C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unusual Active Handling situation

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 01:18 AM
jmoffett
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Unusual Active Handling situation

I was on the 2-lane highway to my house this evening and got behind a slower vehicle. I waited for a passing lane and went around, and he sped up and tried to keep up. I decided to leave him behind and was going around a curve at ~60mph and hit a small bump. The active handling message appeared on the DIC like it normally does, but then didn't go out. During this time, the car felt jittery. I slowed down to see if it would reset, but it didn't. I sped up and the jittery feel got worse and almost felt like I was hitting the rev limiter, but I wasn't anywhere near the redline. I was ready for a front brake to lock up at any second. I turned on a side road and shut the car off, restarted it, and continued home with things back to normal. I've had the the recall work done on my steering column (banana clip in connector), but this is the first issue I've had with active handling. Has anyone else encountered anything like this?

Quick Reply: Unusual Active Handling situation