C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XM is worst company in my 60 years

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 01:45 PM
spearce
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After reading this thread I got a little worried. I have a 2011 GS and the 1 year subscription should have ended back in November. I decided to call XM and cancel my service. I didn't want an unexpected bill showing up. It turns out that my XM was activated using the dealers account. So I never got the benefit of my free 1 year. They have given me 1 additional year for free. I wonder if I didn't call if I would have gotten this for a lot longer using the dealer account? I didn't have to give them a credit card or any billing information. From what the customer service person said they don't even know my address. I've marked my calander to cancel the service next year. The funny thing is I still don't trust them.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:04 PM
zapp
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by spearce
........ The funny thing is I still don't trust them.
Never trust them, ever. In January I extended my wifes account for her Pilot to lifetime. This was agreed to be $450 via the reps supervisor, he said I will send you out a statement, luckily I paid for it over the phone with my credit card. I get an invoice this week for an additional $330. So I call to see what is up. They tell me the lifetime plan is $680, I informed them I had agreed on $450 and paid it. There is nothing written in the account of course, so they basically called me a liar. So I go up two levels of supervisors. She states I can't cancel because I agreed to a lifetime account, and they can't just charge me the $450. I of course am getting aggravated, and tell them honor the agreement, or I will contact my CC company, and have them investigated for fraud, and do a charge back. She finally agreed, but I will be keeping an eye out on my account. I will never subscribe to their service again.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:17 PM
ospreycorvette
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can we start a movement on this type of terrible business practice so this does not happen to other people?
Maybe send some politician emails, someone who is not bought out by lobbyists?
There must be one that might care.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:23 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,254 Likes on 708 Posts

Originally Posted by zapp
Never trust them, ever. In January I extended my wifes account for her Pilot to lifetime. This was agreed to be $450 via the reps supervisor, he said I will send you out a statement, luckily I paid for it over the phone with my credit card. I get an invoice this week for an additional $330. So I call to see what is up. They tell me the lifetime plan is $680, I informed them I had agreed on $450 and paid it. There is nothing written in the account of course, so they basically called me a liar. So I go up two levels of supervisors. She states I can't cancel because I agreed to a lifetime account, and they can't just charge me the $450. I of course am getting aggravated, and tell them honor the agreement, or I will contact my CC company, and have them investigated for fraud, and do a charge back. She finally agreed, but I will be keeping an eye out on my account. I will never subscribe to their service again.
I guess a person is going to have to inform the customer service reps that you are recording the conversation when you cancel or make a deal so there's proof.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,033 Posts

He is my XM story. I bought my 07 Vette on Sept 30th 2011 and I called XM the next day to get the service. I wanted everything Howard Stern, NFL, etc so they tell me I will get three free months and on Jan 7th I will be billed for one year. I get a bill on Oct 15th with a due date of Nov 1st for the full amount.

I ignored it, then about Nov 10th I get a e-mail saying that my service will be cut off in 48 hours unless I call and pay by card. I call them and after 10 mins on hold I speak to a woman sales rep and tell her my story. She puts me on hold and comes back and says your ok and will be billed as per your original agreement in Jan. I just got the bill this week. I do know from other friends who made the mistake of giving their card numbers this company they can make your life hell.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:54 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,033 Posts

As for them reporting you to a credit agency I would think they would need your ss# to do that. Also you can dispute that claim on your report and have it removed.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:38 PM
scootertrash19
Racer

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
If They would go to a month to month, straight forward honest billing program, I bet their business would really increase. They need a billing practice such as Netflix. I can go online and change, cancel, suspend my account without talking to anyone or getting any BS.No hidden charges, cancellation fees, contracts, or games played. If XM had a program like that, I would sign up for sure.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Dan47
Race Director

Originally Posted by ospreycorvette
You will like this, bought my 2010 GS New and it came with XM for 1 year.
I let it expire and they continued service for about 2 extra months then billed me $38 for service.
They sent it to a collection agency, I will never pay this shoddy way of doing business, just incredible.
By the way, the sound is so compressed it is almost not worth listening to, just crooks and a very desperate company.
The collection agency hung up on me.
They have auto renewal.

Be aware to cancel months in advance to hopefully precent this, of course you will be on the phone forever to get this done, just garbage.
Get a cancellation number if that is possible.

I will call GM and complain.
Same thing happened to my wife last month. We had a message on the answering machine from a collection agency for thirty something dollars from xm radio. I don't remember every seeing a bill for it much less a second one for being overdue. Don't know if I would have ever considered having their service again without this incident but definitely won't now.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:25 PM
RnLi
Burning Brakes

Just adding a little insult to injury (not really, just providing info).....

Got a letter 2 days ago from XM stating they are providing free service for the first 14 days of February. Checked a little while ago....yep, it's working.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:37 PM
vince48
Advanced

Originally Posted by blkvet6
I absolutely agree. They are downright freecreditreport.com thieves, unscrupulous. I can't believe the authorities let the merger (with Sirius) go through, making them a monopoly for satellite radio. They are terrible, and now worse than ever.

Yes Sir it is unethical and unscrupulous. Why did the merger go through? Thank your favorite voting party and the lobbyist. The most dangerous combination to the working class (us 99%). The government is not geared to deal with the "unfairness" practices of commerce swiftly. Too much bureaucratic road blocks, (did I say) lobbyist and party line voting!
Maybe a better solution would be to contact our local and state elected people.

Remember it is a election year. Those senators and congress people you, me elect need something to tell us that they are looking out for our best interest.

Companies like XM and others that practices this type of behavior must be penalized and be driven out of business.

May I say, that our President, Congress and Senators work for the us. Us being the American Citizens whom elected all of those people into office.
We should not allow the elected to “pawn us”. Nothing gets done.

Have we lost our passion to elect the right people regardless of political lines? Now we suffer for generations and companies like XM stay alive.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:29 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,218 Likes on 829 Posts

Originally Posted by LS3 MN6
I had to. Along with the OnStar "Free Trial" documentation.
I didn't, nor haven't for four GM products...Including the blue button. It has never been pushed....and won't be.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:09 AM
AIR_RAM
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by QUAKEJAKE
One word.Pandora radio free or 3bucks a month commercial free.
Thats all I use... I hook up my iPone and play the Pandora App... Its free and if you set your stations up right you will have unlimited music taylored to your liking...

Pandora is worth paying for... Im still running the free app, but the paid app is supposed to be even better...

SPEED SAFE, NICK
Old 02-05-2012, 01:19 AM
NYC-Style
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

You can't let it "expire", you have to cancel it. You said it had poor sound and yet you kept it for a complete year...you should have cancelled as soon as you realized it wasn't for you... I want my click back on...
Old 02-05-2012, 01:27 AM
Dendk
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know the drill with XM....no credit card on file, watch billing cycle when it comes due make sure they send a bill. Call them and work a deal, wait until next time and repeat if you like the service, this has worked well.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:30 AM
brettbolt
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by hawkgfr
I didn't, nor haven't for four GM products...Including the blue button. It has never been pushed....and won't be.
The XM/Onstar contract signing requirement seems to vary depending on the dealer. Besides 'LS3 MN6' my wife and I also had to sign XM and Onstar paperwork when we bought our new Chevy Aveo. They forwarded our name and address to XM. For OnStar, they also provided our phone number.

We used our GM Card Earnings for nearly $3K of the vehicle cost. The dealer (actually their 'closer') gave us his pledge that he would not forward our GM Credit Card number to either party. Thank god he didn't.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:11 AM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

Received 865 Likes on 608 Posts
CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03,'04,'05,'07,08,'09,'10,’17

Originally Posted by ospreycorvette
You will like this, bought my 2010 GS New and it came with XM for 1 year.
I let it expire and they continued service for about 2 extra months then billed me $38 for service.
They sent it to a collection agency, I will never pay this shoddy way of doing business, just incredible.
By the way, the sound is so compressed it is almost not worth listening to, just crooks and a very desperate company.
The collection agency hung up on me.
They have auto renewal.

Be aware to cancel months in advance to hopefully precent this, of course you will be on the phone forever to get this done, just garbage.
Get a cancellation number if that is possible.

I will call GM and complain.

They suck !!

The sound quality = AM radio.

And when it's time to cancel, it takes several phone calls and about an hour on the phone as they transfer you around. If I ever buy a car from GM again, I'll tell them to shove the free year of XM radio. It is not worth it.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

If your CC is on file with XM then after your free trial you will start to be billed accordingly,it is up to YOU to contact them if you wish to no longer receive XM after the free trial period. So I see nothing wrong on their part for charging you.

Get notified of new replies

To XM is worst company in my 60 years

Old 02-05-2012, 10:05 AM
DonOH
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

I think they suck too.

I don't have a billing problem I just hate how often the service goes down. First, it flutters in and out so you can't hear it, then it shuts down entirely. I've been told it is a problem with local 'repeaters' that amplify the signal.

Happens way too often and makes we question the value of the service.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:28 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,218 Likes on 829 Posts

Originally Posted by DT455
If your CC is on file with XM then after your free trial you will start to be billed accordingly,it is up to YOU to contact them if you wish to no longer receive XM after the free trial period. So I see nothing wrong on their part for charging you.
Surely you jest....
Old 02-05-2012, 02:13 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by hawkgfr
Surely you jest....
Sort of like saying that since you wrote me a check once, I can just put all the account info on file and write myself a check from your account next time...

Quick Reply: XM is worst company in my 60 years