C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock Shifter O-Ring

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 02:30 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,839 Likes on 1,800 Posts

Default Stock Shifter O-Ring

The o-ring on my MN6 shifter broke into multiple pieces, some of which were lost, so I am unable to use it to match up to find a replacement. Does anyone happen to know either where I can purchase a replacement, or what the specific size is?

The lack of an o-ring is causing the metal piece at the top of the boot vibrate and fall down, and the noise is driving me batty.

TIA
Old 01-03-2017, 02:59 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
The o-ring on my MN6 shifter broke into multiple pieces, some of which were lost, so I am unable to use it to match up to find a replacement. Does anyone happen to know either where I can purchase a replacement, or what the specific size is?

The lack of an o-ring is causing the metal piece at the top of the boot vibrate and fall down, and the noise is driving me batty.

TIA
Since the O-Ring is hidden, a small sized zip tie can also be used instead of the O-Ring. Tuck the small zip tie joint up next to the seam on the boot and you'll never notice it.
If you want an O-ring, then go to your local parts store and ask for a 1" diameter O-Ring. That will give it a snug fit.

Good luck
Old 01-03-2017, 03:41 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,839 Likes on 1,800 Posts

Originally Posted by LV2TOUR
Since the O-Ring is hidden, a small sized zip tie can also be used instead of the O-Ring. Tuck the small zip tie joint up next to the seam on the boot and you'll never notice it.
If you want an O-ring, then go to your local parts store and ask for a 1" diameter O-Ring. That will give it a snug fit.

Good luck
Thank you.

I'll be making a trip to my local Ace Hardware this weekend to preserve my sanity.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:19 PM
BlownC6Cpe
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
Thank you.

I'll be making a trip to my local Ace Hardware this weekend to preserve my sanity.
You're in luck. I am in the middle of a shifter swap! Take a quarter for reference!

Last edited by BlownC6Cpe; 01-04-2017 at 05:20 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Stock Shifter O-Ring

Quick Reply: Stock Shifter O-Ring