both on this forum and the Kenwood forum. It seems from reading through many of the threads on both sites, that the process is pretty similar for all the Kenwoods.
Additionally you can search here:
Official AVIC Backgrounds Thread
in the CF Audio section and use or modify any of the sample background/start-up screen samples that people have thrown onto that thread even though it is in relation to Pioneer screens.
It has been quite some time since I did mine, but from what I remember you have to have a particular screen size, in that you may have to re-size whatever picture you want to use, then load it as per instructions found in the forums.
These are basically the same as before with some more detail:
1. First the image must be formatted for use as a start up screen image:
Using Photoshop or another Photo editing program resize the image to 800 X 480.
Save the picture as a BMP 16bit full color file. In the advanced settings change the RGB to R5,G6,B5
Save the image on a USB drive.
2. Installing the start up image into the receiver:
• Connect USB memory which contains BMP image file
• Press [MENU + TEL + Reset] to enter setup mode (Triangle is the reset button)
(Continue holding the MENU + TEL until receiver powers back on)
• To change startup screen to the image on USB memory select “OEM Image”
• Choose the image you want from the list
• If the image is correct press the “enter” button
• Once picture is finished writing it will return to the screen below
• Press the reset button to exit the Startup Screen Menu.
• To return to the original startup screen follow the same step and select “Kenwood Image”
I hadn't realized that the lighted red triangle was the reset button. Had to use small screw driver to press, finger wouldn't do it.
Hi, I have used the blue tooth, dvd, and flash drive. Seems to be very smooth and fast to change functions. Still have stock speakers as they work well for me. Im not interested in loudness, just quality sound. Im still learning though. Double D mods does a great job. John
Yes, you are correct. Thats the answer I got. Waiting to hear from kenwood rep on a play by play as, I did not have any luck. seems the unit wants to just turn off. But will keep trying. Thx guys, John