C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hate doing windows

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 08:42 PM
Tide Will Roll!
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RaleighTL
Access is up to you but I find that using an old piece of newspaper to dry down the glass is the only way I have found to get it streak free. Just ball up a piece and dry it down. Don't laugh until you try it. I place a piece of newpaper between the "trianlge wedgee" and the glass to get to the area right at the dash pad ....
Using a crumpled up newspaper to dry the windows is an old clean up shop trick from way back in the day. Also just use a wet, worn out chamois to wipe the windows first with. No chemicals needed. Just a wet chamois to wipe the windows with, then dry them with a crumpled up newsaper.

Bert

Roll Tide!
Old 01-29-2012, 10:58 PM
c54u
Melting Slicks

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts

Originally Posted by SimpleC6
I open the hatch and stand outside the vehicle...

The only way. Much faster and easier
Old 01-30-2012, 06:47 AM
Vette5.5
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've never had a problem with the rear glass, but the windshields no fun. I got the mentioned triangular microfiber tool from Autogeek, and while looking like a good idea, the edges of the fiber mitt easily got cut up. I don't use it any more, and just stick with some invisible glass cleaner and old cotton t-shirt.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:35 AM
LisasZR1
Lifetime NCM Member #2482
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by PaulB
I used to be able to do the glass and it was easy. The last several years I have found that once a micro fiber towel is used I cant get good results after the towel has been washed. Nowadays I start the new towels on the glass and when dirtied then they go into the wash and dry bucket. And yes I always wash my car towels separately,,,
Do you use fabric softener in the wash or dryer sheets - it will make the towels car wash unfriendly. I also program the wash for a 2nd rinse cycle.

Originally Posted by RaleighTL
Access is up to you but I find that using an old piece of newspaper to dry down the glass is the only way I have found to get it streak free. Just ball up a piece and dry it down. Don't laugh until you try it. I place a piece of newpaper between the "trianlge wedgee" and the glass to get to the area right at the dash pad ....
odd isn't? Works like a charm.

Originally Posted by Gerdia
I use one similar to this one. Local stores carry 2 or 3 different versions.

http://cdn.autoanything.com/images/p...eaner_tool.jpg
That thing is almost a must for the front.

Do you guys know I'm chuckling at the visions I have of you big tall drinks of water climbing into that hatch? I'm 5'7" so pretty easy for me. Made me smile first thing this morning.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:59 AM
enzo550m
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SimpleC6
I open the hatch and stand outside the vehicle...
I do the rear 2/3 of the glass standing at the rear while backing in and looking up, and the front area standing at the sides. I'm 6 ft. and very senior. Use the cleaner of your choice, new mf towels and go over it twice for better results.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:04 AM
RaleighTL
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tide - Yep that's me "way back in the day" ...!!! .. 69 years young ..
Left Tuscaloosa in '74, Ala. is a great place to live ....
Old 01-30-2012, 10:49 AM
pcguy2u
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by LisasZR1
Do you use fabric softener in the wash or dryer sheets - it will make the towels car wash unfriendly. I also program the wash for a 2nd rinse cycle.

odd isn't? Works like a charm.

That thing is almost a must for the front.

Do you guys know I'm chuckling at the visions I have of you big tall drinks of water climbing into that hatch? I'm 5'7" so pretty easy for me. Made me smile first thing this morning.
Hey Lisa, did you make an announcement about your ID change? Is that you?
Old 01-30-2012, 10:51 AM
pcguy2u
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 77 Posts

I found the easiest way to clean the inside of that window is to use my 5'6", 115# boss - she gets inside with ease. Of course I have to make an appointment. Newspaper and water does it everytime.

Quick Reply: Hate doing windows