C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Groit's Garage????

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 08:33 AM
Cypher
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
We are indeed an authorized reseller for Griots and offer a forum discount of 10% off most items using couponcode CORVETTEFORUM.
The 10% discount is nice , but the shipping cost negates the discount. Griot’s quite often offers free shipping on orders over $25 (i.e. currently available now).

For example, if I place a $50 Griot’s product order with Autogeek, I get a $5 forum member discount, but have to pay $15 for shipping. So, the same $50 worth of Griot’s product will cost me $10 more through Autogeek.

Am I missing some advantage that Autogeek can offer me on Griot’s products?
Old 01-26-2012, 08:36 AM
Neil Baker
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterMidlifeCrisis
Their stuff is great! Being a local, I've been to their shop numerous times and purchased a lot of their goods. They also give a lot back to the car enthusiast community, hosting numerous demos, detailing workshops, and car gatherings. I highly recommend their products.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:35 AM
enzo550m
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cypher
The only complaint I do have about Griot’s is their advertised “Finest Sprayer” applicator is JUNK…I’ve had 3 of those crap-out on me.

So now, I just use an old Windex spray bottle for my Speed Shine.
Yep! Forgot about the "finest sprayer." Drools, pees and does everything a sprayer is not supposed to do except mist! Like you, I now also save old Windex sprayers. Has to be an embarrassment for Griot and he should pull it from the catalog until a working replacement can be found.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:58 PM
Bill Baird
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

The only complaint I do have about Griot’s is their advertised “Finest Sprayer” applicator is JUNK…I’ve had 3 of those crap-out on me.

So now, I just use an old Windex spray bottle for my Speed Shine.
You are correct - I've noticed this as well. At one time their "Finest Sprayers" were top notch, but in the last few years, I've been noticing that their quality has dropped quite a bit.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:06 PM
KneeDragr
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use their spray on wax and undercarriage spray every time I wash. The speed shine is decent, not my favorite detailer but its quite inexpensive if you buy it on BOGO at autogeek, 6$ for a 16 ounce at that price point. Thats pretty much what I do, stock up when Autogeek has their stuff on BOGO and buy enough stuff so you get free shipping. I also use their spray on car wash on my Vette after driving it sometimes.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:14 PM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by KneeDragr
I use their spray on wax and undercarriage spray every time I wash. The speed shine is decent, not my favorite detailer but its quite inexpensive if you buy it on BOGO at autogeek, 6$ for a 16 ounce at that price point. Thats pretty much what I do, stock up when Autogeek has their stuff on BOGO and buy enough stuff so you get free shipping. I also use their spray on car wash on my Vette after driving it sometimes.
I agree...I only buy from Autogeek on buy-one get-one deals and buy enough for free shipping.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:13 PM
crazyeddie
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by Ammo
Clay bar, speed shine, glass polish and Vinyl & Rubber Dressing are my favorites. Been to thier store many times, great place to spend an hour just looking around.
I really like their vinyl and rubber dressing. With my ebony dash and door panels, you apply it once and it lasts for years. Best stuff I've ever used, just deep black, not shiny. I actually bought my last bottle at Autozone. The stuff is so good I gave my old bottle to the new owners of my 2005. eddie
Old 01-26-2012, 03:26 PM
Eminitrader
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

great stuff!
Old 02-12-2012, 06:41 PM
Alludc
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great garage and nice shine but do u ha e to drive out into the gravel or does this fancy garage come with a secret hidden door or perhaps a teleporter

The trick I found to work with Griot’s Best-of-Show wax is to apply a thin coat with the Random Orbital, let it set-up for a few hours, then apply a second coat over the first (again w/the RO), let that cure for an hour or so and then remove the BoS wax by spraying on Speed Shine and wiping with the Griot’s yellow microfiber. Hand buff to a nice deep gloss with another pass of Speed Shine using the white microfiber…works very well for me.

Here’s a pic of my black ’09, freshly done with the above procedure:

Old 02-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Cypher
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alludc
Great garage and nice shine but do u ha e to drive out into the gravel or does this fancy garage come with a secret hidden door or perhaps a teleporter
Yeah, I have to drive over the gravel.

I just built the garage addition last spring and then decided to upgrade the Vette last fall…so, the driveway is getting paved as soon as winter is over.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:27 PM
Sickem Dawgs
Racer

Car was getting a bit dusty..sprayed her down and then applied some Griots spray on wax while it was wet...then brought it out for a spin to work! Quick and easy have to love it for ease of use.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:00 PM
WAwatchnut
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a few Griots bottle leak on me after 1.5 years. I'm a bit of an auto care products junkie, so these were mostly unused bottles. One call to Griot's, and replacement products were on their way out, no questions asked. Top notch service every time I've dealt with them.

A lot of their stuff is expensive, but the actual detailing supplies are pretty consistent with other higher end products. Hardware is pricy, but any low volume, custom made stuff tends to be that way. How many other detail products company has wall mount racks for their spray bottles available?

(BTW - they've redesigned their bottles, so those leaks cant happen anymore)

Last edited by WAwatchnut; 02-28-2012 at 03:06 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:14 PM
P0234
Pro

Many Advance Auto stores carry their most popular items. A good line all round, I like the speed shine, one of the top 3 qd's out there (others being FK425 and Optimum).
Old 02-28-2012, 06:22 PM
Coolness
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 5 Posts

I use tons of their stuff and its all been great. I really like their spray on wax.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:13 PM
vettman96
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Excellent.

And the garage is really cool too. Lots of very quick cars.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:21 PM
El Paso Vette
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Excellent products. I don't use the wax since it melts in West Texas but I have a lot of the other very high quality products.

Quick Reply: Groit's Garage????