C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power seat intermittent 2009 1LT

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Gyrobob
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All fixed. I lightly glued the broken switch housing back to the switch and inserted 3 pins, 1/16" diam each.

Re-assembly was easy, except for getting that side panel back on the left side of the seat. I had to bend it so much I thought it was about to break before it finally popped in to place.

I also carved out some of the foam that was resting on the top of the switch and the plug so it wouldn't constantly be pressing down on the back of the plug/switch assembly,.. putting a strain on the switch housing that probably caused it to break in the first place.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Pecanman
Instructor

Originally Posted by Gyrobob
All of a sudden the power seat in my base 2009 coupe works very little. Here are the clues:
-- When I sit on the seat, the toggle switch on the left side of the seat has no effect.
-- When I get off the seat, the toggle switch works sometimes.
-- When driving I can hear and feel what sounds like an electric motor underneath the seat making a slight clunk, then another clunk 2 seconds later. That repeats about every 10-15 seconds. When I get out of the car one of those motors underneath the seat is VERY warm. It doesn't do this every time I drive the car.
-- This is the first problem with the seat.
-- 36,000 miles on the car
-- Up until today, I would adjust the seat forward and back whenever I got in/out of the car.
-- All the fuses are good.
-- I can see no tools, teddy bears, Big Macs, condoms, guns, combs, etc., underneath the seat.

Before I take the seat out to check the wiring, plugs, etc., I wanted to check here first to see if this is a common problem, and, hopefully, with sy fix.

Thanks for any help.

Bob
Bob,
Make a trip over to SouthTowne on 34 and speak directly to Tim (Corvette Tech) Good head and can fix most anything. Tell Jim Pierce you have friends that sent you.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:05 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Gyrobob
All fixed. I lightly glued the broken switch housing back to the switch and inserted 3 pins, 1/16" diam each.

Re-assembly was easy, except for getting that side panel back on the left side of the seat. I had to bend it so much I thought it was about to break before it finally popped in to place.

I also carved out some of the foam that was resting on the top of the switch and the plug so it wouldn't constantly be pressing down on the back of the plug/switch assembly,.. putting a strain on the switch housing that probably caused it to break in the first place.
good job.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:07 AM
U DREM 2
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Bob, did you take the seat out or just remove the side buttons to get to the switch?

I' m having the same problem.

Thanks
Old 06-23-2012, 09:22 AM
Gyrobob
Intermediate

Originally Posted by U DREM 2
Bob, did you take the seat out or just remove the side buttons to get to the switch?

I' m having the same problem.

Thanks
I disconnected the wiring, unbolted the seat and flopped it on its back so I could work with it more easily.

Quick Reply: Power seat intermittent 2009 1LT